PDA

View Full Version : Big fun on Starlight server...

$n][pErMan
18th Jan 2005, 11:53 PM
There was 6 of us racing tonight on my server for a good 2 hours or so. Here is a pic of our lineup before another close race! :) 3 of the people I had never seen before so im glad to see things picking up. Hopefully everyone can make my saturday burnout (posted in another thread)!! Was a lot of fun tonight... GG's to all who were there.

http://s100567445.oneandoneshop.com/race.jpeg

Shrimp
19th Jan 2005, 12:26 AM
w00t, all this UnWheeling is great to see ;).

Must be the Burnout announcment and the modDB award, getting people more aware of UnWheel :).

$n][pErMan
19th Jan 2005, 12:37 AM
^ ya .. maybe :) My saturday night burnout was a hit (like the teams offical sunday one) for a 6 hour notice ahead of time. Waiting to see how many more show this saturday... if a lot show and a good amount of people are racing on the weekdays like tonight... I might make a second burnout on my server in the middle of the week for people who need the mid-week relaxation! :D Although I would like to have it where there are always people in the server ;)

jerdaygo
19th Jan 2005, 08:45 AM
I think one problem is that the servers only show in the gametype they are running, hey shrimp when/if you change the code over to a -mod how is the net going to work, like it is now or will there just be UnWheel servers in the server list, I believe that might be good, I think people may not notice servers if they have to look through 8 gametypes :p, Just an Idea ;)

ProjectX
19th Jan 2005, 10:29 AM
I think one problem is that the servers only show in the gametype they are running, hey shrimp when/if you change the code over to a -mod how is the net going to work, like it is now or will there just be UnWheel servers in the server list, I believe that might be good, I think people may not notice servers if they have to look through 8 gametypes :p, Just an Idea ;)

Perhaps an option to search like that. cos if we start gettingt onnes of servers people might want to look at individual gametypes

JamesBong
19th Jan 2005, 11:05 AM
great fun last night :D gg's (man i love that accelerator buggy)

--------------------------------
ot: i seem to be experiencing some lag playing this game on the various servers,
anyone else? Sniperman you said your in oHIo as well? where abouts? i'm on cable connection. think my netspeed value is at 10000. any settings or .ini tweaks i could look into?

$n][pErMan
19th Jan 2005, 11:07 AM
^Haha .. so i noticed. I wish I could remember the kids name who kept using the POS car... he was really good with it and would always T-Bone me in rabbit ... lol. :)

JamesBong
19th Jan 2005, 11:14 AM
where in ohio are you? im in canton

well i actually have to do some work now (im at work) so maybe see ya tonight/tomorrw

$n][pErMan
19th Jan 2005, 11:44 AM
^Columbus. Back to classes for me! I'll probably be racing again later tonight shorty after ALIAS. Hope to see a lot of people again! :D

JACK SH!T
19th Jan 2005, 07:49 PM
8:45 pm, getting ready to go race now ;)
Ya'll should add a "Burn Out" announcement to the server itself. I'm sure you seen where you can add a message of the day while setting up the server.

$n][pErMan
19th Jan 2005, 09:06 PM
^ Thats a good idea.... I think I will do that the next time I restart the server :) BTW... if anyone cares... I should be in the server around 10:45pm ish EST.

JACK SH!T
19th Jan 2005, 09:13 PM
8:45 pm, getting ready to go race now ;)
Ya'll should add a "Burn Out" announcement to the server itself. I'm sure you seen where you can add a message of the day while setting up the server.
Just came from the server....Had problems with the new map. I'm running an older Nivida G4-420. On the new map everthing was all messed up, and had to restart 2k4. Hard to explain it, but I think I have a few screen shots of it. I'll look and if I got them, I'll post them.....

*EDIT*
Damn bots kept flipping me over by spawning on me all the time :mad: :D
I'll see you there in a few, are you going to reset the server before you join?

I'm going to see if there is a new driver for my fx card, then I'll be right there.

$n][pErMan
19th Jan 2005, 10:35 PM
^ Ya I reset the server. I acctually reset it every other day now to keep the gameplay smooth for everyone. :D *And I think i missed you as I did not see you on the server when I joined up*

BlueDestiny
19th Jan 2005, 10:36 PM
oh man that was a fun game sniper. BTW it was me in the POS car ;) . that thing is actually really fun to use, its just kinda slow. I was also the guy who kept using the bike and sidecar

$n][pErMan
22nd Jan 2005, 12:12 AM
*bump* just a reminder to all of the times. Been some very great races all week in the server and im glad to see that! :D Unless something bad happens... my server ... same time! Also, as I stated in another thread... I will be rebooting the server just before the burnout so everyone has 100% smooth gameplay .. and if you dont.. its you! :p