Lasertrip Mines Crash

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

[PE] Bender

Used Register
Feb 19, 2004
Terra/Sol
Actually with the Patch there is at least one very annyoing Bug: Every Time a Lasertripmine is placed in the Node the Server crashes.
I dont know if this is a known Issue because with the actual performance of the BU Forum i did nt want to do a search ;).
This is very annoying as FFA Playing is right now Ubercrap because someone either accidently or intentionally crashes the Game with this bug for everyone :(.

IMHO this should be fixed ASAP!

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
It was reported in their IRC channel about 10mins after the patch was released. It's normally not a problem on public servers, as no one defends anyway ;)

But I do agree that a quick patch just for this issue would be worthwhile

Mastame

Dec 27, 2004
The Netherlands
On this server, it went like this.

1st time) People start suspecting the Tripmines on the Arti Node crashes the server.
2d time) People know for sure it's the Tripmines that crashes the server.
3d time) People start yelling and swearing [at the Tripmine-placer].
4th time) People start leaving.

There are still alot of people who don't know this, and even if they do they still sometimes place mines. Just because they forgot or if they want to screw up a gg. :mad:

Last edited:

ctp.Philip Fry

Scatterbrained Mapper
Dec 17, 2004
Duesseldorf/Germany
www.utxmp.de
The Smartmines Mutator that was coded by [GDC]Faust fixes this crash problem. But IMO this SHOULD have been fixed by FMI days ago... to be honest minutes after realizing this is a server crashing bug. So big thumbs up to the beta testers for not finding such an annoying bug. I sometimes wonder what theyve been testing anyway... ;)

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
With any programming you tend to get 1 new bug for every 10 you fix. Most should get picked up before the release, but there is always a chance of 1 or 2 getting through

[PE] Bender

Used Register
Feb 19, 2004
Terra/Sol
Well, its a Beta after all and it could be worse :). At least UTXMP doesn t shout "Souldnour" to me :eek:.
Seeing the many thing that have improved with patch is a bit difficult if the Game keeps crashing because of just one bug. But THX to Faust´s Mutator at least this Problem is fixed till the next Patch.
We had yesterday a nice Comunity Scrim with a peak of 22 Players on the GDC Server and everything went fine - well ecxept when the crazy Techs spammed Turrets like Madman on Helltube and it got "a bit" laggy :D.

AshTrai

CaSuAlTy Of SoCiEtY
Nov 25, 2004
www.clanuk2.co.uk
If u look at that new bug fixes page on the FMI website, the first thing they fixed for patch 1b was the trip mine bug.

Gonna have to wait for 1b ... or u could use faust's smart mine pack for a temporary fix :)

°NAZ°

That Guy
Aug 25, 2004
Dallas.Texas.USA
www.bloodrave.com
ctp.Philip Fry said:
The Smartmines Mutator that was coded by [GDC]Faust fixes this crash problem. But IMO this SHOULD have been fixed by FMI days ago... to be honest minutes after realizing this is a server crashing bug. So big thumbs up to the beta testers for not finding such an annoying bug. I sometimes wonder what theyve been testing anyway... ;)
WHere can I get this mut at?

Status
Not open for further replies.