Destructible Objects in UT2004

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Froboi

Jan 27, 2005
I was just wondering if there was anyway to make things destructible. Like pillars and benches and I was also wondering how to create a glass window.

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
Do a search on the Unreal Wiki for "glass", you can't miss it. In general do that first before asking here, it saves time.

I'm not sure exactly how to make things destructible without coding, although it may be possible.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Mover glass is going to kill framerates.

There's some destructible things in ONS-Urban. Try and use those as an example.

sweeny

stick that in you phife and smoke it!!!
Nov 29, 2002
Leeds, UK
Visit site
Turns2Ashes said:
Mover glass is going to kill framerates.

There's some destructible things in ONS-Urban. Try and use those as an example.

actualy it dosent realy kill frame rate atall, al it is is a mover moveing out of the way and spawning an emitter effect so as long as the emitter dosent need to spawn 10000 shards of glass it sould be fine

the destructible things in ONS-Urban are actualy kinda fidaly to set up as you need to add your own emitters correctly set up into a .u file. the way it works is by useing a destroyable static mesh that will then spawn a mesh emitter effect that uses meshes from the orriganul mesh so if you dont know how to use code\set up .u ifiles its quite hard unless you want to use an already existing emitter effect.