I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!!!! READ THIS

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

icemanex

Sep 20, 2004
I HAVE HAD ALL I CAN TAKE FROM VALVE'S PRGRAM CALLED STEAM, I BVROUGHT HALF LIFE TWO AND IVE ONLY SUCCESSFULLY STARTED HALF LIFE 2 ONCE
NOW STEAM IS DETERMINED TO "VALIDATE" MY GAME AND THE SERVERS ARE "TOO BUSY TO HANDLE MY REQUEST" I CANT EVEN PLAY SINGLE PLAYER WITHOUT IT "VALIDATING" FILES
I CANT PLAY MY 40 POUND GAME AT ALL NOW
ANYONE WHO HATES "STEAM" VENT THIER ANGER HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: HAVE A GO AT ME FOR SMILEY SPAM AND I WILL EXPLODE!!!! :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
angst++

seriously, just chill. I had to wait a few hours before mine was validated. It's really no big deal at all. A lot of people use Steam. I'm no full steam supporter (offline play via steam = stupid) but it is a decent system...when it works.

oh and I'm not going to "go at you for smiley spam" I'll just remove a few :)

T-1

DFGHIDFJ
Jun 9, 2004
**** STEAM.
I DONT HAVE INTERNET ACCESS ON MY GAMING PC SO I CANT PLAY HL2. **** STEAM UP THE ASS.

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
You do have to wonder what stupid idiot came up with the idea of online copy registration. They lose out on customers (I thought money was all that the publishers cared about?) because people aren't going to shell out for an internet connection just to play their game.

8mm_BuLLEt

I will rule the world!
Nov 3, 2003
South-south-west england
Visit site
DAMN YOU STEAM AND YOUR "OOH LOOK I WON'T LET YOU PLAY YOUR £50 GAME BECAUSE I DON'T FEEL LIKE LETTING YOU". DAMNIT, DAMNIT, DAMNIT, IT TOOK A WEEK FOR ME AND MY BROTHER TO GET YOU WORKING! AND THEN YOU ALMOST DELETED YOURSELF BY TRYING TO REINSTALL THE ORIGINAL HALF LIFE! ANGST ANGST ANG...st... *pfffftssssssss*

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Heh.. I have had not a single at all with Steam.

Installed, registered, activated, played ..straight away.! :D

Ghost3021

Registered Hobbit
Nov 21, 2004
Behind you.
GRRRR I WANTED TO PLAY MY HL2 TODAY BUT THE SERVERS HAVE BEEN BUSY FOR TEH PAST WEEK GRRRR:rant::mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant:
GGRREJAGAJDKSGJADSGF I HATE STEAM!!!!:mad::rant:

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
T-1 said:
**** STEAM.
I DONT HAVE INTERNET ACCESS ON MY GAMING PC SO I CANT PLAY HL2. **** STEAM UP THE ASS.
This is what I feared when I first caught wind of the online activation for HL2 sp
Parser said:
They lose out on customers because people aren't going to shell out for an internet connection just to play their game.
Also, the online activiation didn't stop hackers in any way. One of my friends had a hacked copy of HL2/Steam that didn't need activation.

No, it isn't me, my system would choke on HL2 regardless

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
Valve is just weird. At any rate, The German Govt. stated that the HL2 EULA is illegal and that if valve wants to sell it in germany, it cannot require activation with steam.

Interesting little bit :)

Ghost3021

Registered Hobbit
Nov 21, 2004
Behind you.
teh US should do teh same. i am very pissed bout gheyware being on my comp in order to play hl2. though i do agree its the "best game ever", the steam bs needs to go BYBY! :)