Janus skin for UT2004

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kirin[SC]

恐いハチミツボイ
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville NC
www.saphiria.net
Here's a skin that I made in a short amount of time. Her name is Janus. Here's some screenshots:

http://v2.saphiria.net/images/skins/screenshots/ProjectJanus_front.jpg
http://v2.saphiria.net/images/skins/screenshots/ProjectJanus_side.jpg
http://v2.saphiria.net/images/skins/screenshots/ProjectJanus_blue.jpg
http://v2.saphiria.net/images/skins/screenshots/ProjectJanus_red.jpg

And here's a download link: http://v2.saphiria.net/downloads/ut2004skn-janus.zip

She's also compatible with the CTF4 mod. The gold skin follows the same scheme as the blue skin while the green skin is the same like the red one ... only in different colours of course. ;)
Enjoy!

BTW, SaD, when you get back, you can add this to your queue. I'm not going to be available when you get back (I'm moving out) so there's no need to email me about it, instead, just grab the download link from here and post it on SkinCity when you get the chance. Thanks.

Kirin[SC]

恐いハチミツボイ
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville NC
www.saphiria.net
Thanks for the input. Sometimes, I get anal about the grain thing ... I think it's not detailed enough when it comes to textures so I end up abusing the noise filter at times. Maybe I shouldn't worry too much about it for my next skin since more and more players are starting to use the quality options, like Aniso and FSAA, of their graphics card. (Mind you, those shots were taken using a GeForce 3 Ti 200 ... if I turn those on, I lag big-time!)

As I mentioned in the readme file, I didn't want to dedicate too much time on it because once I move out, I won't have until six~eight weeks until I could work on another skin (which I'll have a better machine by then).

Kirin[SC]

恐いハチミツボイ
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville NC
www.saphiria.net
Yeah ... I'd probably jump in the same boat for not liking this model a whole lot ... it was a real pain in the butt to skin ... but then again, I never liked skinning robot models in the first place ... even though I had a pretty neato idea for another Xan skin, I just looked at the number of male Xan skins compared to other models and figured ... 'Jesus Tapdancing Christ! 71 skins?' ... I think I'll stay away from the Xan models for a while.

Ophelia looks like an interesting model to look into or the Female Thundercrash ... if I have some spare time, I might work on one of those two next.

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Cool Ophelia is my fav of the new ones barring the hellions and the female thundercrash have hardly been skinned at all. If I see another male xan unless it's really original I'll scream :lol:

:tup:

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
skincity.beyondunreal.com
KirinRiotCrash said:
BTW, SaD, when you get back, you can add this to your queue. I'm not going to be available when you get back (I'm moving out) so there's no need to email me about it, instead, just grab the download link from here and post it on SkinCity when you get the chance. Thanks.

Back for the weekend :) .
Downloading right now.
I post it with the first update after my work in Berlin (around the 7th of March).

Thanx for the link Kirin.

eklipse

The Combo Whoring Yoshi
Oct 27, 2004
there was one thing about this skin, and im not sure if it effects other ctf4 skins, but when i jumped onto a server running anti-tcc, it kicked me because it saw Janus as an invalid file of some sort x_x...i had to uninstall it to play on that server, but i was wondering if anyone else had that problem =\

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
It may be because it has the name Janus in it, eklipse. As far as I remember there's a character called 'Janus' in the default game - So, that's probably why. Nothing to do with the CTF4 support.

At the mo that's my best guess as I've yet to re-install 2k4 and the Project Janus skin to have a look but I'll have that done later today. I'd say I'm probably right though. Kirin's away for another few weeks but I'm sure he'll be able to verify when he's back, if I don't do so beforehand :tup:

Last edited:

eklipse

The Combo Whoring Yoshi
Oct 27, 2004
cool, you may be right about that :tup: ...i didnt know there was a default skin in UT called 'Janus'...that would be the only reason, i dont see why anti-tcc would kick for anything else :hmm:

Kirin[SC]

恐いハチミツボイ
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville NC
www.saphiria.net
eklipse, I'm going to post a fix shortly but at the mean time, you can follow klasnic's suggestion and it should work. I would also need to rebuild the JanusMod.u file because of it too but it's not important unless you're running a server.

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Thanks Kirin, I never thought of it when it was called project_janus but having downloaded and seen the name janus, then it hit me the name was already in game. It'll only affect the security mutators online though no problems offline :2thumb:

Oh great skin btw if i didn't mention it sooner :D

Kirin[SC]

恐いハチミツボイ
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville NC
www.saphiria.net
Here's a quick-fix for the skin. It's basically a modified UPL file with a different Name. Just save this over the old version and it should work like a charm. The bot's new name is Project_Janus.

Attachments

• SaphiriaPlayers_ProjectJanus.upl.zip
    705 bytes · Views: 10