this map is at version 1.2

this is the upgrade !

==================================================

UPGRADE VER 1.2

* light up to the electrical turrets

* sphere position in the electrical cable

* more cover at the node by the electrial buildings

* limit z-fly for don't crash up to the map

* limit field map by a write "allert leave the field" & for more hard flyers the dead

* for the leviathan up to the bridge autodirectional respawn for more easy drive

* for the external vehicles autodirectional drive

* rewrite the map node for create more importance at the central node

* repositionated the ion painter in the central node

* reposizionated the air strike painter in the node 2

* inside the base rebuilding the path drive node for more easy bot drive

* PaulTex pack included in mylevel map

* ty_rocket pack included in my level map

A Special Tnx for this upgrade at DARKSTAR

==========================================

this is the link of the download

ONS Big Dam Ver. 1.2 -------- 22mb -------- (http://www.computerfan.it/bluwasp/ons-bigdamver.1.2.zip)

This are the shots

http://www.computerfan.it/bluwasp/bigdam1.jpg

http://www.computerfan.it/bluwasp/bigdam2.jpg

http://www.computerfan.it/bluwasp/bigdam3.jpg

http://www.computerfan.it/bluwasp/bigdam4.jpg

please betatesting my map

BigBastard
4th Jan 2005, 06:24 AM
:( :( NO COMMENT NO BETATESTING NO PARTY :( :(

AMmayhem
4th Jan 2005, 11:15 AM
It'll take me an hour to download, but I'll give it a look in the next couple days. :)

sandorski
5th Jan 2005, 01:33 AM
Very nice! Well thought out and very interesting setting. Only found 2 things while playing, 1 minor the other not so minor:

1) A slight SMesh misalignment in the main Red Base. Wasn't in the Blue base long enough to see if a similar issue existed there though.

2) the Map needs optomized or better optomization. In the Bases SMesh Polys exceed 200k. Outside isn't so bad and overall performance wasn't too bad on my setup, but there was some noticeable stuttering in places. I have an Athlon XP 2800/9800Pro/1gb ram, I suspect that thoose with lesser systems will have more pronounced performance issues.

Excellent map though!

Bot_40
5th Jan 2005, 12:17 PM
Well I've just looked at the screenies (don't download many maps nowadays!), some nice stuff but some things seem to be letting it down.
The last screenshot is probably the best, some decent light contrast and colour there, (though it might just be the tex colour, can't really tell too well). The textures seem a bit bland though.
My main gripe would be that the stock static meshes which let it down a lot. Those sphere containers in the first shot and the generators+pipes in the second look completely out of place cuz they have pre-rendered lightmaps (the pipes may not but they still look bad). Even if you did change the tex they would still stand out cuz people have seen them 10000 times before, would be nice to have some custom meshes there instead (I imagine you know what you are doing in that department looking at the dam)
These mesh walkways are also getting on my nerves now I've seen them in every other map :p

From what I can see I think you could really improve the map's look also by simply adjusting the lighting outside, going for a darker look and then having low-radius bright lights around the place, kinda like you have on the side of the dam but more of them and with a higher contrast, it looks kinda dull and plain at the moment, especially with that fog+skybox colour.

A more inspiring map name might also help catch people's attention (considering it's the first thing they are going to see when looking for a map you really need to have something original and interesting otherwise people aren't even going to bother looking at the screens). If I hear "ONS-BigDam1.2" I already know exactly what the map is about and what to expect, a bit boring.

sandorski
5th Jan 2005, 06:51 PM
Well I've just looked at the screenies (don't download many maps nowadays!), some nice stuff but some things seem to be letting it down.
The last screenshot is probably the best, some decent light contrast and colour there, (though it might just be the tex colour, can't really tell too well). The textures seem a bit bland though.
My main gripe would be that the stock static meshes which let it down a lot. Those sphere containers in the first shot and the generators+pipes in the second look completely out of place cuz they have pre-rendered lightmaps (the pipes may not but they still look bad). Even if you did change the tex they would still stand out cuz people have seen them 10000 times before, would be nice to have some custom meshes there instead (I imagine you know what you are doing in that department looking at the dam)
These mesh walkways are also getting on my nerves now I've seen them in every other map :p

From what I can see I think you could really improve the map's look also by simply adjusting the lighting outside, going for a darker look and then having low-radius bright lights around the place, kinda like you have on the side of the dam but more of them and with a higher contrast, it looks kinda dull and plain at the moment, especially with that fog+skybox colour.

A more inspiring map name might also help catch people's attention (considering it's the first thing they are going to see when looking for a map you really need to have something original and interesting otherwise people aren't even going to bother looking at the screens). If I hear "ONS-BigDam1.2" I already know exactly what the map is about and what to expect, a bit boring.

Why commennt on screenshots?

Bot_40
6th Jan 2005, 08:27 AM
Why not? :con:
They are decent screenshots that show large areas of the map so already I can pick up maybe 50-60% of what could be improved visually from just that.

AMmayhem
6th Jan 2005, 01:26 PM
Ok, had some interesting things going on with this map. The first big thing, is I have all my detail set to the low settings in order to get it to run best on my machine, (don't worry, I looked at it in full detail too). But, with World Detail set to low, there was no terrain to be seen, trees were just floating in the air. I have never had this issue with any other maps. I'm not sure what setting you've got different, but people with low end machines would appreciate that change.

Vehicle positions could be a little better, having them spawn right in a path for vehicle travel can make it difficult to maneuver by.

I also got the goliath stuck on one of the entree ways to the core. I bumped into the wall, and the corner of the tank just went into the wall, and I couldn't get it back out, may be some collision issues there.

I'll check it out again, but the thing ran slow on my machine. And I'm short on time right at the moment. :hmm: Otherwise, the map looks great, something fresh for ONS.

BigBastard
8th Jan 2005, 02:23 AM
Ok the map is pubblicated

UPGRADE VER 1.2

* light up to the electrical turrets

* sphere position in the electrical cable

* more cover at the node by the electrial buildings

* limit z-fly for don't crash up to the map

* limit field map by a write "allert leave the field" & for more hard flyers the dead

* for the leviathan up to the bridge autodirectional respawn for more easy drive

* for the external vehicles autodirectional drive

* rewrite the map node for create more importance at the central node

* repositionated the ion painter in the central node

* reposizionated the air strike painter in the node 2

* inside the base rebuilding the path drive node for more easy bot drive

* PaulTex pack included in mylevel map

* ty_rocket pack included in my level map

* lighting up to powercore removed

* redeemer move to the node 1

* adding some blocking volume to the node 3

* adding danger signals in the road

* adding teleport for exchange internal/external side of base

* adding turrets to the node 6 & 7 for more defence

* removed the stone bridge at the node 1 & the entire zone now is a big battlefield with the river Wade

* adding the shield at node 2 & 3

A Special Tnx to all for the support

oosyxxx
15th Feb 2005, 03:19 AM
i haven't tested it yet but i'd just like to say i think you rule BigBastard and one shot reminds me of the Dam map in goldeneye :tup:

roba
3rd Apr 2005, 09:38 AM
Ok, had some interesting things going on with this map. The first big thing, is I have all my detail set to the low settings in order to get it to run best on my machine, (don't worry, I looked at it in full detail too). But, with World Detail set to low, there was no terrain to be seen, trees were just floating in the air.

I have same problem and my World Detail is set to HIGHER. I cant see terrain texture, trees and things are just floating in air...

miguelsilveira
8th Apr 2005, 06:03 AM
Looks nice but the link doesnt seems to work...