Intra-clan 3v3 Tourney

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
This tourney will be for TAZ, BC, Dev, Mav, DP, and Hawk. The 3v3 tourney will be different from the 2v2 in many ways, the first being that everyone invovled will play in every match. Since playing the same maps every time would be boring, you guys will be voting each map at match time, but I will make it more interesting (and probably harder than you want it) by reducing your map choices. You also will vote for the maplist now, each person getting four votes. Three votes are a "for" vote, and one vote "against". I plan on taking the most popular 10 or 12, and then letting you guys play from that maplist. I also want a vote on how often a single map can be played: once a match; once every other match; or once every three matches. For reference, there will be a total of 10 matches played in the 3v3 tourney, with the normal match being two maps with a third for a tie-breaker.

Send me your votes like this:
"For":
CTF-LGI-Crater
CTF-[HIC]-WorldPokerTour
CTF-BuA-Sapropel
"Against"
CTF-Accelerate
How often: Once every two matches

PM me, email me, or just post in this thread. After everyone has voted, I should have a webpage up for the 3v3 tourney within a couple days, and then you guys can get started.

Maplist:
CTF-(CrudE)_UTBeta3
CTF-(Vp)Hit'N'RunSE
CTF-)AO(BarnBurner2K4|337
CTF-)AO(-Stronghold
CTF-1on1-Maelstrom
CTF-1on1-TDC
CTF-[HIC]-SiDeWiNdEr2k4
CTF-[HIC]-WorldPokerTour
CTF-Accelerate
CTF-Apophis
CTF-ArenaJam1_1
CTF-BuA-{2v2}Collesium
CTF-BuA-{2v2}SunBladeArena
CTF-BuA-{2v2}WootiPoo
CTF-BuA-Amorphous
CTF-BuA-Darkside
CTF-BuA-Occult
CTF-BuA-Sapropel
CTF-BuA-Starburner
CTF-BuA-Thornz{v3}
CTF-DA_PiT V2
CTF-DABarn
CTF-DAFragArena+
CTF-Dawgpound
CTF-FaceClassic
CTF-FP-DuelingKeeps
CTF-gritwind
CTF-HOGsBarnyardz2K4
CTF-LGI-Below
CTF-LGI-Crater
CTF-LGI-Duality(Lite)
CTF-LGI-London
CTF-LGI-OldWest
CTF-LGI-Oppidan
CTF-LGI-StaleMate
CTF-LGI-Survivor
CTF-LGI-Tubular
CTF-Maul
CTF-MOK-Madness_2K4
CTF-Mythos_SE3
CTF-ROMAN-ARENA
CTF-RomraMoonStationLGI99
CTF-Roundabout
CTF-Stadium2K4
CTF-Templus2k4
CTF-ThermalPlayGround-IG
CTF-Thorns2K4LGI
CTF-ThornsV2_2K4

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
Just to make sure, I have an option there to vote on how often you can play any one map during the tourney. No one actually has to vote on that one, but it will be majority rules.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Here MAV, this is what Steel wants.

"For":
CTF-DA_PiT V2
CTF-ThornsV2_2K4
CTF-Accelerate
"Against"
CTF-Stadium2K4
How often: Once every three matches (Should keep things interesting)

NOTE: This Tourney will be played Fri-Sun Nites ***We miss ya DEV! ;) ***.. If need be plan to play late.. Thats if MAV gets permission to stay up late. :lol:

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
/me smacks Mav upside the head for being the hall monitor in the 2v2 thread but then not following the guidelines set up for the tourney he's actually in. Follow TAZ's example and vote! Thanks, TAZ.

And that's one vote for playing a specific map no more than once every three matches. No other votes made.

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
Thanks, BC, yeah, you did it right.

Mav, I guess I can imagine you four years ago as one of those guys counting the ballots in your state. But there will be no "hanging chads" here, please. Make your vote, Mav, or we'll never get started.

Dev and Mav are the only ones who haven't voted.

Devastator

What are YOU looking at?
Apr 8, 2003
North
bua.beyondunreal.com
For:
LGI-Crater
Accelerate
Thorns V2

Against:
Maul
How often: 1 out of 3 matches

BTW, try not to start it this Saturday. Going to play paintpall and I might go out later that night.

Last edited:

MaverickEIG

Dec 29, 2004
fyi i won't be here the weekend after next. i pick up my moto that day :D

"FOR":CTF-Thorns_V2K4,CTF-Stadium2k4,CTF-Accelerate
"Against":CTF-Maul

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
«BuA»Devastator said:
For:
LGI-Crater
Accelerate
Thorns V2

Against:
Maul
How often: 1 out of 3 matches

BTW, try not to start it this Saturday. Going to play paintpall and I might go out later that night.

Paintball in the Snow!! Damn that sounds like a nice cold time..

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
OK, I have a schedule and a short maplist for the 3v3 tourney. This is so you guys can start this weekend, even though I don't have anything else posted.

The schedule is nothing fancy, BC is the one seed, which is why he's always on the left.

Schedule:
1. BC & TAZ & Dev Vs Mav & DP & Hawk (I ordered the matches semi-randomly, so this is coinicidence of old vs new)
2. BC & Mav & TAZ Vs Dev & DP & Hawk
3. BC & Dev & DP Vs Mav & TAZ & Hawk
4. BC & Mav & Dev Vs TAZ & DP & Hawk
5. BC & TAZ & DP Vs Mav & Dev & Hawk
6. BC & Dev & Hawk Vs Mav & TAZ & DP
7. BC & Mav & DP Vs TAZ & Dev & Hawk
8. BC & TAZ & Hawk Vs Mav & Dev & DP
9. BC & Mav & Hawk Vs TAZ & Dev & DP
10. BC & DP & Hawk Vs Mav & TAZ & Dev

If anyone notices an error in the schedule (someone listed twice for same match, or the same match listed twice), just let me know.

Current map list:
CTF-(Vp)Hit'N'RunSE
CTF-Accelerate
CTF-DA-PiT V2
CTF-LGI-Crator
CTF-ThornsV2_2K4

These are the maps that had a positive vote count. I plan on picking four more myself, but this is enough to get you started. In fact, I'll go ahead and add two: CTF-(CrudE)_UTBeta3 and CTF-Dawgpound. I'll go through the other maps tonight and pick two more. I'll post the complete list later.

Shattered_Steel

Birthed of Destruction
Mar 9, 2002
Kettering, OH
Final maplist for the 2v2 tourney:
Map Selections:
CTF-(Vp)Hit'N'RunSE
CTF-Accelerate
CTF-DA_PiT V2
CTF-LGI-Crater
CTF-ThornsV2_2K4
Admin map selections:
CTF-(CrudE)_UTBeta3
CTF-Dawgpound
CTF-)AO(-Stronghold
CTF-gritwind

If you don't like them, then don't vote for them when you play! (Of course, that doesn't mean others won't vote for them ;) )

No single map can be played more than once in every three matches, and no more than four times in the entire tournament. If no tie-breakers are played, there will be a total of 20 maps choices, which means at least 6 maps will be played (two 4 times each, four 3 times each).

Have you guys played any matches yet? Let me know by posting a link to the stats for that game. Oh, and server settings:
LGI 135 speed 3v3 CTF (136 speed is also acceptable)
Air Control .35
Instagib (Head-shot mutator is acceptable)
Low Gravity
No Team-Boost or Jump-Boost
No Adrenaline
No Translocator
Click when ready
Forced spawn is on
Spawn protection 1 second
Max players = 6
Max spectators = 6
Cap Limit = 10
Time Limit = 20
Stats turned on for tracking purposes