terrain tools don't always work

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SubCog

Sep 27, 2003
Hey, how come I can't get all my terrain tools to work? Painting works consistently, but I can hardly ever get smoothing to work, and I've never gotten visibility to work. Any ideas?

laxmidi89

Feb 18, 2005
When you are using the terrain tools, for them all to work properly, the terrain you are editing must be selected. This goes for layers and decolayers as well.

--** <(oo<) **--

SubCog

Sep 27, 2003
oh duh.

I figured it out.

the tutorial I watched mentioned that to use the paint tool you have to make sure that you don't have a layer selected, otherwise you'll just paint the texture instead of the actual heightmap. So I'd been just selecting an empty layer whenever I wanna edit the height map. This works fine for the paint tool, but its not enough for the others.

For the other tools, you actually have to go back to the terrain tab and select the terrain again... even though it seems like you've already got it selected.