are you Bored of ..........?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
ARe you just bored of the gay death sound of Mercenary male / female

anyway , i don't know why , but the DEath sound of UT GOTY never Seems to bored me , it sounds strange :con:

Last edited:

McTank

Apr 24, 2005
Yes the death sounds are a bit repetitive. I can't wait until UT2006 - or even Quake 4. Those games will rock. :D

Lopar-XL

Currently trying to mend my mind, etc.
Jul 8, 2005
USA
profile.imageshack.us
There are ways of making your own death/pain sounds for the game, but it's complicated and requires fiddling with UED, which you all are probably more familliar with than I am. I tried to find a tutorial on how to do this but I only was able to find a bunch of links to forum posts on this subject and other various and sundry scraps of information on that subject scattered throughout the dark, dusty corners of the Internet. I am planning on writing a tutorial on how to do this, and making it a part of a Voice Pack creatiion tutorial (still in rough draft) I already have, but I'm not quite there yet. I was able to make a custom VP with species code that includes death/pain/jump sounds, but I couldn't figure out how to make those particular sounds as loud as the default ones. Check the Read Me for more details.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Cool, but it will probably damage the game and i will get kicked from a Anti TCC server if i use other than default death/pain/jump sounds.