PDA

View Full Version : JB-LavaGiant-Classic BETA

TheSpoonDog
9th Jan 2005, 06:14 AM
Hey guys,

Had a few spare hours today :)

Download JB-LavaGiant-Classic BETA (http://home.exetel.com.au/spoondog/JB-LavaGiant-Classic-BETA.zip)

I don't expect there to be any major problems as the CTF has been out for quite a long time now. In fact the only reason I call it BETA is because it doesn't have a proper death sequence yet. Played it for a couple of hours and had some good fun.

Anyway feel free to have a play and let me know if you come across any bugs.

ZedMaestro
9th Jan 2005, 08:06 AM
OK:

JumpBoots could be a bit brighter and/or bigger... its hard to see the pickup.
You can just jump off the arena cliffs and run away. Doesnt make a great arena match. I know that arena players can now run freely, but make this a classic map and avoid complications.
The jails, quite simply, arent very good. The minigun turrets shouldnt be there. Why not go for something relatively simple and make the floor drop away, leaving the players falling to the lava. Put the cage on four stilts of some kind (or move it where it was in the original). And make sure that everyone falls :p
Oh, also there was a small HoM in the windows of the blue base as you walked up the ramp around the side of it.

G.Lecter
9th Jan 2005, 12:21 PM
- I agree with all Zed said, especially in removing the minigun turrets. :)
- The lava does not show correctly in some places (Picture down...). agh, My GeForce4MX is not very frienly with UT2004... :rolleyes:

tarquin
9th Jan 2005, 02:48 PM
/me wanders in to do his usual asking for screenshots... :D

57@RDU57
11th Jan 2005, 05:20 PM
The jails, quite simply, arent very good. The minigun turrets shouldnt be there. Why not go for something relatively simple and make the floor drop away, leaving the players falling to the lava.

Or better yet, put a bunch of stakes in that lava so that some (most) are impaled. A proper impalement sequence doesn't gib, btw, but makes optimal use of the ragdoll effects. There should be plenty o' twitching and variable penetration (slide depth). If you know what I mean... ;)

tarquin
15th Jan 2005, 08:13 AM
I played this on my friend's machine.... sweet!
I've got some fantastic screenshots, so let me know when you're releasing this, I'll post news on it.

BTW: the walkway from the jail island meets the terrain in a funny sort of way. You might want to tweak it a bit so it's eithe resting on the terrain or all of it gets embedded.

gunhero
6th Feb 2005, 01:03 AM
hey spoon, i dont know if you know this but you probably do

on all the maps you have published for 03/04 your shock rifle ammo is huge?

i dunno why i find it wierd

TheSpoonDog
6th Feb 2005, 04:51 AM
I do them that way, because that is the way they show online regardless (unless Epic have fixed that in a patch - I haven't checked online for a long time). By default, the shock ammo has its 3D drawscale modified, but online it (last time I checked) seemed to always revert to the large one, then end up being sunk in the ground (was a problem even in a lot of maps that came with the game). So I ended up changing them to fit what they would look like online.

Maybe they've fixed it now, I dunno, I haven't done a map for quite a while now... (well, the last three I have done use weapon lockers instead of ammo :))

Actually, now that I think about it - the shock ammo in my UT2003 maps should be fine... didn't change them, it was only with UT2004 the ammo was scaled...

gunhero
6th Feb 2005, 11:20 AM
Fair enough, i thought it was neat acually as im going to check the online mode for the ammo and i'll report back what i see (if the ammo changes still)

thanks,

ZedMaestro
6th Feb 2005, 12:45 PM
Placing a regular ShockAmmoPickup without rescaling is quite alright in UT2004 maps :)

gunhero
6th Feb 2005, 05:38 PM
alright then, i can confirm that shock rifle ammo is the same both online and offline

you may want to consider this on future mapping ventures :)

TheSpoonDog
7th Feb 2005, 01:44 AM
Placing a regular ShockAmmoPickup without rescaling is quite alright in UT2004 maps
That's nice, must've been fixed then.

gunhero
17th Feb 2005, 04:49 PM
ok, well make your shockcores normal... :d

Funktion
16th Mar 2005, 10:03 AM
TheSpoonDog, any additional updates on the map? This one would be fun to play at the Lockdown... :)

Matthew Leech
20th Mar 2005, 11:49 AM
indeed. i'd like to see this one finished soon aswell