Advent Rising's Audio Stars

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Majesco is trotting out the talent for their upcoming Unreal Engine game Advent Rising, according to Gamespy Xbox. Emmy award winner Mark Watters (Aladdin and the King of Thieves, Tom
Sawyer) conducts a 70 piece orchestra while Armin Steiner (Seabiscuit, The Matrix) handles the remix and recording chores. Well-known gamer/composer Tommy Tallarico (MDK, The Bard'sTale) and Charlotte Martin ("Bring on the Day" from Sweet Home Alabama) contribute as well. (Thanks Sir_Brizz)

Ken Gold, vice president of Marketing for Majesco had this to say:

Creating a powerful soundtrack was a key component to evoking a higher level of player emotion and allowing the player to feel completely immersed in the Advent universe while playing the game.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I've seen some footage and interviews of this game on G4:TTV and I have to say that it really looked like there were some cool gameplay ideas going on. This one is planned as part of a trilogy, with parts of the game's first installment effecting what happens in the last.

This one could be a real sleeper hit.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
yah this game looks to rock. If anyone was questioning it, Orson Scott Card is writing the story, and with this group of Audio stars, we can plan on this game possibly being one of the biggest single player experiences ever.

One of my friends went to e3 last year (I couldn't make it) and he said that Advent Rising was possibly the most polished single player game he had ever played (almost a year from release). This coming from someone that didn't particularly like the experience they got from Half-Life 1 or 2 or Unreal 1 or 2.

As a side note, the GlyphX main division is located in Utah, a trip I wouldn't mind making if an admin from this site were to arrange something :)

Last edited by a moderator: