The thread of small maps

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I've been thinking of assembling a map pack of a few of the best small maps out there. When I say small, I mean a small download size (< 800-900 K) that can be downloaded quickly off a server.

I'll post a few maps tonight and hope to see some suggestions pop up from other users on this forum. I don't know what the size limit is for attachments but perhaps it would be possible to attach some zip archives of maps here :) .

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
Any maps that use all origional textures from the game would load prety fast.
If you have server redirect enabled on your server Downloads are lightning fast. That is a better alternative then trying to keep only small maps on there. because even a small map would still take a realy long time to download on a "non-redirect" server and people dont want to wait for it. Before I enabled redirect people wouldnt even wait for a skin to download before they left and went somewhere else to play.
As far as small maps: I have found the 1 on 1 maps to be Highly enjoyable! But they have their own textures. Check them out I believe they are DM-ORM maps? They are top notch.