PDA

View Full Version : other mods

JamesBong
20th Jan 2005, 09:00 PM
so what other mods do you guys have and enjoy? that unreal tournament revolution is definately on my list of things to checkout. that duffers golf looks interesting. i had infiltration mod for ut on my old system and lost it all... it was really cool (looks like going to half-life engine though) and i had jailbreak. im not very good at ut2k movements, and the weapons (damage) ......uggghhh :eek: so i hope that ut revolution is on par. others worth a look?

$n][pErMan
20th Jan 2005, 10:19 PM
All i play as far as UT2004 goes is ONS.. Assault.. IG CTF.. and Unwheel. I have no desire to play any others... im waiting on half-life 2 mods now :D

JACK SH!T
20th Jan 2005, 10:40 PM
Duffers is cool, but when I downloaded it, there were only 3 hole to play. I think they stopped developing it. Too bad, seems to me like it could turn into a good golf game. I've been meaning to d/l RO, but I never seem to get around to it. From what I hear, It's a pretty cool mod. Did well in the MSUC, I think the finnal round. One of the guys that does the scrippting for RO joins us on UW every now and then. Seems like a nice enough guy.
I also play ONS, AS, and CTF. ONS mostly for default 2k4 games.

jerdaygo
20th Jan 2005, 11:01 PM
yes RO (Red Orchestra) is very good, they won 1st place in the FPS Category in phase 2,3 and 4 of the MSUC, I think the best place to check the best mods is on the MSUC page, unless you have time to sort out and try hundreds of mods, here is the URL for FPS mods http://www.unrealtournament.com/ut2003/ct_phase4/ct_fps.php
and here is the list of NON-FPS http://www.unrealtournament.com/ut2003/ct_phase4/ct_nonfps.php
as for standard gametypes my favs are Assult and CTF/VehicleCTF

Shrimp
21st Jan 2005, 01:34 AM
I like to try out as many mods as possible. I've probably played 90% of all MSU entries. Frag-Ops was probably my favourite so far. Only reason I don't carry on playing them beyond a few days is because there are no servers for any mods in South Africa. We barely have enough UT2004 servers, so can't use them up with mods that most players will never use :(.

In general, I play ONS or CTF online every single evening :).

ProjectX
21st Jan 2005, 02:33 AM
Anomaly was cool, had a single player (with pretty good AI too) but it was a tad monotonous after a while.

Chaos UT came only second place for insanity, I'm sorry but Unreal 4 Ever has beaten you. Teh Nuke Dolly of d00m!

Jailbreak, amazing

Angel Mapper's Tamearia Alpha Demo

Duffers Golf- meh, a gold game

Deathball (in my UT2K3 days, it got too much hype for me though, too many updates with pitifully small amounts of changes)

I don't think i've played many others

FrostyCoolSlug
21st Jan 2005, 01:53 PM
Jailbreak is fantastic.. no really.. that sums it up.
Deathball was fun.. for a while.. then it went n00b friendly, cool features appear.. then by the next release they disappear again for no apparent reason..
Duffers Golf is.. err.. weird.. I'm not really a golf fan, but its certainly an interesting use of the UT engine!

Its a shame the HL2 SDK isnt as easy as UScript, otherwise we would be seeing some amazing mods, in fact.. the HL2 SDK blowz, i've been trying to use it, but everything is kinda ripped into 20billion pieces, and 19billion of them arnt actually needed :/ But still, i'm sure some good mods will come from it eventually :p

ProjectX
22nd Jan 2005, 04:16 AM
That HLRacer's fun. Hovercraft racing!

JamesBong
22nd Jan 2005, 10:09 AM
thanks for all the insights. that red orcestra (RO) looks cool.... might get the new jailbreak as well and redownload infiltration for UT.
see you guys on the track(s)..... :)