JB-Spurious (UTJB) Oldskool!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
I have no idea where the name came from. It just sounded kinda nice ;)

This is a very old map that I've updated for Jailbreak. Yes I know I should be making 2k4 maps but what the hell eh? :)

It's a medium sized curvy map with muchos use of warpzones and no arena (does it need one? The gameplays kinda fast)

JB-Spurious
A mere 1.03mb ;)

Last edited:

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
Please make the alarm sound stop when everyone's dead :p

Its a bit confusing to know where you are. Maybe label the areas and where those little shoots go to. Its a bit hard to notice that there are doors leading out of the switch rooms too ;)

Its a shame warpzones have a few constraints on them and frequently create HoMs, but nevermind.

Fun map :)

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
Oops forgot about that. cheers Zed :)
I'll also put some more of those little arrows in, why that never crossed my mind I don't know.

Thankfully the warpzones haven't created any HOMs. There's just that silly bit of Z-fighting (I guess) in the rlease rooms of you stand too close to the window.

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
Updated.

1. Added direction arrows to window room to help with orientation.
2. Fixed the looping sound in death sequence.
3. Added arena :)
4. Made the ceiling thicker in the release rooms so as to avoid HOM's when viewed through the warpzone and seeing the skybox.
5. Removed Invisible Collision Hull in jail and replaced with blockall actors so the players will be able to see each other through the window when playing online (I hope!)

I haven't been able to test this online yet so any help would be appreciated.

JB-Spurious

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
Those doors are camouflaged with the walls! I was running around in the release room for a couple of minutes trying to get out of the room via those mirror things!

Still, once you've done it once, you never forget I suppose :)

Trueblood

Silly Brit
Jan 19, 2003
Brighton, UK
www.yourass.com
RevBillyG said:
There's just that silly bit of Z-fighting (I guess) in the rlease rooms of you stand too close to the window.
Is that like, you shoot through a window that's horizontal and it flys out of the ceiling vertical from the button? creepy thought @_@

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
Nah, you ever stood up close to a mirror in unreal and noticed it goes black? It's like that. :)

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
Thanks Sexmachine. This has given me the opportunity to squash two final bugs.

1. Replaced ICH's in release rooms with movers so you can see the opposing teams.
2. Made Boost's banner readable. :rolleyes:

You may notice a slight HOM in one of the tubes. This only appears to happen online and doesn't affect gameplay at all. You can only see it when you land at the bottom then look directly up.

JB-Spurious

Boost

Dragon Lady
Apr 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
I have played the map with my son at home with sniperarena and on the MS but there is one thing that bothers me. When in jail, if you stand infront of the window, you can kill the other team, this works both ways. With the sniperarena you don't even need to go to the window and just snipe all the other team's heads off. :D

It also works with impact hammer. My son even won a shock rifle! :rolleyes:

Trueblood

Silly Brit
Jan 19, 2003
Brighton, UK
www.yourass.com
Rev! the shoots at the side totaly spin me out :eek:
i expected it to carry me up...but when it warps me up, i dont know which way to turn...and by the time i look around..i fall back down and get warped x__X
I like those window things too :)

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
We played some games on the MS yesterday, with 6 human players, and I must tell you the map is great. However there seems to be some serious General Protection Faults in the map, which everybody had problems with.

The first GPF concerns a problem with the WarpZoneInfo (saw one GPF mentioning WarpZoneInfo0 and one mentioning WarpZoneInfo1). I know three people (TrueBlood, Boost and me) got it at the same time, when we were still in spec mode and we all flew through the glass in between the two bases (I don't know what the other three people did at that time). But the same error also happened during the normal game.

The second GPF, which Boost had twice, I can't pinpoint it to a certain actor, event or action right now.

When I'm at home again I will add the screenshots.

Some other points:

When playing online and looking through the glass between the two bases, I can see the room and the doors on the other side, but I can't see the players. Offline is OK. Also the see through hallway thingies in base and looking through the jailglass are OK online.

I had lots of fun with the jailglass too. It was probably not intentional, but as Boost mentioned, when you are standing close to the glass you can shoot and piston the players in the other jail, winning prices, and even becomming a llama in jail. It's a great way to keep you busy in there. I think you should seriously consider leaving it that way. ;)

The screenslidemap in jail doesn't look that good, maybe you could change it a bit.

Overall, I like it a lot. :)

/edit: just jumped onto the mothership here by my own, flew though the window in the base and got the GPF directly (see screenshot GPF1.jpg). I also got the log-file, but I think you can produce that yourself, just fly through the window ;)

Attachments

• Spurios GPF1.jpg
    Spurios GPF1.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
I'm still intent on getting this one done.

The GPF's seem to be history now (\o/) Looks like it was caused by the semi-transparent window in front of the warpzones. I've put some girders there now. Not as cool but still do the job :)

I've also added no-entry signs to the tubes you can't go through. Just for TrueBlood ;)

I'm also going to improve those mapscreens. CD is right, they suck :rolleyes: and my sig needs fixing ;)

Anything else you'd like to see?

It's nice to have forums that work properly now :D

Last edited: