High Dynamic Range Lighting

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Yeah its old, but still there are folks who havent played the demo yet. Runs well on a gf3 card too. HL2 was supposed to support it. I dont know what became of that.

I'm sure it really kills the gpu if you do anything more than just a simple scene like in the demo.

bobtheking

Monkey in a bucket
Dec 1, 2001
dx*dp >= h/4pi
Visit site
OO7MIKE said:
I'm sure it really kills the gpu if you do anything more than just a simple scene like in the demo.
it just burns up a lot of fillrate + video memory, because each color component of a pixel or texel is a 16 bit or 32 bit floating point value.

Last edited:

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Burnout 3 on the xbox had hdr lighting, well, not 100% certain if it was true hdr lighting but it certainly had light blooms and some sort of afterburn type effect. I've been waiting a long time to play something on the pc with hdr lighting though :)