PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION: Sunday Night Burnout

ProjectX
2nd Jan 2005, 04:42 AM
Well I decided that the reason not many people were playing on the servers could be because nobody else was playing on the servers (duh) so I started organising this event where we play you, at a certain time once a week.

The free-time poll is showing that most people are free to race between 3PM GMT and Midnight GMT on sunday, we've ordered two meeting times where the whole team meets on the official server (obviously some people won't be able to make it) and we'll publish this time on the main page ( perhaps in its own frame so people who haven't been here before can find it).

3PM GMT til 7PM GMT and

8PM GMT til 11PM GMT

This'll give everyone an hours rest between times, but obviously those still on the server who want to stay could and keep the games going.

This will start on sunday the 9th of January, hope to see you all there. Oh and I'll relese a new rabbit map for the occasion.

MAP RELEASED! GO HERE: http://download.beyondunreal.com/fileworks.php/unwheel/maps/UWRM-CavernsNUVO.rar

Shrimp
2nd Jan 2005, 11:56 PM
I was there (Jerdaygo's Race server) for about an hour in the 3PM slot and nobody came :P

Guess we can hope for a better turnout next week due to the short notice this week ;)

Diego1203
3rd Jan 2005, 01:07 AM
Yeah I didn't even know about it until just now, but I'll be there next week for sure.

EDIT: I just realised something, the first one is NEXT sunday, no wonder nobody showed up Shrimp ;) .

ProjectX
3rd Jan 2005, 03:54 AM
Yeah I didn't even know about it until just now, but I'll be there next week for sure.

EDIT: I just realised something, the first one is NEXT sunday, no wonder nobody showed up Shrimp ;) .

Lol sorry, I thought yesterday was too short a notice, do yo want me to highlight it?

Shrimp
3rd Jan 2005, 04:35 AM
Oops, I missed that :P :P

No need to highlight, maybe remove the 'next Sunday' now since it's going to be this Sunday now :D

JACK SH!T
8th Jan 2005, 09:51 PM
ok, so when is the fun to start? I'm on the east coast (US) I think that makes me -5 GMT, but not quit sure.

jerdaygo
8th Jan 2005, 10:17 PM
I think your correct but here is a link that might help you out http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/

Shrimp
9th Jan 2005, 05:35 AM
I'll be on the Race server on the 15:00 GMT slot...

ProjectX
9th Jan 2005, 06:43 AM
I'll be on the Race server on the 15:00 GMT slot...

Me too hopefully, oh and check the first post for a download link for my new map: UWRM-Caverns.

jerdaygo
9th Jan 2005, 08:49 AM
if you do play PXs new map make sure you take it out of the folder its in, in its rar, I made that mistake and could not find it to add it to the server

ProjectX
9th Jan 2005, 10:53 AM
Well I'm back from a 2hr long game with Shrimp, the only person who joined was a guy named cheesus who left within one match. Still there's hope for the 8 O' clock match that maybe itll be more than just me and shrimp, lol.

JACK SH!T
9th Jan 2005, 07:04 PM
Well I'm back from a 2hr long game with Shrimp, the only person who joined was a guy named cheesus who left within one match. Still there's hope for the 8 O' clock match that maybe itll be more than just me and shrimp, lol.
GG's everyone, had fun. I would have joined sooner, but I was watching the playoffs. When the Cults had the Broncos by 30 points in the fourth quater, I had a pretty good idea who was going to win :lol: that's when I joined the race :D
I'm going to get a few laps in now, then try to figure out how to install 2k4 on linux :rolleyes:

jerdaygo
9th Jan 2005, 09:38 PM
How did the games go? How did the server run? lag?

stevenhorton
9th Jan 2005, 09:51 PM
The games went very well, lag wasn't an issue; ProjectX was the only issue. He is way too good in Rabbit:P

Shrimp
10th Jan 2005, 12:16 AM
Was great fun, I had a ball :P.

Thanks guys :)

ProjectX
10th Jan 2005, 01:19 AM
The games went very well, lag wasn't an issue; ProjectX was the only issue. He is way too good in Rabbit:P

and you were far too good at racing

There weren't too many people there for the 3PM GMT time so maybe we should do one time at 8PM (or something similar) and continue to midnight GMT.

Also we need to advertise it more.

Shrimp
10th Jan 2005, 04:55 AM
And all your pings are far too low :p

Ok, maybe we should forget the 3PM slot then and stick to the 8PM one...

Confirm and I'll plop it on the home page (along with some nice busy pics i got last night ;))

Shrimp
10th Jan 2005, 04:58 AM
Oh, and I don't think anyone should think of the Centepede as a problem, I thought it was great fun... Especially in those KBall and TKBall rounds... That thing comes screaming toward the ball and everyone else in the way just goes flying :D I loved watching that (and being on the receiving end). Adds loads of fun to the game ;)

ProjectX
10th Jan 2005, 12:05 PM
Oh, and I don't think anyone should think of the Centepede as a problem, I thought it was great fun... Especially in those KBall and TKBall rounds... That thing comes screaming toward the ball and everyone else in the way just goes flying :D I loved watching that (and being on the receiving end). Adds loads of fun to the game ;)

Oh yeah, that was insane, and you kept trying to push me into the wall in TKB-Stadium, despite being on my team!

EDIT: Here are some of my shots too

The first is called "Flight" aka "Lucky piece of ****"

The second is: "Disco Truck-sandwich"

The final is: "Aerobatics"

JACK SH!T
10th Jan 2005, 08:38 PM
Oh yeah, that was insane, and you kept trying to push me into the wall in TKB-Stadium, despite being on my team!

EDIT: Here are some of my shots too

The first is called "Flight" aka "Lucky piece of ****"

The second is: "Disco Truck-sandwich"

The final is: "Aerobatics"
as far as the game time goes, it's way too early...I'm usualy buisy sunday at 3pm EST. Either just getting home from work, or watching football (only a few games left, then it's over. I predict Vikings vs. Patriots in the super bowl ;)
If the races start around 8-9 PM EST :D would work better for me.
Perhaps we need to figure out where everyone is, and try to work a time from there?
One more thing, even though I'm not on the build team, I want to add {UW} to my nick. I try to help pimp the game, but don't know if I'm making a diffrance or not :rolleyes: I do understand if you want to keep the {UW} for the build team only though. After all, ya'll are a very ellete (did I spell that right?) group.

ProjectX
11th Jan 2005, 01:14 AM
Hell I'm probably the only dev member with (UW) in their name so they'll probably not care.

Shrimp
11th Jan 2005, 02:17 AM
Hehe, sorry, my clan tag gets preference ;)

PX - do you have those screenies in .jpg or some other format? A lot of colour and guality is lost in the .gifs ;) (and a pretty high scale to filesize ratio). Those look better than many of mine :(. Especially the ones on the left and right :)

ProjectX
11th Jan 2005, 12:31 PM
I got em in .bmp

I'll rar em and plop them on the ftp in my folder for you

EDIT: done

EDIT2: Oh jerdaygo there was one problem. the TCTF voting list didn't have any maps in. Other than that it was fine.

Also I was just playing UWKOTH-AngelFalls against two peeps, both in centipedes (they were able to jump the gap, just) and me in a nassau rally car. Anyway th goodthing is it IS possible to knock a centipede off of the KOTH position in a lesser car :) :D

$n][pErMan
13th Jan 2005, 01:03 AM
I gotta check these forums more often .. I missed all this!!! :o BTW... just downloaded the map too... should have it on my server in the next day or two. :D

Shrimp
13th Jan 2005, 06:34 AM
Hmm, is the FTP down? I can't connect :(. (using the new IP - same as the UW server)

jerdaygo
13th Jan 2005, 09:50 AM
Hmm, is the FTP down? I can't connect :(. (using the new IP - same as the UW server)
Sorry Shrimp,
When i updated my server and restarted the game server I forgot to restart the ftp server, it is running now and should work fine, and it is the new IP.

edit: hmm, Im having a security issue, i will try to get this resolved tonight.
edit2: oops its just a Mozilla issue IE works fine, so its up and working ;)

Shrimp
14th Jan 2005, 02:00 AM
Ah, thanks, it's working ;)

We got front-page pimpage for the event on BU :D

jerdaygo
14th Jan 2005, 08:33 AM
do you think i should run 2 servers then? or is the one good?

$n][pErMan
14th Jan 2005, 08:51 AM
^ You always got mine :D There was about 6 of us racing last night on my server... most new people to the game... I was showin them the ropes ;)

ProjectX
14th Jan 2005, 09:14 AM
[pErMan']^ You always got mine :D There was about 6 of us racing last night on my server... most new people to the game... I was showin them the ropes ;)

As in 0wning them, lol

$n][pErMan
14th Jan 2005, 11:49 AM
As in 0wning them, lol
HAha.... one kid was acctually really good and won a round or two :D

JamesBong
14th Jan 2005, 12:09 PM
so when is everyone joining again? 3pm est. Sundays?
hummmm thats kinda bad time as i'm usually puttin the buzz on at my buddys....come summer i'll be on my boat chasing bass on sundays.
i'm with Jack sh1t on the east coast (lovely oHIo here lol)....
i'll try and join when i can
----------------------------------------
OT. anyone experience longer and longer load times on regular ONS matches over time (offline) ..... seems when i 1st installed load times were reasonable, now they're getting into minutes, :rolleyes: and it sux...... think i need to get more ram

JeeP

$n][pErMan
14th Jan 2005, 03:58 PM
^ im in ohio too. You can ussually find me in my server in the late afternoons or nights depending on class work I have or whether or not im going out with some friends drinking. Ussually if im around and see someone in my server and I have nothing to do... I join up :)

jerdaygo
15th Jan 2005, 02:03 PM
EDIT2: Oh jerdaygo there was one problem. the TCTF voting list didn't have any maps in. Other than that it was fine.

Fixed, thanks to some help from $n][pErMan :D
Thanks man, such a silly silly problem ;)

$n][pErMan
15th Jan 2005, 02:27 PM
^ Yup .. no problem. Glad to help. :D

stevenhorton
15th Jan 2005, 09:36 PM
I won't be in town tomorrow, so no Sunday burnout:P But, I have a new vehicle ingame:) It is on jerdaygos server in my folder. (Jerdaygo may move it to a different folder if no one has access to mine.) Have fun tomorrow:)

$n][pErMan
15th Jan 2005, 09:39 PM
Well then the sunday burnout will be in my server tomorrow too! :D

jerdaygo
15th Jan 2005, 11:18 PM
I won't be in town tomorrow, so no Sunday burnout:P But, I have a new vehicle ingame:) It is on jerdaygos server in my folder. (Jerdaygo may move it to a different folder if no one has access to mine.) Have fun tomorrow:)
Not sure but you may want to rename it and remove/change the symbol on the front before its added to UW, unless you want to just play with it ;)
maybe the Mushtang or the Moosetang, or just the Tang :D

yes I have it The "Floored, MooseTang"

stevenhorton
16th Jan 2005, 07:01 AM
jerdaygo, I honestly didn't think about the trademark issue until after I posted the download link:P

Diego1203
16th Jan 2005, 02:25 PM
Ok I'm totaly confused, it's almost 2:30pm central time here(-6 gmt), about half an hour after the burnout is supposed to start right? I don't see anyone on any servers and I get a "connection failed" when I try to join Jon's official server. I can join the starlight computers server tho. What's going on? I'm actually around at the right time (I think) but where is everyone?

ProjectX
16th Jan 2005, 02:34 PM
Ok I'm totaly confused, it's almost 2:30pm central time here(-6 gmt), about half an hour after the burnout is supposed to start right? I don't see anyone on any servers and I get a "connection failed" when I try to join Jon's official server. I can join the starlight computers server tho. What's going on? I'm actually around at the right time (I think) but where is everyone?

someones voted for UrbanCircuit(night) and that disconnects people, im gonna try and find the webadmin login details in my inbox andchange it

EDIT: Ok i got username and password anybody know wha the webadmin URL is?

ProjectX
16th Jan 2005, 02:46 PM
Fixed I am your god

JACK SH!T
16th Jan 2005, 10:09 PM
Fixed I am your god
k, 11:00 pm here (EST), Let's RACE !!!!
starlite seems to be down right now, so just look for me.....
might be on the UW server....??? :rolleyes:

Shrimp
17th Jan 2005, 12:26 AM
How'd it go? Any interesting screenies? :D

ProjectX
17th Jan 2005, 01:30 AM
I left an hour later cos it was getting late for me (cnsecutive late nights = bad) and we had some great matches, but I forgot to take any screenshots. oops.

$n][pErMan
17th Jan 2005, 12:58 PM
Ya ... someone voted a bad map on my server last night and it was down till I wanted to play and discovered it was down :( All is good now though!! :D

jerdaygo
17th Jan 2005, 06:18 PM
[pErMan']Ya ... someone voted a bad map on my server last night and it was down till I wanted to play and discovered it was down :( All is good now though!! :D
We need to take the night version of urban out of the list on both our servers

ProjectX
18th Jan 2005, 01:32 AM
We need to take the night version of urban out of the list on both our servers

I wonder what causes that problem?

$n][pErMan
18th Jan 2005, 02:12 AM
^ I dunno ... whatever strange problem cause my game to crash 50% of the time on RC-Adorba (or some map name of that nature)

ProjectX
18th Jan 2005, 02:04 PM
[pErMan']^ I dunno ... whatever strange problem cause my game to crash 50% of the time on RC-Adorba (or some map name of that nature)

I think you mean UWRC-Arborea am i right?

$n][pErMan
18th Jan 2005, 06:10 PM
I think you mean UWRC-Arborea am i right?
Yup .. thats the one.

JACK SH!T
23rd Jan 2005, 09:52 PM
so when is everyone joining again? 3pm est. Sundays?
hummmm thats kinda bad time as i'm usually puttin the buzz on at my buddys....come summer i'll be on my boat chasing bass on sundays.
i'm with Jack sh1t on the east coast (lovely oHIo here lol)....
i'll try and join when i can

JeeP
hehe, We use bass as bait here.... :D :lol: I'm on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. When we go fishing, if it don't weigh 50lb +, we have to through it back lol. Flounder here are 20" or better if you want to eat them :lol:
You ever get the chance to go offshore fishing? What fun that is ;) I hope to get a Marlin this year

*oh yeah, It's sunday, where is everyone????*

jerdaygo
23rd Jan 2005, 10:32 PM
PXs PC is kupoot or sumpin and shrimp has no bandwidth at home till feb, and i just got home :P

JamesBong
24th Jan 2005, 03:00 PM
hehe, We use bass as bait here.... :D :lol: I'm on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. When we go fishing, if it don't weigh 50lb +, we have to through it back lol. Flounder here are 20" or better if you want to eat them :lol:
You ever get the chance to go offshore fishing? What fun that is ;) I hope to get a Marlin this year

*oh yeah, It's sunday, where is everyone????*

must be nice to have an ocean at your disposal. ;)

nope, never been saltwater fishing. i'm lucky to catch a 5 pound largemouth per year, with many 1-1.5 pounders inbetween....(inland lakes) yaaaaaayyyyyy lol

our "growing season" is pretty short up here remember....... :lol:

edit:quote thingy messed up

JACK SH!T
24th Jan 2005, 06:59 PM
must be nice to have an ocean at your disposal. ;)

nope, never been saltwater fishing. i'm lucky to catch a 5 pound largemouth per year, with many 1-1.5 pounders inbetween....(inland lakes) yaaaaaayyyyyy lol

our "growing season" is pretty short up here remember....... :lol:

edit:quote thingy messed up
it is, and the best part is you don't need a licens to fish the ocean :D If the surf is up, or the fish are biteing, this tiny little beach is pretty much shut down.
Even the cops carry a surf rod with them :lol:
This is the best time of year for surf fishing here. Been to cold for me this last week or 2, but going to get back upto the 50's this week. The bird are going crazy just outside of the break up & down the beach. I have a bunch of friend that have been slaying the Rockfish (you might know them as Striper) 30lbs+
Guess you probably don't want to hear we'll be eating oyster, fish, and pit cooked pig over here for superbowl.... :D Or that in the summer, we can keep up to 150 clams/oysters a day. Get cought with 151 and you get a ticket...Considerd commercal at 151

JamesBong
24th Jan 2005, 07:22 PM
snip.......I have a bunch of friend that have been slaying the Rockfish (you might know them as Striper) 30lbs+
Guess you probably don't want to hear we'll be eating oyster, fish, and pit cooked pig over here for superbowl.... :D Or that in the summer, we can keep up to 150 clams/oysters a day. Get cought with 151 and you get a ticket...Considerd commercal at 151

yeah, we have a local lake here with striper in it. along with the illusive Musky. i just fish for the fun of it.... to get out in nature and be at peace. i release 99.9% of everything i catch. i'll be down for superbowl....lol ;)

JACK SH!T
24th Jan 2005, 07:36 PM
yeah, we have a local lake here with striper in it. along with the illusive Musky. i just fish for the fun of it.... to get out in nature and be at peace. i release 99.9% of everything i catch. i'll be down for superbowl....lol ;)
I'll save you a plate ;)
I'll get a few pics of the Rockfish before we clean them

stevenhorton
6th Feb 2005, 04:20 PM
Here's a couple picks of todays burnout. As you can EASILY see I was robbed in the MidnightAir race, what kind of lousy mod is this anyway!!!! ( I am the vehicle at the top of the pic.) :D We had a good time, except that kantham should be removed for excessive winning:P

Kantham
6th Feb 2005, 04:30 PM
:D

this mod is exesively fun online when there is no lag
i would say the best map i have played so far for UWRC are

UWRC-colorado and UWRC-pavilliontrack

lmao ,

horton was kinda , blinded in this curve , he leaved the track and re-cathed it up , then i just got the big idea ''oh yea i will follow him , hehe , nice short .............. WTF lol'' and then i was stuck inside the pink circle ...(on the attachement)

now give him a cookie :p