PDA

View Full Version : UTXMP & UT2VOTE Error

Killinya
8th Jan 2005, 11:57 PM
Getting the following error, but It appears to function normally from the user perspective execpt it does not display the votes as players vote, and the Admin Game configuration button(within the admin panel) doesnt work. other than that it works fine...Ive been using it since day 2 of UTXMP public beta.
ScriptLog: Mutators UT2Vote48.UT2VoteX,XMPSmartMines.XMPSmartMines,UTANBanManager100.UTANServerActor,ServerExt.PlayerJoi nLog,ServerExt.MutRSSCentral,ServerLogo4.ServerLogo,AntiTCC118f.AntiTCCServerActor
Error: UT2VoteX XMP-Sirocco.UT2VoteX (Function UT2Vote48.UT2VoteX.GetCurrentGame:023E) Accessed array 'GameType' out of bounds (13/13)
Warning: UT2VoteX XMP-Sirocco.UT2VoteX (Function UT2Vote48.UT2VoteX.GetCurrentGame:023E) Attempt to assign variable through None 'DefaultMap'
Warning: UT2VoteX XMP-Sirocco.UT2VoteX (Function UT2Vote48.UT2VoteX.GetCurrentGame:023E) Attempt to assign variable through None
UT2Vote: 19:48:25 <-------------------- Starting UT2Vote48 -------------------->

links to ut2vote ini and utxmp.ini (passwords removed ofcourse). note: UTXMP uses its own folder structure, but I run UT2VOTE from the UT2004/System folder, while the UTXMP.ini is in the UT2004/UTXMP/System folder.

http://67.19.100.186/UT2Vote48.ini
http://67.19.100.186/UTXMP.ini

ProAsm
9th Jan 2005, 04:54 AM
You have XMPSmartMines.XMPSmartMines in both the Servermuts= as well is in the Mutators= in the GameType string.
This is not necessary and will probably cause problems when playing a standard game.
Remove it from the ServerMuts= as it is not a ServerMut but a GameMut if you get my drift :)

You are getting an error regarding the DefaultMap (DefaultMap="XMP-Sirocco")
It would seem that either this map does not exist, its spelt wrong, the Path is incorrect or something.
Try adding the standard path to their ini file:
Paths=../Maps/*.ut2

Basically UT2Vote cannot fine the Maps or the actual Game, hence the errors and warnings and this is a Paths= problem.
Try playing around with those Paths= in the ini file.

Otherwise its looking good and thanks for the post :)

Killinya
9th Jan 2005, 09:13 PM
You have XMPSmartMines.XMPSmartMines in both the Servermuts= as well is in the Mutators= in the GameType string.
This is not necessary and will probably cause problems when playing a standard game.
Remove it from the ServerMuts= as it is not a ServerMut but a GameMut if you get my drift :)

Ya I had a problem getting it to work and never undid the double up... This instance never runs anything but XMP. Ill fix it anyway.

You are getting an error regarding the DefaultMap (DefaultMap="XMP-Sirocco")
It would seem that either this map does not exist, its spelt wrong, the Path is incorrect or something.
Try adding the standard path to their ini file:
Paths=../Maps/*.ut2

Basically UT2Vote cannot fine the Maps or the actual Game, hence the errors and warnings and this is a Paths= problem.
Try playing around with those Paths= in the ini file.

Otherwise its looking good and thanks for the post :)

The map name was spelled right...I changed it anyway. I added the paths as noted above. And I still have the error. :( Also note...Had error before putting smartmines on.

Any other thoughts?

Additional note...This is the parameters used in the ucc.exe command...(I use a service to start/stop)

server XMP-Garden?Game=XMP.XMPGame?BlueTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_BBF.BBF?RedTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_BBF.BBF?AdminNa me=yyyyyy?AdminPassword=xxxxxx?mutator=UT2Vote48.UT2VoteX log=bbfxmpserver.log -mod=UTXMP -multihome=67.19.100.189

tdw-socke
10th Jan 2005, 03:03 AM
no way, ut2vote doesn't work woith the -mod parameter.

check the default.ini of utxmp and add all paths mentioned there as +add to your ut2004.ini and try it again.

imaginos wrote a discription for the general changes to be done, to make a mod work with ut2vote.

ProAsm
10th Jan 2005, 09:51 AM
Also regarding your startup command line should read:

server XMP-Garden?Game=XMP.XMPGame?Mutator=UT2Vote48.UT2VoteX log=bbfxmpserver.log -mod=UTXMP -multihome=67.19.100.189

UT2Vote48.ini file:

ServerLine=?BlueTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_BBF.BBF?RedTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_BBF.BBF?AdminName=yyyyyy?Ad minPassword=xxxxxx

Killinya
10th Jan 2005, 08:15 PM
Also regarding your startup command line should read:

server XMP-Garden?Game=XMP.XMPGame?Mutator=UT2Vote48.UT2VoteX log=bbfxmpserver.log -mod=UTXMP -multihome=67.19.100.189

UT2Vote48.ini file:

ServerLine=?BlueTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_BBF.BBF?RedTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_BBF.BBF?AdminName=yyyyyy?Ad minPassword=xxxxxx

Did this too...still have error :(

tdw-socke
11th Jan 2005, 04:36 AM
Did this too...still have error :(

what about posting links to your inis? and if you use ut2vote, drop the -mod parameter...

Killinya
11th Jan 2005, 09:10 AM
what about posting links to your inis? and if you use ut2vote, drop the -mod parameter...

Erm..... look at the original post in the thread...(at bottom).... ;)

u can Run mods without the mod command?

Imaginos
11th Jan 2005, 03:22 PM
Erm..... look at the original post in the thread...(at bottom).... ;)

u can Run mods without the mod command?

Oh hell yes! http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=144869

tdw-socke
12th Jan 2005, 02:31 AM
just a quick view at your inis:
if you use antitcc as serveractor, don't use it as mutator at the same time. If you use smartbombs as servermutator, don't add it to the gametype again.

and drop the -mod-parameter from the start-line :)

Killinya
13th Jan 2005, 07:43 PM
just a quick view at your inis:
if you use antitcc as serveractor, don't use it as mutator at the same time. If you use smartbombs as servermutator, don't add it to the gametype again.

and drop the -mod-parameter from the start-line :)

Anti tcc change...done.
DroP mod parm..done
smartmines mutator already dropped per proAsm comment

Net effect: Still have error message in original post.

The XMP game type is the 13th game type in the list... the error message refers to an out of bounds (13th) condition... thoughts?

Any other suggestions...????

tdw-socke
14th Jan 2005, 03:45 AM
ok, had a deeper look at your ut2004.ini or UTXMP.ini

UT2Vote needs the standard Menus, so try replacing the utxmp-menus with the standard. try one by one and please tell us, which one is the critical one:

Check theese:

[Engine.Engine]
Console=XMPUI.XMPConsole
GUIController=XMPUI.XMPGUIController

[Engine.GameEngine]
MainMenuClass=XMPUI.XMPMainMenu
ConnectingMenuClass=XMPUI.XMPServerLoading

i don't think, it's the connecting-menu class, and the mainmenu should be clientside only... my favorite is the guicontroller or the console...

try replacing all those by the standard ones, one by one:

[Engine.Engine]
Console=XInterface.ExtendedConsole
GUIController=GUI2K4.UT2K4GUIController

[Engine.GameEngine]
MainMenu=GUI2K4.UT2K4MainMenu
ConnectingMenuClass=GUI2K4.UT2K4ServerLoading

good luck ;)

Killinya
15th Jan 2005, 12:09 PM

UT2Vote needs the standard Menus, so try replacing the utxmp-menus with the standard. try one by one and please tell us, which one is the critical one:

Check theese:

[Engine.Engine]
Console=XMPUI.XMPConsole

[Engine.GameEngine]

i don't think, it's the connecting-menu class, and the mainmenu should be clientside only... my favorite is the guicontroller or the console...

[Engine.Engine]

[Engine.GameEngine]

good luck ;)

Well, maybe we cant "Fully" use UT2Vote then.

Replacing Console or controller will force me not to use anti cheat....NOT an option. - Anti cheat only allows ONE of each...the default for the mod is a custom one (client side).

Replacing the menus, had no effect....

Thanks for the thoughts.... again what about the Game type being the 13th on the list..and the out of bounds message being about 13....

tdw-socke
17th Jan 2005, 03:20 AM
which anticheat do you use? is it's antitcc, it allows different configs. i use 4 different setups myself... i now have setup utxmp quick and dirty. My log says:
Log: Server switch level: XMP-Sirocco?Game=XMP.XMPGame?Mutator=UT2Vote49B3.UT2VoteX,DummyMut.DummyMutE,DummyMut.DummyMutX,Zound47. Zound,bN_RealUtils_v17rc8a.bN_RPMutator,PingCompensation2.MutPingCompensation,UTExtra14B2.UTExtra,sb ots.sbots?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=15?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocato r=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0? GameStats=True?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NumBots=1?Difficulty=5?AntiTCCSettings=LogOnly?GamePassword=ffa
Log: Browse: XMP-Sirocco?Name=TDW-Socke[lag/]?SpectatorOnly=0?Game=XMP.XMPGame?Mutator=UT2Vote49B3.UT2VoteX,DummyMut.DummyMutE,DummyMut.DummyMutX ,Zound47.Zound,bN_RealUtils_v17rc8a.bN_RPMutator,PingCompensation2.MutPingCompensation,UTExtra14B2.U TExtra,sbots.sbots?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=15?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Tr anslocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tour nament=0?GamePassword=ffa?GameStats=True?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NumBots=1?Difficulty=5?NoOverTime=False ?VsBots=False?AntiTCCSettings=LogOnly
Exit: Socket shut down
Log: (Karma): Level Karma Terminated.
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: Garbage: objects: 57844->46152; refs: 581175
Log: Game class is 'XMPGame'
Log: Bringing Level XMP-Sirocco.myLevel up for play (50) appSeconds: 58905.791393...
ScriptLog: Loading Admins & Groups
ScriptLog: Kick and Ban Privileges Loaded
ScriptLog: Maps & Game Privileges Loaded
ScriptLog: Admins & Groups Management Loaded
ScriptLog: Extra Privileges Loaded
ScriptLog: Mutators UT2Vote49B3.UT2VoteX,DummyMut.DummyMutE,DummyMut.DummyMutX,Zound47.Zound,bN_RealUtils_v17rc8a.bN_RPM utator,PingCompensation2.MutPingCompensation,UTExtra14B2.UTExtra,sbots.sbots
UT2Vote: 11:15:57 <-------------------- Starting UT2Vote49B3 -------------------->
Zound: << Starting Zound47 >>
sbots: --------------- Starting sbots --------------
ScriptLog: GameSpeed 1.00
ScriptLog: GamePassword ffa
ScriptLog: GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging True
ScriptLog: Translocators: False
ScriptLog: bPlayersVsBots: False
ScriptLog: PlayerMustBeReady: False
ScriptLog: WeaponStay: True
Log: Resolving utan.unrealadmin.org...
ScriptLog: MasterServerGameStats initializing
OLStats: ----------------------------------------
OLStats: OLStats Loading...
Log: Opening user log ../UserLogs/Stats_7787_2005_01_17_11_15_57.log
OLStats: OLStats 3.00RC1 loaded!
OLStats: Author: OverloadUT
OLStats: Email: Overload@planetunreal.com
OLStats: Web: www.apartment167.com
OLStats: ----------------------------------------
ScriptLog: [~] Starting Bull**** version: 115
ScriptLog: [~] Michiel 'El Muerte' Hendriks - elmuerte@drunksnipers.com
ScriptLog: [~] The Drunk Snipers - http://www.drunksnipers.com
ScriptLog: UdpServerQuery(crt): Port 7797 successfully bound.
Log: Resolving master0.gamespy.com...
Log: Defaulting to false
Log: Defaulting to false
Log: Resolving ut2004master1.epicgames.com...
WebAdmin: Loading Available Maps
WebAdmin: Unknown Mutator in use: DummyMut.DummyMutE
WebAdmin: Unknown Mutator in use: DummyMut.DummyMutX
WebAdmin: UT2Vote49B3.UT2VoteWebAdmin Initialized on port 7789
Log: Resolving IRC.DE.QUAKENET.ORG...
Log: MasterServerUplink: Resolved ut2004master1.epicgames.com as 207.135.145.6.
ScriptLog:
ScriptLog: ##############################################
ScriptLog: ## bN REAL UTILS v1.7 RC8a ##
ScriptLog: ## ##
ScriptLog: ## Creator: KalestA (byNeutral) ##
ScriptLog: ## visit... www.fh-clan.it ##
ScriptLog: ## ##
ScriptLog: ## RealPause: Active ##
ScriptLog: ## AntiFake: Active ##
ScriptLog: ## ServerLogo: Not active ##
ScriptLog: ## Player enhancer: Not active ##
ScriptLog: ## Spectator visibility: Not active ##
ScriptLog: ## WarmUp: Not active ##
ScriptLog: ##############################################
ScriptLog:
Log: Resolved utan.unrealadmin.org (212.42.16.16)
Log: Resolved master0.gamespy.com (207.38.8.34)
ScriptLog: UdpGameSpyUplink: Master Server is master0.gamespy.com:27900
ScriptLog: UdpGameSpyUplink: Port 7798 successfully bound.
Log: Resolved IRC.DE.QUAKENET.ORG (194.109.129.222)
Log: MasterServerUplink: Connection to ut2004master1.epicgames.com established.
UTAN_UTXMP: UTAN: UTXMP 100 - CD-Key Database Updated, contains 50 Records
Log: Approval APPROVED
Log: Master server requests heartbeat 0 with code 19200
Log: Master server requests heartbeat 1 with code 19200
Log: Master server requests heartbeat 2 with code 19200
Log: Master server assigned our MatchID: 10707231

I don't see your problem here. I disabled antitcc atm, because i have problems with the md5-calculation, but this is not in common with utxmp.

tdw-socke
17th Jan 2005, 03:27 AM
hmm, i see, i have a different gameclass: XMP.XMPGame while you have UTXMP.XMPGame . Maybe trying that one?

Killinya
17th Jan 2005, 06:25 PM
hmm, i see, i have a different gameclass: XMP.XMPGame while you have UTXMP.XMPGame . Maybe trying that one?

THAT WAS IT!!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU....

everything works now EXCEPT, the Map names dont show when voted for (in the box). no error messages...

Killinya
17th Jan 2005, 06:28 PM
Oh, another weird one...

Vote for XMP-FOX.... see what it does for u...

On my server it forces me to DL BR-Canyon and ONS-Stronghold maps then loads XMP-FOX....

Any guesses what would cause that?

tdw-socke
18th Jan 2005, 02:49 AM
does it really download the maps or just textures, or static meshes? anyway, it shouldn't, if client and server-install are the same...

regarding the map-names, i'll have a look, as soon as i find time, for now, i'm just working by looking at configs and logs ;)

tdw-socke
19th Jan 2005, 01:25 AM
ok, i now did the real test. regarding the map-display, i couldn't test that, as i was all alone, and as soon as i voted, the vote passed...

regarding XMP-Fox: No additional downloads over here, everything seems to work ok, but i must admit, that i'm a totaly noob regarding xmp ^^

hmishima
20th Jan 2005, 10:37 AM

Check theese:

[Engine.Engine]
Console=XMPUI.XMPConsole

[Engine.GameEngine]

[Engine.Engine]

[Engine.GameEngine]

good luck ;)

Sorry I'm chiming in here late, but on my XMP server, I replaced these with the XMP lines and I have no problems at all. In fact, before I replaced them, UT2Vote would pop up on game end, but then just map rotate to the next map before a vote took place. Changing the lines stopped this for some reason...and reskinned UT2Vote to the XMP colors...which looks pretty cool...anyway, map votes certainly do show for me in the vote window.

Killinya
20th Jan 2005, 01:54 PM
Sorry I'm chiming in here late, but on my XMP server, I replaced these with the XMP lines and I have no problems at all. In fact, before I replaced them, UT2Vote would pop up on game end, but then just map rotate to the next map before a vote took place. Changing the lines stopped this for some reason...and reskinned UT2Vote to the XMP colors...which looks pretty cool...anyway, map votes certainly do show for me in the vote window.

any chance you could shoot me (or link) "scrubbed" copies of your utxmp and ut2vote ini files?

nevar10
20th Jan 2005, 04:44 PM
Better yet hmishima if you have the time could you add it to the stickied setups?
I have mine partially setup but I haven't been able to get back to it time wise.
Pretty sure I have the 2 .ini's setup right but this is the last error log...
Thanks

UT2Vote: 14:56:49 - ServerSwitchLevel - ClientMap = XMP-Alcazar | CommandLine = XMP-Alcazar?Game=XMP.XMPGame?Mutator=UT2Vote48.UT2VoteX,DummyMut.DummyMutA?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=60?TimeL imit=20?MinPlayers=8?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?WeaponStay=True?BalanceTeams=T rue?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=True?Tournament=0?GamePassword=privateparts?GameStats=Fals e?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=5?Difficulty=5
UT2Vote: Added XMP to ServerPackages.
UT2Vote: Added XMPUI to ServerPackages.
UT2Vote: Added UDNMatinee to ServerPackages.
UT2Vote: Added XMP_RaptFX to ServerPackages.
UT2Vote: Added XMPWeapons to ServerPackages.
UT2Vote: Added XMPVehicles to ServerPackages.
ScriptLog: PreClientTravel
Log: Server switch level: XMP-Alcazar?Game=XMP.XMPGame?Mutator=UT2Vote48.UT2VoteX,DummyMut.DummyMutA?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=60?TimeL imit=20?MinPlayers=8?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?WeaponStay=True?BalanceTeams=T rue?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=True?Tournament=0?GamePassword=privateparts?GameStats=Fals e?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=5?Difficulty=5
Log: Browse: XMP-Alcazar?Game=XMP.XMPGame?Mutator=UT2Vote48.UT2VoteX,DummyMut.DummyMutA?GamePassword=privateparts?Max Lives=0?GoalScore=60?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=8?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weap onStay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=True?Tournament=0?GameStats=Fals e?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=5?Difficulty=5
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.OptionsSurfBevel
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.Options2DShaperBezierDetail
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.Options2DShaperRevolve
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.Options2DShaperExtrudeToBevel
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.Options2DShaperExtrudeToPoint
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.Options2DShaperExtrude
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.Options2DShaperSheet
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.OptionsBrushScale
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.OptionsTexAlignCylinder
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.OptionsNewTerrain
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.OptionsNewTerrainLayer
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.OptionsMapScale
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.OptionsMatNewCameraPath
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.OptionsMatNewStaticMesh
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.OptionsDupTexture
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.OptionsRotateActors
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.OptionsNewClassFromSel
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.TexAlignerPlanar
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.TexAlignerDefault
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.TexAlignerBox
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.OptionsTexAlignPlanar
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.TexAlignerFace
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection 68.103.152.187:29790 Thu Jan 13 14:56:54 2005
Exit: Socket shut down
Warning: Tag M of TexScaler size mismatch. Serialized 64 but expected 117
Warning: Tag M of TexScaler size mismatch. Serialized 64 but expected 117
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: (Karma): Level Karma Terminated.
Log: Garbage: objects: 59517->46445; refs: 615660
Log: Game class is 'XMPGame'
Log: Bringing Level XMP-Alcazar.myLevel up for play (20) appSeconds: 2012.245979...
Log: (Karma:) KAggregateGeomInstance: (StaticMeshActor180) Cannot 3D-Scale Karma primitives (sphere, box, cylinder).
Log: (Karma:) KAggregateGeomInstance: (StaticMeshActor136) Cannot 3D-Scale Karma primitives (sphere, box, cylind

tdw-socke
21st Jan 2005, 03:06 AM
@hmishima, of course, on an xmp-server, it's the best, to keep the xmp-settings, if ut2vote works with it, but personally i prefeer multi-mod-servers ;)

Gogetter
22nd Jan 2005, 09:24 AM
I cant get mine working :(

i have installed UTXMP onto my server and client PC under the UT2004 directory in a UTXMP sub dir. My UT2k4 server runs default game types + jail break etc and was looking to include UTXMP into my existing config

I have added to my UT2Vote.ini
GameType=(GameName="UTXMP",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="Vigilance XMP",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="XMP-SunsetBeach",MapPrefix="XMP",GameClass="XMP.XMPGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=25?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=3?Translocator=False?W eaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?GameStats= True?FF=50?GameSpeed=1.00?NumBots=1?Difficulty=4")

Into my UT2004.ini i have added
[Core.System]
Paths=../UTXMP/System/*.u
Paths=../UTXMP/Maps/*.ut2
Paths=../UTXMP/Textures/*.utx
Paths=../UTXMP/StaticMeshes/*.usx
Paths=../UTXMP/Animations/*.ukx
Paths=../UTXMP/Sounds/*.uax

[Engine.MaplistManager]
Games=(GameType="XMP.XMPGame",ActiveMaplist="Default XMP")

Now my problem is, everything comes up in the voting menu, i can vote on the game type and see all the maps, altho i dont get a map preview. Then when i vote on a map, my client wants to download that map. I already have UTXMP installed, something is causing it to not find it or activate? Im at a loss, Any help anyone could provide would be great.

Imaginos
22nd Jan 2005, 10:24 AM
If you are running the ut2004 standard client without the -mod=utxmp in the run command, you will have to edit your client's ut2004.ini to include those path statements as well.

If you already have and you are still forced to download from your server, test the client functionality alone. Start the client, attempt to start a botmatch in the utxmp gametype. If this fails, you have file issues on your client.

nevar10
22nd Jan 2005, 07:49 PM
If you are running the ut2004 standard client without the -mod=utxmp in the run command, you will have to edit your client's ut2004.ini to include those path statements as well.

If you already have and you are still forced to download from your server, test the client functionality alone. Start the client, attempt to start a botmatch in the utxmp gametype. If this fails, you have file issues on your client.

Thanks Imaginos. That was the last puzzle piece to get mine running on our server but it would seem to limit the clientel a bit. Wonder if in the next patch of UTXMP the coders would/could add those alterations to the UT2004.ini in the manifest...

This works for me: :D

UT2004.ini Both server and client side
[Core.System]
Paths=../UTXMP/System/*.u
Paths=../UTXMP/Maps/*.ut2
Paths=../UTXMP/Textures/*.utx
Paths=../UTXMP/StaticMeshes/*.usx
Paths=../UTXMP/Animations/*.ukx
Paths=../UTXMP/Sounds/*.uax
MusicPath=../UTXMP/Music
CacheRecordPath=../UTXMP/System/*.ucl

[UT2Vote48.UT2VoteGameTypes]
GameType=(GameName="UTXMP",HideVote=True,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="XMP-Sirocco",MapPrefix="XMP",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="XMP.XMPGame",Mutators="DummyMut.DummyMutA",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=8?MaxPlayers=14?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?W eaponStay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=True?Tournament=0?GamePasswor d=?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=5?Difficulty=5")

[UT2Vote48.UT2VotePackages]
Packages=(MutClassName="DummyMut.DummyMutA",ServerPackages="XMP,XMPUI,UDNMatinee,XMP_RaptFX,XMPWeapons,XMPVehicles")

Imaginos
22nd Jan 2005, 08:27 PM
Thanks Imaginos. That was the last puzzle piece to get mine running on our server but it would seem to limit the clientel a bit. Wonder if in the next patch of UTXMP the coders would/could add those alterations to the UT2004.ini in the manifest...

The mod authors don't really intend you to run it in this way, so I don't think they'd be too keen to make changes to the ut2004.ini which won't show their baby at its best. ;)
Another thing to think about is if you're using a version of UT2Vote earlier than 49 and the mod in question uses the esc key for custom menus, that could be trouble. Get the latest UT2Vote49 from http://www.ut2vote.com/

nevar10
1st Feb 2005, 06:12 PM
Correct again Imaginos. Captain Kewl was a little cool to the idea of adding the
2k4.ini entries with the next patch.
Maybe it was the way I explained it.. but I had to ask.
The Post (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=153463)

Imaginos
1st Feb 2005, 06:28 PM
Heh! I'm a huge whore for Deathball and I can agree with that other post 100%
When you go into a mod via the stock UT2004 client, you won't see any custom menus or the configs.. that's where a lot of people miss out on getting the most of of a mod - they don't see a menu to customize the client. No player settings, binds, etc..
This consideration really makes me pause to rethink the multimod setups - while the server can change seamlessly, the intended audience can't always roll with it. We may be doing a mod a slight disservice in that. I always encourage clients to start UT with the -mod=command on their side to enter custom mod servers for the best experience.

tdw-socke
3rd Feb 2005, 06:55 AM
yes, some settings like mainmenuclass etc are clientside-only. So clients should connect with the mod-client to get best results.