Price Check!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Papos-x

He's the sweetest. Just never cross his path.
Jun 25, 2001
Somewhere
Visit site
My mom's friend found these really old weapons in her basement from the previous owners of the house. If anyone can help me find out what kind of guns and swords these are it would be very helpful. I have the pictures on my computer and if you think you can help drop me an e-mail thatwasterrific@aol.com thanks..

Papos-x

He's the sweetest. Just never cross his path.
Jun 25, 2001
Somewhere
Visit site
4pic.bmp

Heres some of the resized pictures. I have tons more. The shorter gun also has a cross etched out on the stock. I don't know if that means anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
i'm guessing civil war era stuff, but i'm far from an expert on such things. maybe some close ups on any markings or text would be helpfull.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
The top one is a Springfield 1873 aka "Trapdoor Springfield" here's some info http://www.trapdoorcollector.com

The bottom one looks like a Remington "Rolling Block" carbine of some sort.

As for values, I'd have to know more about them (any marks or numbers, condition of the bore etc) before I could estimate a value.

Both of these guns are post Civil War if original. Remington still builds Rolling Block rifles and pistols and there are a few companies who still make Trapdoor Springfields.

To get a more authoritative answer, I posted the pic of the rifles here http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=1474878

Last edited:

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
What are the serial numbers and/or other markings ... according to one of the guys over on the High Road, the Springfield looks to be an early model ... with the serial number we should be able to determine a production date.

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
From my knowledge of sabers, that saber dates around Civil War to post Civil War. I'm afraid I don't know enough to narrow it any further. You should be able to pick up more useful commentary on swordforum. Worst happens, there's always Antiques Roadshow.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Keep in mind that if both of those rifles are originals, they are worth anywhere from $500 - $1500 each (based on what I can tell from the condition in the photos, I doubt they are worth the top end of that scale, but I could be wrong).

Why don't I ever find **** like that?

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Cause zundy, you already dug up your basement and all you found was those stupid 'missing link' huiman-like bones that no one cares about. Good thing they exploded easy in target practice, eh? :D