3DIGNSpy - The Conglomerate Grows

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
According to a press release at Yahoo! Finance, the IGNSpy empire continues to grow and has acquired 3D Gamers, one of the longest running gaming news and free download sites. (Thanks, Blue's)

PointlesS

Mar 26, 2000
Visit site
crap...that was the only good and free site that had a great collection of demos and videos...not to mention their ads were unobtrusive and out of the way...hopefully this won't change...unlike when they bought voodooextreme and made them tone down the language and broke the website on a few occassions

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
NOOOOOO!!!!!

It's always such a pleasure to download patches and stuff from 3D Gamers as opposed to FilePlanet... :(

I guess their 'Over 280 Gigabytes of Gaming Goodness' will be incorporated into VilePlanet pretty soon then where I have to wait in a que for an hour to get a 3MB patch or file.

mackey

Cometh the apocalypse.
Aug 27, 2004
England
www.fpscentral.com
I guess when your Gamespy, the best way to be competitive in the market place is to buy all your rivals. This way you can remove their appealing features (no download ques or fees) and draw the majority to your primary site, gamespy.com.

Suck0rz bigtime. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Yeah, how dare these damn businesses want to be the only game in town.

:rolleyes: