PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION: Saturday Night Burnout #2 EST Time zones

$n][pErMan
15th Jan 2005, 02:37 PM
I was just wondering if you would all also be interested in a 2nd burnout time thats in my server on saturday nights around 11:30 pm EST till everyone falls asleep at thier desk! (nice and late and would allow decent times for west coast people too.) This would give more times for people to join in the burnout and would also allow a greater chance of new people seeing an active server during what is ussually a heavy load of players at a time during the weekend. Its the middle of winter... so not as many people are out drinking or whatever and are just chillin at home so it seems like a decent time to host one. Let me know if your up for it.... I plan to be there tonight! :)
Incase your new and are not fimiliar with my server... here is the info once again:
"Starlight Computers LLC. UnWheel MSU Arena" IP=204.210.235.119:7777

$n][pErMan
15th Jan 2005, 10:13 PM
Welp .. im heading in there now.... already some people in the server. Hope to see many of you guys there! :D

JACK SH!T
16th Jan 2005, 12:54 AM
[pErMan']Welp .. im heading in there now.... already some people in the server. Hope to see many of you guys there! :D
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......... :(
I logged on to your server about that time, but was the only one there.....It's 1:45AM now (EST). I like the idea of the Sat. late race :) works better for me.
I might login after the games are ove tommorow too. might be there before the game too ;) :D
I must have just missed ya'll tonight.....Oh well. I'm still trying to get 2k4 & UW to run right on Linux
*JACK SH!T bangs head against wall repeatedly, then get a drink...*

Hey shrimp. what's the Linux command for uwmsu? I can't find it. Do I need to drag and drop everything? :eek: I downloaded the "zip" version.

$n][pErMan
16th Jan 2005, 02:07 AM
^ We were in my server from about 11:20pm - 1:30pm EST. We played almost every game type .. was a lot of fun! :D Sorry you missed it :(

ProjectX
16th Jan 2005, 03:46 AM
I won't be able to mnke those timnes sadly (that's like 4AM for me) but there's always the sunday night ones.

JamesBong
17th Jan 2005, 08:53 AM
dang...missed your post. this works for me....'especailly since we're both in oHIo. i get a lot of lag on the offical server :(
look for ya next Sat.

$n][pErMan
17th Jan 2005, 12:59 PM
^ hopefully I will see you playing there before then!! Im ussually on it in the evenings or nights depending on my class load for the day :)

JamesBong
17th Jan 2005, 02:52 PM
i'll check it out sometime this week....i think its already in the favs tab ;)

JACK SH!T
17th Jan 2005, 08:43 PM
Hey $n][pErMan, I just came from your server. No, didn't get kicked again :lol: I was the only one there, racing the bots. Got to thinking, the bots are kindda' in the way.... They work fine on KOTH, CTF & Rabbit, but in everyother mod all they do is spawn on top of me, and clog up the track. Think you can cut them back to just 1?

$n][pErMan
18th Jan 2005, 01:11 AM
They work fine on KOTH, CTF & Rabbit, but in everyother mod all they do is spawn on top of me, and clog up the track. Think you can cut them back to just 1?
Ya... I'll cut the number back if everyone wishes... but id much rather keep them at 3 on KOTH, CTF & Rabbit but then be able to take them off totally on the modes they dont work on. Anyone have any clue how to do this or if its even possible? Im sure if it is its a simple thing in admin mod but before I dick around with my settings I wanna make sure it can be done! :)

JamesBong
18th Jan 2005, 01:01 PM
funny...i was in there last night too, by myself. ran a few tracks, started getting laggy (stuttery), then it must have reset itself, as i was booted/disconnected on a level load. i didnt see anyone in any servrs last night :( so i offlined for a bit

catch up to ya later........... JeeP

$n][pErMan
18th Jan 2005, 06:13 PM
^ what time. I was on the machine last night downloading package updates for the fedora 2 core so that would most definetly cause it to stutter a bit :p Although I have noticed I have to restart the server every few days or else people start to report stuttering when playing. Must be some sort of memory leak or a bad map thats voted and I have not taken off messing it up.

JamesBong
18th Jan 2005, 07:58 PM
prolly around 10-10:30

jerdaygo
22nd Jan 2005, 10:22 AM
Im going to try to make the burnout tonight, i hope there will be enough slots ;) because if you had 8 out of 8 on a non burnout, hmm, ;)

$n][pErMan
22nd Jan 2005, 01:10 PM
^ Ya ... after watching all this week I have a feeling finding a spot in the server is going to be tough ;) So get there early... and I also have slots for spectators so if you can't get in .. at least you can watch untill someone leaves!! I could also try increasing the slots to 10... or even 12 for the time being if its completely full or maybe I will do this before hand just for the burnout night. :D

jerdaygo
22nd Jan 2005, 02:07 PM
well if all else fails we can spill over into mine as well ;)

jerdaygo
22nd Jan 2005, 10:23 PM
Anyone playing tonight????

$n][pErMan
23rd Jan 2005, 01:06 AM
For those of you who either missed the burnout or could not get in cause the server was full.... here is a pic of some of the fun we had this weekend! :D 8 People for about an hour.... then a solid 6 -7 for another hour after that.. then about 5 of us played till around 2:15am :)

http://s100567445.oneandoneshop.com/uw.jpg

jerdaygo
23rd Jan 2005, 08:25 AM
right on :D

ProjectX
23rd Jan 2005, 08:30 AM
see my comments in the thread I just made, by the name of "wow"

JamesBong
23rd Jan 2005, 10:58 AM
good times be had by all last night... wooot

2:15? :eek: damn.... knew i shoulda made some coffee...heh ;)

$n][pErMan
29th Jan 2005, 01:25 PM
Dont forget... another great run for tonight!!!! Be there and join the action!!! :-D

$n][pErMan
30th Jan 2005, 12:40 AM
Another great burnout was tonight! :D For some time the server was completely full with 8 people (for about an hour acctually). We played some Team KBall which was a blast with 4 vs 4. We also played some Team CTF for a change too. As always the races were great. Ihad some pics... but my computer was a **** in the middle and locked up and apperently the pics went with it :( GG's though!!! ;)

Shrimp
1st Feb 2005, 12:46 AM
Wow, really imressive :D

This is so cool :D

$n][pErMan
5th Feb 2005, 01:29 PM
*bump* Just a reminder for some new people I told to check out these forums. Burnout tonight on my server at the times listed!! As always spots are limited to 8 (for best play) and 2 spectators (so you can watch as you wait). Generally once its full it is for a good 30 minutes before someone leaves so get there early if you really wanna join up in our matches! :D I will be giving the server a full system reboot before the burnout for the smoothest possible gameplay! :)

$n][pErMan
12th Feb 2005, 02:26 PM
*bump* Just a reminder for the new guys and old alike!! These burnout nights have been a huge hit ... look foward to another badass night of racing! :D Remember... my server saturdays .. jerdaygos on sudays for the respective burnouts. Good times!

$n][pErMan
26th Feb 2005, 12:56 AM
Last 2 burnouts have been kind of sparse!! :( I hope too see the full server again we had for so many weeks. I know everyone cant always come (I cant half the time either)... but I hope to start seeing the great races we had once again. Had a good amount of people tonight... hopefull everyone tonight and even more can show up for the burnout! :)

JACK SH!T
26th Feb 2005, 02:05 PM
[pErMan']Last 2 burnouts have been kind of sparse!! :( I hope too see the full server again we had for so many weeks. I know everyone cant always come (I cant half the time either)... but I hope to start seeing the great races we had once again. Had a good amount of people tonight... hopefull everyone tonight and even more can show up for the burnout! :)
not sure if I'll make it, might have band practice tonight.... :rolleyes:

$n][pErMan
26th Feb 2005, 02:09 PM
Its cool :) I'll most likely be there... I still have a part of this stupid flu... and dont really feel like going out to drink tonight.

$n][pErMan
19th Mar 2005, 01:32 AM
*bump*. I told some people in the server tonight about the burnout and told them to check out this thread :) Hoping to get the burnout rocking full server once again!! :D

stevenhorton
19th Mar 2005, 06:36 AM
Great, I should make the first hour:)

$n][pErMan
26th Mar 2005, 01:44 PM
The burnout will still be on for tonight.... so dont be fooled when you cant find the server this afternoon. Im going to be doing some kernel and package updating and whatnot so I will have to take the server offline while I do most of that stuff (otherwise it would just lag to hell anyway). Should be back up well before the burnout :) Hope to see you all there! :D

$n][pErMan
27th Mar 2005, 01:23 AM
Tonight was by far one of the best burnout of all time. For 3 stright hours the server was COMPLETELY PACKED!!! :D :D And for an hour before and after it was also quite active. Mostly new faces too!!! Great games guys ... lets keep it rockin!!! ;) BTW... here is a pic I took and made smaller so you all can see it this time! :) GG!!!

http://www.s100567445.oneandoneshop.com/uwburnsmall.jpg

bobnine
28th Mar 2005, 01:04 AM
Trying to figure out what time this burnout is on makes my brain hurt,I live in New Zealand,which aparently has a time zone of GMT +12,so,how do I figure out what time it is?

jerdaygo
28th Mar 2005, 07:17 AM
Trying to figure out what time this burnout is on makes my brain hurt,I live in New Zealand,which aparently has a time zone of GMT +12,so,how do I figure out what time it is?
I think this burnout would be like 4:30am sunday your time, correct me if Im wrong ;)
there is also another burnout, but it would be on monday for youat like 9am

JACK SH!T
28th Mar 2005, 01:17 PM
GG's all, had a blast. Hey $n][pErMan, what aimbot are you useing now? :lol: :D

$n][pErMan
28th Mar 2005, 01:21 PM
GG's all, had a blast. Hey $n][pErMan, what aimbot are you useing now? :lol: :D
Hahahaha ,... aimbot 6.0a ... it comes with a free trial of AOL . .lol

SciJo
28th Mar 2005, 08:56 PM
The burnout owned! I hope to be there at the next one.

Here's a pic from the last burnout.

http://img225.exs.cx/img225/5052/burnout0fr.png

$n][pErMan
15th May 2005, 01:40 AM
Here is a cool pic I took durring the burnout tonight (May 14th/15th) :D Jeep was really giving my "Aimbot" a run for its money tonight .. hehe ;) Hope to see more people keep coming to these things. Neo-Rio was the new face tonight! :)
http://www.s100567445.oneandoneshop.com/uwc.jpg

stevenhorton
15th May 2005, 08:43 AM
You guys start too late at night:( I was on until 10:30, but couldn't get a match with anyone. Very glad people did show though:)

JACK SH!T
15th May 2005, 09:35 PM
You guys start too late at night:( I was on until 10:30, but couldn't get a match with anyone. Very glad people did show though:)
Getting ready to play in a few...10:35 pm Sunday (EST) here now.....

stevenhorton
15th May 2005, 10:21 PM
Sorry Jack, I missed your post:( I haven't been able to set my email up so I am alerted to new mail.

$n][pErMan
5th Jun 2005, 03:24 PM
Another great burnout last night!! :D I think some other people have some pics they took aswell. Here is one I took somtime around 12:30am when thing were really going great. ;)
http://s100567445.oneandoneshop.com/uwb.jpg

ProjectX
5th Jun 2005, 03:30 PM
I just got back from a crowded sunday night burnout (just me and craze, lol)

craze
5th Jun 2005, 04:08 PM
heres a pic from last nights burnout(it didnt stay full for very long tho :rolleyes: )(or maby i have no concept of time)http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=89813

Shrimp
5th Jun 2005, 04:11 PM
I'd love to see some in-game action screenies from these crouded games :).

Shrimp
5th Jun 2005, 04:12 PM
Erm, ask and ye shall receive? (even before you post the request :p)

JACK SH!T
5th Jun 2005, 08:07 PM
hold on, need to convert them to jpg .........brb...........
ok, I'm back.......here's a few shotz from saturday night
I owned ya'll in the POS-Van !!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
Can you name that last pic?

JACK SH!T
5th Jun 2005, 08:22 PM
heres a pic from last nights burnout(it didnt stay full for very long tho :rolleyes: )(or maby i have no concept of time)http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=89813
I'll get you my pretty!!!!And your little dog too!!!! HAAHAHAhahahahahahaaaaa :D

$n][pErMan
5th Jun 2005, 08:43 PM
hold on, need to convert them to jpg .........brb...........
ok, I'm back.......here's a few shotz from saturday night
I owned ya'll in the POS-Van !!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
Can you name that last pic?
Last map = CTF-roots ;) Was a badass burnout last night for sure. Saw about 6 people on this afternooin / evening too. Apperently they made thier own extra burnout :D Glad to see more people playing again :)

Shaltif
5th Jun 2005, 11:08 PM
It's nice that I finally got on when more people were playing. Even on a Sunday evening it looks like there is some action. Glad to race people besides JACK SH!T for once. ;)

Hope to see more people to come.

A crappy image attached, I should have got the names on it :lol:

~Brandon

craze
6th Jun 2005, 05:53 PM
heh :lol:

craze
6th Jun 2005, 09:07 PM
heh :lol:
here, pics from saturday and sunday:Pictures (http://www.craze42.com/pics/)

JACK SH!T
6th Jun 2005, 09:31 PM
here, pics from saturday and sunday:Pictures (http://www.craze42.com/pics/)
OMG!!!!
You really need to get a faster connection to host a ftp server!!!! I tried to d/l all the screenies at once.... :eek: Sorry if I crashed it :lol:

*EDIT*
LOL, Like being on a 56k again :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: What's your upload speed?
You could get a free web site from Geocities (http://geocities.yahoo.com/) and save your bandwith for other stuff, like gaming. Your ISP more than likely has free web space for you as well. I know mine does, but I let my woman use it, just to save face.

craze
7th Jun 2005, 08:40 PM
OMG!!!!
You really need to get a faster connection to host a ftp server!!!! I tried to d/l all the screenies at once.... :eek: Sorry if I crashed it :lol:

*EDIT*
LOL, Like being on a 56k again :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: What's your upload speed?
You could get a free web site from Geocities (http://geocities.yahoo.com/) and save your bandwith for other stuff, like gaming. Your ISP more than likely has free web space for you as well. I know mine does, but I let my woman use it, just to save face.
umm, DSL 90k down, 15k up, and its not a FTP, just a folder...
here:

$n][pErMan
7th Jun 2005, 09:03 PM
When he gets a final version together I can host it for him so you all don't have to wait hours to get it :p In all.. I hope to get my URL Redirect working in the next week or two. I will be doing some major work on the server too in the coming days / week so I will keep you all posted when I start that :)