FluXs Thoughts - 4th Jan 2005

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
Hello and happy new year! wee a bit early this time, its only 2:49am :lol:

I was hoping to report on DA2 IR5, But it has not yet been released to the team. aBsOlUt is putting together some final files. Plus he is flying back to the US sometime soon. However, after, I hope we can get a nice IR5 out and report on our progress with videos, interviews and TV ads.

Updates! Well I have been doing a lot of catch up coursework before 10th January for when I go back to University. So for me my plans for DA2 have been agonisingly slow.

However [D] has been at work on his new DA2 map which is starting to look very nice. Bot defenders take up defensive positions set by the mapper and also do a good job of attacking too. So HUZAR! Bot Defenders are in :)

Last I heard from absolute about code is that he was working on some bugs we had with the AI attacking control points and respawning… An idea I have is to use the BF1942 spawn map for choosing which control points to spawn at. The code is already featured in ONS for UT2004 but would still take some programming to implement. Also not all maps would need such a system. Such as [D]s who uses progressive respawn areas like in UT Assault.

Some good news we had for a while but haven’t really talked about is our new HUD AI. Or A.M.I “Amy” Alliance Military Intelligence is an verbal system built into your HUD. She will inform you of low health, Danger and mission updates. All very cool. We have yet to put it in game but it sounds great, and where we got her from is our secret ^_^

As a treat to you people for waiting without much word; Here are some of the HUD voices. All custom made for Defence Alliance 2. its still all work in progress.

Oh and also some new wallpapers / screenshots I cooked up from my in progress map(s)

Attachments

• jan4update.zip
    370.6 KB · Views: 35
  • northstar.jpg
    northstar.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 74
  • dawn.jpg
    dawn.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IR5pic1.jpg
    IR5pic1.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IR5pic2.jpg
    IR5pic2.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
AMI naked?

I can assure you its female, besides my voice broke many cycles ago.

Last edited:

Dest

DA Team
Oct 6, 2004
bikini bottom tbh!
2 Maps gone Beta today! :

unexscreen2.jpg

ruinsscreenshot.jpg

There is yet only DA2-Triumph to complete, and then I'll save DA2-Classic-Ruins2 for a later release...

Last edited:

Hellhound

Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
Jeahh,

happy new year

and keep the good work up !
Do you think you can eliminate the ut2k4 feeling and create a own DA2 feeling?

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
yeah, thats i hope to do.

atm, movement still feels a bit like Ut2k4, but without double jumping :) the bots seem to jump very high ingame, they like to jump over other bots heads. Guns are a bit strong atm, or the rate of fire needs reducing, as you seem to get ass-loved by bot weapons still.

heres picky of my map

Attachments

• picy.jpg
    picy.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
Update:

Heres a new pic of map. i thought it looked a bit plain. :(

BTW, expect some media,video,news,pr0n updates very very soon :D

Attachments

• picy2.jpg
    picy2.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
cool thanks. Dont forget to check out the new forum signatures as I have added some new sigs for people who wish to change their current one.

They where taking from this map. I see [D] has already.

Also some time soon expect some big updates from us. I already have about 6 or 7 pics from this map (sneak peek - look at new sigs)

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
[d] its turned snowy! :)

hey man before I forget again, here is the DA2 Logo used for wallpapers complete with text.

its in Paint Shop Pro format btw.

Attachments

• logo.zip
    22.5 KB · Views: 10

Dest

DA Team
Oct 6, 2004
bikini bottom tbh!
FluXs said:
[d] its turned snowy! :)

hey man before I forget again, here is the DA2 Logo used for wallpapers complete with text.

its in Paint Shop Pro format btw.

I use adobe PhotoShop 6.0 ....

btw get on msn

Last edited:

{UFF}HAMMERSTIEN

EEK THE SEA IS FULL OF FISH CRAP
:) 4 fluxies

works and launches on xfire with this added to ua_plugin.ini
not sure if it will find servers and shows u as playing ut2k4 when u do launch but hey i'm a old man

[5001]
LongName=Defence Alliance 2
ShortName=DA2
Icon=unknown.ico
LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technology\Installed Apps\UT2004\Folder
LauncherExe=System\UT2004.exe
LauncherPasswordArgs=?Password=%UA_GAME_HOST_PASSWORD%
LauncherNetworkArgs=%UA_GAME_HOST_NAME%:%UA_GAME_HOST_PORT%%UA_LAUNCHER_PASSWORD_ARGS%
CommandLineMustContain[0]=-mod=da2
InstallHint=DA2\da2icon.ico
Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% %UA_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS% -mod=da2
ServerStatusType=UT2K3
CanBeUpForGame=TRUE