OT: Windows help needed.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RW

Nov 24, 1999
Sparks, Nevada USA
Visit site
OK I asked this question over at the GT forums with no answer so far so maybe you guys/girls know more than the GT folks. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

How do I reinstall windows98 without it wanting to install in a new directory? I mean windows wants to reinstall into a c:\windows001 directory or something like that. Any help would be great.....
All I'm trying to do is install windows over the old install since I have some missing or corrupt multimedia files it seems.

Also anyone know how to get rid of the network sign on thing windows displays at start up (I don't have a network WTF)?

MRHYDE

Blah Blah Blah
Nov 10, 1999
Portland, ME
Visit site
I just did a re-install two days ago, and it just over wrote all the files. Sorry RW, I do not have a windows001 directory. Swearing and carrying on usually help.

MRHYDE

Blah Blah Blah
Nov 10, 1999
Portland, ME
Visit site
Wow, I feel like darth and Obi won...

The student actually helped the master...

lol.

Good to see you RW

[This message has been edited by MRHYDE (edited 04-19-2000).]