PDA

View Full Version : Where is everyone?

(GR)Killer
24th Dec 2004, 06:27 PM
This is like week number 2 and there is hardly anyone playing anymore? can't keep tabs on xmp since i uninstalled it 3 weeks ago but i hear that game is getting alittle more players now

PhatAzz
24th Dec 2004, 06:46 PM
This is like christmas eve...there should be hardly anyone playing anymore...remember this is a beta and the first patch hasn't been implemented yet.

|pure|Destruction
24th Dec 2004, 07:57 PM
people arent playing just cause its xmas eve, people wasnt last night, or the night b4 that or... yea you get the idea. :Poop:

PhatAzz
24th Dec 2004, 09:02 PM
LOL, dude it's christmas vacation man, get a clue. For most schools it started this week monday, so play would have been severely impacted from friday of last week. The few that are playing are those who bother to continue with the beta and don't have holiday obligations at this time - which isn't much.

I haven't been able to play since thursday of last week because I am on vacation in tennesee, but I do have internet access to access the forums.

v3rmm
24th Dec 2004, 10:11 PM
ill be going to my cousins this week-end for a few days, and finnally get away from this dial-up.... utxmp is top priorty :)

Jubei
25th Dec 2004, 04:17 AM
and some us put utxmp on the low priority list as getting drunk and high is definitely more important these 2 weeks.

toky
25th Dec 2004, 06:18 AM
I for one really miss XMP :( Seems like no ones ever playing :( Was watching some of the movies i made and i want too play so bad.

Merry Christmass Free-Monkey Team and thanks! XMP Forever!

:)

MadMan2k
25th Dec 2004, 07:38 AM
UTXMP sucks like it is now, so Im waiting for the Patch and playing FO meanwhile... :(

dutch_gecko
25th Dec 2004, 09:15 AM
Me? Well I just got UT2k4 in my stocking, so you should see me around very soon :D

FurociousFa
25th Dec 2004, 07:50 PM
ohnoez.

dutch_gecko
26th Dec 2004, 06:35 AM
Phear.

.pot.OptimusPrime
26th Dec 2004, 09:54 AM
I sure as heck will keep my hands away from UTXMP until the first patch. And even then Iīll be very cautious. Itīs terribly buggy and barely playeable. But itīs nice that many new kids have come to play olī XMP. Hmmhmmhmm. I think I go countering some turret and gas spam... hmhmhmhmhm.

Emmet Otter
26th Dec 2004, 10:17 AM
Im just waiting for the next patch. It just too damn buggy. And I fear this beta discouraged alot of noobies into following up on this game. :(

Bleeder
26th Dec 2004, 01:30 PM
This is like week number 2 and there is hardly anyone playing anymore? can't keep tabs on xmp since i uninstalled it 3 weeks ago but i hear that game is getting alittle more players now
Well, uh, yeah... there are people playing... the old u2xmp, though. If you guys haven't fired it up for a while, you would notice fewer servers, but probably more players than you would think. Heck, on xmas eve/day, there were more players in u2xmp than utxmp...

(GR)Killer
26th Dec 2004, 07:30 PM
I sure as heck will keep my hands away from UTXMP until the first patch. And even then Iīll be very cautious. Itīs terribly buggy and barely playeable. But itīs nice that many new kids have come to play olī XMP. Hmmhmmhmm. I think I go countering some turret and gas spam... hmhmhmhmhm.

Buggy, yes! hardly playable, no! buggiest map i've played is rampant...i can't play ranger anymore in there...laggy and everything seems 3X's faster...sniping can be easy depending on lag but then u need to adapt.

FurociousFa
26th Dec 2004, 11:04 PM
don't try to put utxmp in some pretentious state, 5 days after it came out hardly anyone was playing it...maybe 2-4 active servers of 50+..

Bleeder
27th Dec 2004, 02:10 AM
Whoa I think Fur and I agree on something. Part of the problem is marketing / PR. U2XMP had a crapload of magazine CD's and reviews, etc. I think UTXMP has had maybe one review? Yes, it's beta, but other mods like red orchestra have had several previews/reviews prior to full release. Relying on the xmp community to publicize the game is not going to work.

fireball
27th Dec 2004, 10:22 AM
There's an XMP community?
News to me.

GotBeer?
27th Dec 2004, 12:21 PM
I just got UT2K4 on Christmas Day, so I'll be trying to play maybe this week sometime. Gotta get a friend with broadband to dl the mod for me. Just so you know, I will be opening the box VERY carefully just in case it doesn't work for me. I also got HL2 and Doom3, shocked the CRAP out of me! The pregnant hormones have made the wife surprisingly generous (that, or she's hiding stuff in her maternity clothes!).

MurderousPandaa
28th Dec 2004, 07:03 PM
I just got back from vacation in TN, and it's so ****ing boring (especially so since I had no internet access) so I feel your pain phatty. Now that I'm back, it's time to practice XMP until my fingertips bleed.

toky
28th Dec 2004, 08:51 PM
U2XMP will always be my Baby! Great memories of the best FPS ever and the realisation that it will never be what it should have been is very depressing.

:(

Gumby
28th Dec 2004, 11:03 PM
Here patchy patchy :D

GotBeer?
29th Dec 2004, 02:43 PM
The pregnant hormones have struck again. Before I even had a chance to install any of the 3 games I got, the wife HID THEM! Says I don't have time to be playing games, and why the Hell isn't her new bathroom done? So I've had some problems getting it done, I'm working on it. At least my beloved U2XMP is still installed...

fireball
29th Dec 2004, 03:40 PM
Wow.
I am so happy I don't need to deal with that yet.

Dragon_Myr
30th Dec 2004, 12:17 AM
I played for a few days after the release and then stopped. UTXMP is still installed but I just don't care for trying to play ranger and randomly appearing to jump up 5 times higher than I should and fall down to my death because of lag. Maybe after the patch I'll come back and play again. I have a unique WIP city map sitting on my HDD too but haven't done anything with it since I stopped a few weeks ago.

...andrelax
30th Dec 2004, 05:34 AM
The pregnant hormones have struck again....
dont be fooled! that's not her it's the hormones playing a dirty trick to test your loyalty. no-one in their right mind would expect you to ignore the 3 most major games of the year (ish) but NOT playing them for her sake is worth 45746014735901745668456901756646806013560608568046890 brownie points i reckon;) here's a deadline to finish the bathroom for: utxmp release!
(coming from a chap who played till wife actually did leave, who am i to talk ..doh)

GotBeer?
30th Dec 2004, 09:36 AM
(coming from a chap who played till wife actually did leave, who am i to talk ..doh)
That actually worked?! I tried, but she got pregnant instead. Wait a minute, I don't remember playing ANYTHING except XMP back in May. Looks like I gotta have a talk with the mailman...

...andrelax
30th Dec 2004, 10:11 AM
:rofl:
nah, it was xmp putting you in the mood. see how wholesome a game it is? :)