Tamearia Demo Alpha

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
Here's the demo alpha, quick test map for it (has no bearing on the final look/feel of the game). Some things still not added (like custom animations for Shawna, and linking the clothing options to her).

- The main menu will show one of four maps depending on the time of day on your computer. The final maps will as well, but not this test map.

- Still needs message organization, right now it's using a few different methods of displaying text/other info.

- The spidering needs camera work, little too snappy.

Let me know what you think, and of course report any bugs! :)

More info at: www.angelmapper.com/tamearia

[screenshot]http://angelmapper.com/tamearia/TameariaMenu.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://angelmapper.com/tamearia/TameariaMenuSavedGames.jpg[/screenshot]

http://angelmapper.com/files/TameariaDemoAlpha.zip

If anyone can mirror this I'd appreciate it. :)

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
:eek:

Your still working on this, it feels like its been a year or more since i saw the first screeny and such and thought it was abandoned. Im hopping aboard and ill report back shortly :)

EDIT:
Ok i cant seem to get it to run. I tried two things. One was clicking tameria.bat and it gave me a wierd error about not finding the path to ut2k4's exe. So i thought i could open it up through 2k4's community/mod path and it gave an error saying my cd key was invalid :confused:

Maybe i didnt do something right or my system just doenst like it, but i hope someone gets it working on theres cause it looks nifty.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Ok i figured out what i did wrong. Like most mods, i choose each individual folder(textures, system, sounds, etc) and zip them to there respective folders in the UT2k4 directory. I misunderstood what you mean by unzipping the whole folder :lol: Yes im retarded sometimes

Anyway i tried it out and im astounded by the triggered events. Im just the basic unrealED user but damn girl you did a fine job. The I leik caek comment was uncalled for ;)

Bugs:
Couldnt change her pants or shirt, unless that hasnt been impemented yet

+2 points for FINALLY being allowed to aim in 3rd person. Epic why havent you allowed aiming in 3rd person yet hmmmmmmmm :mad:

My only recommendation is tospeed up your character just a bit, not 2k4 speeds but just a tad to make things not feel like molasses.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
Yeah, the cloth changes will work when I get the new Shawna model in, I'm just waiting until I get the time to make all her basic animations.

I'll see about the top speed, I'm really waiting until I start on the actual level to see how that will work out. Thanks! :)

Old Gil

°J2°'s resident lagger
Jun 20, 2004
i would download this if i had broadband, but from looking at your screenies, i dont believe ive ever seen a menu that good from a mod afore :)

keep up the good work angel!

DDRRE

Flesh is a design flaw.
Feb 13, 2004
Israel
Great mod!
I suggest you look at EarthWorm Jim 3D for inspiration because this game made me recall it right away!
As for the level in teh demo I couldn't use the spider boots and I got insulted by your triggers :p
Another game you might want to look at is Crash Bandicoot: Warped when you do all sorts of things like this, fight bosses and gain abilities such as double jumping.

P.S. I could infiltrate that iron fence in the demo level (EDIT: without any cheat or something):
infi.jpg

Last edited:

WinkyBoy

Seriously.
Apr 14, 2004
Minnesota, USA
www.winkyboy.com
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is supposed to be a 3rd-person perspective mod -- that's the way it's supposed to be played. That's the whole reason why Angel_Mapper went to all the work of putting in the fade-out script when the camera gets too close behind Shawna...

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
No, he's talking about another bug that sticks you in Spectator mode, unable to start the game at all.

NEW ALPHA is up, same link. I fixed all of the bugs that people mentioned, and a couple others that I found. Let me know if anything else is wrong! :D

WinkyBoy

Seriously.
Apr 14, 2004
Minnesota, USA
www.winkyboy.com
No, he's talking about another bug

Ah. Misread that. Anywho, I updated the mirror, Angel. One of these moments I'll get around to testing it. I'm still trying to work through that other problem I asked you about. Don't worry - I'll keep trying many more times before going for help again.

lvlorpheus

May 20, 2002
Angel_Mapper said:
....Let me know if anything else is wrong! :D

Excellent MOD. Found one error tho, in the skybox theres a strange 'stretched' texture.

[SCREENSHOT]http://www.lvlorpheus.dsl.pipex.com/temp/Tameariaskyboxerror.jpg[/SCREENSHOT] [SCREENSHOT]http://www.lvlorpheus.dsl.pipex.com/temp/Tameariaskyboxerror01.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Last edited:

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
In this situation, "demo" refers to something the author is releasing as a demonstration of some of the things to come later on (in this case, Angel_Mapper is giving us a taste of some of the stuff to expect in her upcoming mod).