PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek Deep Space Nine - The Fallen Convergeance Demo

Prophetus
6th Jan 2005, 07:48 PM
The Unreal engine game, Star Trek Deep Space Nine - The Fallen, receives a new 3-Level Demo for the mission pack called Convergeance.

Fusion Creative Design created this new 3-level demo of Convergence. It consists of the first levels for all 3 characters, Sisko, Kira and Worf. These are the same levels that will appear in the upcoming complete freeware mission pack.

The mission takes place at a secret facility established on SRIII, site of the crashed Starship Ulysses. These demo levels all take place at the same area of the facility, but with some large unique areas available only to the particular character you are playing. Unlike the original game, you won't choose who you want to play as...instead, you will switch between players as you progress. Each character faces new challenges and enemies, and has unique mission objectives.

You'll need the retail game, plus the retail game patch. Ensure you head over to their Convergence page for more details on how to install the demo, and for more links to other patches/upgrades.

Download the Convergeance Demo

Convergeance Demo Mac/Linux Zip File (20 MB)

Convergeance Demo Windows Setup.exe (15 MB)

Slayer-X
6th Jan 2005, 08:12 PM
What a well made product I must say. They did quite an excellent job on it I must say.

But no offense to them, but I rather play Elite Force 1 & 2 rather then this mod. So I'm hoping that they'll work hard and change my mind about that comment. I'm counting on you guys ;)

atticbat
6th Jan 2005, 11:25 PM
Actually, I enjoyed the first DS9 game, especially the fight on the saucer of the crashed Miranda... very cool...

Was just thinking it would be sweet to play a sequel to that.

Hmm... is this a sequel or a mod to the original? Have to check that out methinks ;)

TaoPaiPai
7th Jan 2005, 09:40 AM
the original game has become VERY difficult to find. I regret not buying it when it was out :(

8-4-7-2
7th Jan 2005, 11:29 AM
Hmm... is this a sequel or a mod to the original?
Both, sort of

It's not an official product, but some of the people who worked on The Fallen are making it

I'll wait for the finished map-pack though :)

Prom King
7th Jan 2005, 09:21 PM
The game is a great game; I bought it when it came out. I've been playing it every now and then and still haven't been able to beat the first level for any character though! Does anyone else have gripes about the difficulty besides me?

Eric Reuter
7th Jan 2005, 10:22 PM
It's available at Amazon for $9.95 new. At least that's what they are advertising, and it appears to be fully available...

-Eric
http://www.fusioncreativedesign.com

LOLOL
8th Jan 2005, 03:46 AM
I have counter-strike(2) Source and LOLOL Frag-ops ITS THE BEST
www.frag-ops.com

8-4-7-2
8th Jan 2005, 08:18 AM
The game is a great game; I bought it when it came out. I've been playing it every now and then and still haven't been able to beat the first level for any character though! Does anyone else have gripes about the difficulty besides me?
Except for Worf it's relatively easy. The Worf campaign is difficult because you don't have a handphaser and need to fight with bat'leth often

Prom King
8th Jan 2005, 08:57 AM
Except for Worf it's relatively easy. The Worf campaign is difficult because you don't have a handphaser and need to fight with bat'leth often
Ok...at least I know it's just me now!

UnixPimp
8th Jan 2005, 04:10 PM
Very Cool!!!

A big thanks to Beyond Unreal for pimping this demo for one of my favorite all time Unreal based games.

If you like DS9: the Fallen and/or this demo, come vist the
DS9: the Fallen message boards (http://bbs.simonsays.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=15), Star Trek Gaming (http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~starmada/forum/stgu_portal.php), or continue to spread the word about this demo on other message boards.