PDA

View Full Version : New Marygold Skin

-Tj-
23rd Dec 2004, 09:15 PM
Well, it took a while, but I finally (nearly) finished my first complete skin project! :D At last I have something to contribute to the Unreal Community from which I've been taking for so long.

http://www.theforeverproject.com/random_images/felina_final/felina_ut2k4_final_preview.jpg

A little background info: I've always liked Hide's Marygold model and related skins, but I wanted to create a skin that was my own. After permission granted by Hide to skin his model I went to work. I pulled various style cues from my own 2D works and some model kits created by Kip (mainly this (http://www.e2046.com/trade/productview/2255) model and this (http://www.e2046.com/trade/productview/289) one) and started sketching out ideas. The finished skin is pretty close to the original sketch (http://www.theforeverproject.com/random_images/ut2k4_skin_concept.jpg).

Her name's Felina Haynesworth, a member of an underground group named COABEL that's bent on finding a way to end the Tournaments. It seems odd that someone from this group would actually be a participant till you realize that she's there with the mentality that killing all the Tournament fighters will end the Tournament for good. Of course this is against the will of the COABEL superiors as Felina is acting on her own will.

Team skins are already prepared, and I have yellow and green versions on standby for CTF4. I don't know if I'll include those yet. I'm also pondering the idea of some special color skins. I've messed with her scale a bit, so she's actually a little shorter than her Cat 'sisters'. I may also do a voice pack for her if I have time and am able to.

I doubt I could ever make a living doing this... I'm waaaay too slow. :lol: I think I have about 40 hours in this one over the last 3 weeks, which is utterly rediculous compared to how fast some of you guys here are, but hopefully I'll get faster the more skins I do.

Hope everyone likes her. :)

-Tj-
24th Dec 2004, 12:44 AM
Oops... almost forgot. Here's a link to more screenshots:

More Screenshots (CAUTION: Large Images @ 1280x1024) (http://www.theforeverproject.com/random_images/felina_final/)

The pack is almost done. Submission soon! :D

SaD
24th Dec 2004, 04:15 AM
Nice work -Tj- .

Devil_D
24th Dec 2004, 04:23 AM
Great work -Tj-!
Do you plan to do more skins for the marygold model?

Slaughter
24th Dec 2004, 05:11 AM
Awesome!

Usually i donīt like anime models/skins...but this looks awesome.
And thatīs a pretty nice Sketch too :D

Seyiji
24th Dec 2004, 10:16 AM
Thats one cute kitty skin you have there Tj!

I was wondering when we were going to hear from you again after you requested the sdk's from Hide. I'm looking forward to your LittleEris skin which I hope you will begin working on soon.

Please keep us up to date!

Bofrazz
24th Dec 2004, 03:16 PM
Time well spent my friend. Your end result is a clean anime skin with a nice flow of accent color. Grrr baby. keep at it the more you do the easier it becomes.

-Tj-
24th Dec 2004, 04:49 PM
Thanks you guys, glad you like what you see so far :)

As of late last night I've got 8 skins total (color variants) for the pack: Original, Red, Blue, Green, and Gold teams (for CTF4), a Dark suit, a Light suit, and a suit I've called "Pinky". Each skin has a different color head texture as well. I'm thinking the pack is going to be kind of big, so I might release it as 3 different sets.

I don't know if I'll do more skins for Marygold. I may do facial variants, at most, for now. I want to do a skin for Little Eris, though. It'll be similar to this one in terms of the outfit and possibly the color scheme since I have a little background story going already. :)

Ah, seems I forgot something else, too... Thanks, Hide! Without the SDK I don't know if I would have ever finished. It made things a lot easier to visualize.

I've got more last-minute Christmas shopping to do, but after Christmas I'll post images of the color variants and send the skin packs in your direction, SaD.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

-{SC}- Renamon
24th Dec 2004, 05:50 PM
This is ridiculous, around five thousand female cats and not even single male, is anyone actually working on one?
The cats must be all lezbos.

How do you skin anyway?

-Tj-
24th Dec 2004, 07:21 PM
I dare you to make a male cat skin using any of the available models out there. Also, show me those five thousand female cats. I'd like to download them. :rolleyes:

Believe me, if there was a male cat I'd consider making a skin for him.

If you want to learn how to skin, ask your friendly and helpful Google search engine, or use the links provided on this very page: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=142806

Hide
24th Dec 2004, 08:46 PM
Great work! -Tj-. :)

SaD
25th Dec 2004, 02:27 AM
.....send the skin packs in your direction, SaD.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

\o/ .

Merry Christmas -Tj- .

Darth_Chaos
25th Dec 2004, 04:56 AM
Awesome, I get a sort of street fighter/tekken/ virtua fighter feel here.

Lei Hng Wei
25th Dec 2004, 11:31 PM
Wow! Great job.

eklipse
26th Dec 2004, 08:44 PM
wow, nice job and drawings TJ :), ill definatly get it when its avalible ^_^

-{SC}- Renamon
26th Dec 2004, 10:57 PM
I dare you to make a male cat skin using any of the available models out there. Also, show me those five thousand female cats. I'd like to download them. :rolleyes:

Believe me, if there was a male cat I'd consider making a skin for him.

If you want to learn how to skin, ask your friendly and helpful Google search engine, or use the links provided on this very page: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=142806
I'd love to but I don't have the .PNG or .PSK files nessecary for the model I want to do it for.

The Lezbo CAT Clan. (http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/?section=skins&action=show_infos&id=1948)

Seyiji
27th Dec 2004, 03:14 PM
Your "Lezbo Cat Clan" is one model with 7 different skins thats still a far cry from 5000.

Also since its only one model I doubt its getting any lezbo action from itself unless your playing with bots then all you get is sweet sweet fragging action.

-Tj-
27th Dec 2004, 10:08 PM
You know, for someone with "I hate furry haters" in their sig, aren't you becoming what you yourself hate?

If you wanted one bad enough you'd go and figure out a way to MAKE your own .png and .psk files. If you don't like what I've made, would you mind keeping yourself out of this thread? You don't see me going into your renamon request thread and saying it's a crappy-ass idea.

A big thanks to everyone who likes it :). As promised, here are some pics of the variants. Except for the original color, they are all individually selectable for team or non-team play so you can frag a green Felina or a Pinky Suit Felina as you please.
http://www.theforeverproject.com/random_images/felina_final/color_variants/allvariants.jpg
Larger images can be found here (http://www.theforeverproject.com/random_images/felina_final/color_variants/).

Brief descriptions of the suits:
Original: this is the basic suit assigned to lower-ranking COABEL fighters.
Red: red team variant
Blue: blue team variant
Green: green team variant for CTF4
Gold: gold team variant for CTF4
Dark Suit: a suit colored for darker or firey environments, usually assigned to COABEL special forces.
Light Suit: a suit colored for snowy and bright arenas, usually assigned to COABEL special forces.
Pinky Suit: semi-transparent areas replace the normal colors, for those who like that sort of thing (as going nude is going a bit far IMO, so I don't do 'em)

All that's left to do is complete the portraits and finish up the .upl files. I wanted to do a voice pack but that's going to have to wait. It'll be submitted as a model since Felina's smaller than the other cats.

Without the completed portraits, the ZIP is at 8.22MB. Is that too big? I'm guessing it'll be in the neighborhood of 9-10MB when all is complete. Just a short bit more everyone :).

Seyiji
27th Dec 2004, 10:48 PM
I'm sure most of us can't wait until you get done!

Its been said before but still it should be said again....Great job on the skins :)

daloonie
28th Dec 2004, 10:23 AM
Woah....

I've been away for a few days(my computers mobo is fried :() and this happens nice job there Tj :D
Favors the dark one due to the UEngine's constant gamma probs but still a really nice pack :D

Kid InFeRnO
1st Jan 2005, 06:23 AM
Kick ass TJ the Black and Red is the best

Kid InFeRnO
1st Jan 2005, 06:24 AM
Ok when i look at picture 7 i feel like the Kittys trying to siduce me

Sil
1st Jan 2005, 05:25 PM
whhoops forgot to check here. awesome skin! could you make a purple variant though?

Kid InFeRnO
1st Jan 2005, 09:47 PM
Someone should make a movie like CS militia i think Tjs kittys would be a good main character

eklipse
1st Jan 2005, 10:01 PM
that would be pretty interesting to see =3

Kid InFeRnO
1st Jan 2005, 10:07 PM
I can see it already
Cast:

Bad Guy:SaD
Hero#1 :TJ
Hero#2 :Sabbath Cat
Wanna be hero who always gets in the way: Eklipse
Mysterious guy who helps good guys: Kid InFeRnO
Minions: still pending

-Tj-
2nd Jan 2005, 02:21 AM
Thanks for the support you guys :)

I'm still working on the portraits between holiday celebrations and UT bugs that keep shutting the program down without warning, but it should be done... hopefully tonight.

Kid InFeRnO: haha sounds like fun! :D I didn't know what CS Militia was till I did a Google search and watched it. Good stuff :)

Sil: I may release an update pack for this skin later. If I do I'll add a purple variant, and maybe an orange one to complete the spectrum ;). I may add dark versions of the other colors too, time permitting.

Kid InFeRnO
2nd Jan 2005, 03:22 AM
TJ u gotta see CS Militia II its awsome and some parts are funny plus its longer

Kid InFeRnO
2nd Jan 2005, 03:25 AM
Ok I feel bad that i havnt even started a new skin. I have to use a super old comp so i cant install UT2k4 cuz the graphix card sucks. Where can i download the needed stuff like UPaint or ZBrush? or what ever program u guys use to amke the models and skins

-Tj-
2nd Jan 2005, 03:34 AM
UPaint comes with UT2003 and 2004, on the last disk, I believe. On the DVD version it's on the same disk :P. ZBrush can be found through Google quite easily, I'm sure, but I don't think you need that. Other than that, all you really need is UPaint and UnrealEd to start making skins. If you can get it, Photoshop is very handy, too.

Just finished watching Part 2 when I started writing this... good stuff, even though it was a little confusing. But dang... 5 months to complete... yikes!

Kid InFeRnO
2nd Jan 2005, 03:49 AM
lol "Im not ganna let him die...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" that was the best part also the ending gun fight. Anyway ok so i only need UPaint and UnrealEd **** if my graphix card sucks this much i doubt i can even use the programs. I gotta get my better comp fixed

Sahkolihaa
2nd Jan 2005, 05:24 AM
Well if my GFX card handles the software, including Maya 5 Learning edition (on the DVD disc or disc 6) then I think your PC may be able to ;)

And for the record, I have a 3D Blaster 4 MX420 :D

Sil
2nd Jan 2005, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the support you guys :)

I'm still working on the portraits between holiday celebrations and UT bugs that keep shutting the program down without warning, but it should be done... hopefully tonight.

Kid InFeRnO: haha sounds like fun! :D I didn't know what CS Militia was till I did a Google search and watched it. Good stuff :)

Sil: I may release an update pack for this skin later. If I do I'll add a purple variant, and maybe an orange one to complete the spectrum ;). I may add dark versions of the other colors too, time permitting.
Oooo sounds good. Ive been meaning to get a new skin for myself. im gettin bored of my character lol. lets all pray your UT co operates :D

-Tj-
3rd Jan 2005, 01:44 AM
I figured out one of my spontaneous shut-down problems... never EVER try to put a raw material that has the same name as a different raw material together. If you have a Combiner named "dothis" and a Shader named "dothis", don't be trying to put "dothis" (combiner) into any slot in the "dothis" (shader), else you'll get a shut down without warning and without any errors afterward.

ETA is now a few hours from now... Almost there! :D

-Tj-
3rd Jan 2005, 05:28 AM
http://www.theforeverproject.com/random_images/felina_final/felina_ut2k4_portraits.jpg

Hide, if you're still keeping up with this thread, I need to know, is it's alright for me to redistribute the Marygold animations with my pack? I've made Felina slightly smaller in scale, and I don't know of any other way to adjust it without redistributing the modified .ukx.

Other than that, this pack is complete and ready to upload. I haven't split the pack since the CTF4 patch isn't yet finished, as far as I know. All the skins above are included in the pack, and the pack comes out to 8.75MB. (ouch)

As stated before, I may release a voice pack and update packs for this later on, but right now I have no more time to work on it. Hopefully I can upload this soon! :)

Hide
3rd Jan 2005, 07:15 AM
Very nice portraits! -Tj- :)

Originally Posted by -Tj-
Hide, if you're still keeping up with this thread, I need to know, is it's alright for me to redistribute the Marygold animations with my pack? I've made Felina slightly smaller in scale, and I don't know of any other way to adjust it without redistributing the modified .ukx.
OK. :)

The Helios
3rd Jan 2005, 07:58 AM
I'm with Hide, those pics are awesome!

SaD
3rd Jan 2005, 08:09 AM
Great work Tj . Canīt wait to get my hands on it .

-Tj-
3rd Jan 2005, 08:26 AM
Thanks, Hide. :)
I'll send an email to SaD soon. Uploading the file now.

Sil
3rd Jan 2005, 01:13 PM
The portraits own Tj. Hope they appear big ingame so when you voicechat, they don't appear small and insignificant.

eklipse
3rd Jan 2005, 01:32 PM
indeed, those portraits do own =o~. hurry and post it already SaD! XD

-Tj-
3rd Jan 2005, 11:27 PM
Thanks you guys, and SaD and Helios (sorry, I missed your guys' posts when I posted in response to Hide's). :) It's now uploaded, ready for SaD to download and post. Hope you guys like it, and if there's any problems, feel free to let me know. Here, preferably. Hopefully I covered everything, though.

I'm glad everyone likes the portraits! They took up most of my time over the last week (hence the delay). Though I do wish I had some of that time back, I think they did come out better than I had hoped. :)

Sil: the portraits should show up as all the others do, though I've taken some measures to make sure the portrait images don't degrade at lower texture resolutions. They don't have MIP maps, so they should be sharp at any texture detail level. I never liked how some user skins' portraits degrade when the texture level is set too low so I wanted to avoid that in my own pack. Hopefully this doesn't make a big impact on the systems of players with older graphics cards.

One change I made before I finished it off was the addition of a fixed Original color suit. Before there was no way to keep it from changing to the other team colors during team-based matches, but now it's possible by selecting the modified version.

Sorry for the delay, but I had to leave the house a little sooner than I had expected and I had to cancel today's earlier download. It's been sent to SaD this very moment.

Kid InFeRnO
4th Jan 2005, 04:15 AM
KICK ASS PICS -TJ- and my bro has my version at his house right now and no one will give me a ride so where can i dl UPaint and UnrealEd? Thumbs up TJ. Now I really hopes someone makes a Movie with ur characters.

Looking for UPaint and UnrealEd.Can someone post a site where i can dl the full version

SaD
4th Jan 2005, 09:03 AM
Looking for UPaint and UnrealEd.Can someone post a site where i can dl the full version

I donīt think there is one .It comes only with UT2003/2004 , no single downloadversion.

Edit : Downloadlink Felina @ the Fileworks (http://www.beyondunreal.com/dl.php/skincity/ut2k4/felina_ut2k4.zip) .
As usual , give it some time to get mirrored : Filesize = 9.19 MB .

Sil
4th Jan 2005, 12:40 PM
wohoo! thanks SaD! a few of the links didnt seem to work though but the 4th one works

-Tj-
4th Jan 2005, 04:49 PM
Thank you for uploading it, SaD. I appreciate it :)

Kid InFeRnO: I agree with SaD, I don't believe there are downloadable versions. You can download the Unreal 2 Runtime version of UnrealEd on this page: http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/UnrealEngine2Runtime22262001

I believe the texture format is the same. Do you have UT2004 installed on your computer?

Sil
4th Jan 2005, 08:52 PM
what are you talking about Tj? I think you are over complicating things. I was talking about the download links being down aside from the 4th one. the skin works fine.

-Tj-
4th Jan 2005, 10:13 PM
Oops, sorry bout that :D I meant Kid InFeRnO, about the UnrealEd :P

The Helios
5th Jan 2005, 05:43 AM
I donīt think there is one .It comes only with UT2003/2004 , no single downloadversion.

Edit : Downloadlink Felina @ the Fileworks (http://www.beyondunreal.com/dl.php/skincity/ut2k4/felina_ut2k4.zip) .
As usual , give it some time to get mirrored : Filesize = 9.19 MB .

9.19 MB! Oh, it will be epic if I download it with my 56k modem. :lol:

eklipse
5th Jan 2005, 11:41 AM
yeah, but its worth the d/l :). awsome job on the shaders, i tried to apply something like that with my skin, but i couldnt figure it out >_<;. anyways, shes a perminate resident in my ut folder now :)

Sahkolihaa
5th Jan 2005, 12:51 PM
Is any one else having problems with the portraights? They just show up as this creamy'ish texture (and it's all of them) although all the skins work.

-Tj-
5th Jan 2005, 05:35 PM
Electrolyte, some people over at the Atari forums have been having problems as well. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, but it's likely due to some sort of incompatibility problem that I couldn't have forseen on just my computer. I've emailed SaD to see if he could upload a different version with some fixes included. The pack is huge, I know, but the .utx file itself is what needs to be updated, mostly.

-Tj-
5th Jan 2005, 06:52 PM
New file located here temporarily: http://www.theforeverproject.com/random_images/felina_skin/felina_ut2k4_1.1.zip

Electrolyte, try this version, but note the stuff in the readme file. If you want to keep full team color selectability, you'll need to also install the file from the Extras folder.

Rolling Eye
5th Jan 2005, 10:24 PM
Holy **** dude. That is a very nice skin, great work on it. Hope to see some more of your stuff in the future.

eklipse
5th Jan 2005, 11:08 PM
i cant say why it wouldnt be showing...im not having any trouble with seeing the portraits...could it be a display problem? i know that if you dont have certain things checked on the display tab, certain features cant be seen. maybe you could tweak around with the display tab to see if that could be it, otherwise i couldnt answer your question. >_<;

Sahkolihaa
6th Jan 2005, 02:00 AM
Electrolyte, try this version, but note the stuff in the readme file. If you want to keep full team color selectability, you'll need to also install the file from the Extras folder.

That version works :D

Kid InFeRnO
6th Jan 2005, 05:02 AM
No its not installed on my comp right now.Crap ill just wait till my gaming comps fixed so i can just instal UT2k4 :mad:

SaD
6th Jan 2005, 12:49 PM
Updated Felina @ the Fileworks (http://download.beyondunreal.com/fileworks.php/skincity/ut2k4/felina_ut2k4_11.zip)

-Tj-
6th Jan 2005, 05:58 PM
I dunno why the portraits wouldn't display either... I figured all cards after Geforce 3 would be able to display it just fine, but one guy was saying his GeForce 4MX (or something like that) wouldn't display it. I have a feeling the GeForce 1 and 2 cards won't display it because some of UT2K4's shaders and such use those programmable shader stuffs that the GeForce 3s and up have built-in, but I have no idea why they don't work on a GeForce 4. The fix I did was simply adding fallback textures where I should have put them in the first place. Ah well... my first skin, I'm learning! I'm learning! :D

Thanks for uploading the new one SaD, I really appreciate it. :)

Sil
6th Jan 2005, 10:41 PM
hmm the skins and pack all work fine for me.

Sahkolihaa
7th Jan 2005, 05:53 AM
but I have no idea why they don't work on a GeForce 4.

Mine isn't exactly a GeForce 4, It's a 3D Blaster 4 MX420 (GPU + Memory runs faster, supports Vertex Shaders, and a couple of other things added in).

-{SC}- Renamon
15th Jan 2005, 01:47 PM
You know, for someone with "I hate furry haters" in their sig, aren't you becoming what you yourself hate?

If you wanted one bad enough you'd go and figure out a way to MAKE your own .png and .psk files. If you don't like what I've made, would you mind keeping yourself out of this thread? You don't see me going into your renamon request thread and saying it's a crappy-ass idea.

Without the completed portraits, the ZIP is at 8.22MB. Is that too big? I'm guessing it'll be in the neighborhood of 9-10MB when all is complete. Just a short bit more everyone :).
Well, it is repetitive that there are more than 7 skins for Marygold, soon enough, there WILL be 5000 if this keeps up, make what you want, I don't really mind, I actually like that you are doing something else besides making a bunch of playboy bunny models and skins, now, don't ask me to go look for that one!.

I don't *care* if you go into the rena thread and say it's a crappy idea, I know someone out there will, I'm not making my own .PNG or .PSK files for a coustom model, either, I need to be able to use the original to determine where everything is, then fill that area with one color, shade, add more colors and shade some more for better results, guessing where every single object skin is worthless in my opnion, if you did that then GREAT! Your a skinning GOD!.

frosty
24th Jan 2005, 12:15 PM
Nice on TJ, really like the eyes,

Kid Inferno - you can also get al iited edition of photoshop

-Tj-
29th Jan 2005, 04:00 AM
Yeah, no idea on the compatibility thing. That stuff's so way over my head it isn't funny :p

Thanks frosty, I appreciate the comments ;)

Lei Hng Wei
8th Feb 2005, 07:14 PM
Hmmm... her ears and tail in the dark armor is white. Shouldn't they be grey? Good job BTW.

-Tj-
8th Feb 2005, 09:45 PM
Could have been, and I thought about changing the fur color between the different colors, but I figured hair can be colored, contacts can be worn, but some things (like fur) some people just wouldn't touch. I guess she could color her fur, too, huh? Maybe in another skin pack at a later date. :)

Phantasma
10th Feb 2005, 02:08 AM
Could have been, and I thought about changing the fur color between the different colors, but I figured hair can be colored, contacts can be worn, but some things (like fur) some people just wouldn't touch. I guess she could color her fur, too, huh? Maybe in another skin pack at a later date. :)

I would have to agree, she's more humanoid then she is cat. Felina is kinda a skinned cat and someone missed her ears thats all. I guess you could say she would have been a white fur cat. Its a great model I love the anime look. I was wondering if you could do a Mortal Kombat Female Ninja suit for her or a Necris Skin(outfit don't touch her). That would be awesome. Oh yeah, have you played Dark Stalkers? There is a Character in there named Felicia can you skin Felina to have fur like Felicia and make different colors out of it, I would just die and it would look really sexy too. If you need any pics on Felicia I can get you some 8).

Phantasma
10th Feb 2005, 02:12 AM
Oh and -TJ- your Felina is my favorite model ever. Look at this sig I made of it on my clan message board.

klasnic
10th Feb 2005, 02:29 AM
Looking good :tup: :)

-Tj-
10th Feb 2005, 03:07 AM
I would have to agree, she's more humanoid then she is cat. Felina is kinda a skinned cat and someone missed her ears thats all. I guess you could say she would have been a white fur cat. Its a great model I love the anime look. I was wondering if you could do a Mortal Kombat Female Ninja suit for her or a Necris Skin(outfit don't touch her). That would be awesome. Oh yeah, have you played Dark Stalkers? There is a Character in there named Felicia can you skin Felina to have fur like Felicia and make different colors out of it, I would just die and it would look really sexy too. If you need any pics on Felicia I can get you some 8).

Wow cool, I never thought someone would like my skin that much! I feel honored. :) Nice sig you've made, I really like it!

Right now I don't have much free time so I wouldn't be able to make any new skins right now, but I'll keep the ninja suit in mind. Felicia is actually my all-time favorite character :). If I were to do a Felicia skin, tho, it would be on a new model that's specially made for her. Kinda hard, too... I dunno if I'd wanna see her getting blasted. :p I do want to do a Felicia model someday, though, so maybe you'll see an Unreal Tournament 2005(?) model someday. ;)

I wish I had more time... :( I wanna do so many things skin/model-wise, but not enough time to...

(edit): Excessive use of smileys? :D

Phantasma
10th Feb 2005, 10:24 AM
If I were to do a Felicia skin, tho, it would be on a new model that's specially made for her.

If you did that the hair alone would take forever, and by hair I mean the long puffy streaming out the back of her head. Now that I think about it wouldn't that take up alot of view if your playing a mod that uses 3rd person view?
Thats why I bought up a cat suit for Felina.

-Tj-
10th Feb 2005, 01:37 PM
Yes, normally an exact version of her would have a rather poofy mane of hair that could potentially block a 3rd person view, but there are versions that have less poofy hair. It wouldn't be exactly Capcom accurate, but relatively close. Like this, but slightly different (the ears on this version are part of the headband... not supposed to be that way): http://my.tomy.co.jp/yujinp/img_shohin/4904790933158_b.jpg

Klasnic: I must've missed your post! Thanks for the support :)

klasnic
10th Feb 2005, 03:18 PM
NP it looks great, so compliments are well deserved :D

Sil
11th Feb 2005, 07:39 PM
Are you still working on those new colour variations Tj?

-Tj-
12th Feb 2005, 05:42 AM
Yup, but it'll be some time before I can release it... between school and another project I don't have too much time right now. :(

I keep going back to the Dark version and I really like how that one came out, so I want to eventually release a dark pack with complete team skins and everything.

CaliGirl
20th Feb 2005, 08:24 PM
Those are some great skins/profiles Tj. I am not into having anime style characters in UT series but with how awesome she looks.. I wouldnt mind one bit. :)

[LD]zachsurf1
21st Feb 2005, 02:38 PM
hey tj im thiking about costomizing my own skin any tips its goan be a costummized romulus

Kantham
21st Feb 2005, 02:57 PM
This is not the topic of this thread , if you want to tell someone to help you , you can use the Private message ''tool'' on this forum ,

Apart of this , try to stay on-topic.

-Tj-
27th Feb 2005, 04:11 AM
CaliGirl: thanks! :) I was really hoping it wouldn't look too out of place in the UT world.

[LD]zachsurf1: if you have an image of the UVs to paint on it's really helpful, and it's also very helpful to use UPaint to draw the initial lines. After that it's really all about determination and time. :P Also, check out the tutorial links and such; they're really helpful.

[LD]zachsurf1
1st Mar 2005, 11:52 PM
CaliGirl: thanks! :) I was really hoping it wouldn't look too out of place in the UT world.

[LD]zachsurf1: if you have an image of the UVs to paint on it's really helpful, and it's also very helpful to use UPaint to draw the initial lines. After that it's really all about determination and time. :P Also, check out the tutorial links and such; they're really helpful.ive finished my first skin i need to do the read.me .txt witch i dont know how to do and my name athour and stuff then put it in a zip witch i dont know how to do

-Tj-
2nd Mar 2005, 01:59 AM
I think it's time you opened up a thread of your own and I'll help you out there. Someone's already made note about staying on-topic. I don't mind helping you out, but the combination avatar swipe/thread hijack isn't exactly scoring points with me right now. :con:

[LD]zachsurf1
2nd Mar 2005, 04:46 PM
I think it's time you opened up a thread of your own and I'll help you out there. Someone's already made note about staying on-topic. I don't mind helping you out, but the combination avatar swipe/thread hijack isn't exactly scoring points with me right now. :con:tj i told u im a huge fan of ur skin i didnt hi jack it thats like the best skin ever

eklipse
2nd Mar 2005, 07:30 PM
poor -Tj- :p

Kantham
2nd Mar 2005, 07:44 PM
zachsurf1']tj i told u im a huge fan of ur skin i didnt hi jack it

:con: ........................................ ????????66

Phantasma
3rd Mar 2005, 02:17 PM
Umm being a fan is one thing, making a sig is one thing(like I did)...avatar stealing and now the skin thing.....thats stepping out of line thats starting to become like a stalker. If your really interested in what you say you are express it in another way other then pissing off the creator. use a PM at least, and please don't ever steal anyone's avatar thats a slap in the face.

[LD]zachsurf1
3rd Mar 2005, 03:15 PM
Umm being a fan is one thing, making a sig is one thing(like I did)...avatar stealing and now the skin thing.....thats stepping out of line thats starting to become like a stalker. If your really interested in what you say you are express it in another way other then pissing off the creator. use a PM at least, and please don't ever steal anyone's avatar thats a slap in the face. then how do i make my own ****ing avatar damnit im only 12

Zenodey
3rd Mar 2005, 03:21 PM
zachsurf1']then how do i make my own ****ing avatar damnit im only 12

1st use photoshop or any other photo editing thing 2nd tell the truth when u say ur 12, because ur profile dosen't say the same

Kantham
3rd Mar 2005, 03:34 PM
zachsurf1']then how do i make my own ****ing avatar damnit im only 12

No need to have Photoshop to make avatar . You just need to open MS paint , and paste the image you want , then set the size to 130X130 PX maximum and save as JPG. The file size must not be highter than 14.5ko

Mutt is around this age , and he did somme very great skins and his avatar , so this mean nothing at all.

True that Mutt , his profile says he is 17 (wich in month is more older than me)

So if making avatar is so hard!? , Why would you learn how to make skin(s)?

-Tj-
3rd Mar 2005, 08:47 PM
[LD]zachsurf1, it's like this, man. First off, note that I never said I was angry or anything. In fact, I'm flattered that I have fans like you. HOWEVER, it's common online etiquette to not change the subject of a person's thread. Yes, you've stated that you're a fan of the Felina skin, but you've ALSO started turning this thread into a request thread by asking for help with your personal project.

That stated, also note that I said I'd be willing to help you if you started your own thread... a statement I'm now considering taking back, seeing as you apparently aren't telling the truth about your age AND are also pretty adamant about having not hijacked this thread.

C'mon, man... :rolleyes:

Zenodey
3rd Mar 2005, 09:12 PM
ok guys l around 4 or 5 days till SaD gets back lets let this be :rolleyes:

klasnic
3rd Mar 2005, 11:59 PM
C'mon, man... :rolleyes:

Ditto back to topic people. Thread hijacking is unnecessary and disrespectful to -Tj-.

Anyone wanting to know how to make an avatar/sig or whatever should really start a new thread in General/Off Topic where we'd all be glad to help.

Don't use a thread where authors' promote their work and look for feedback/whatever.

Word! :)

Cantar
7th Mar 2005, 11:07 PM
hay Tj any chance ya gonna make a blue on back vearsion like you done that dark red?

that one pawns ass

Phantasma
8th Mar 2005, 09:19 PM
hay Tj any chance ya gonna make a Red on back vearsion like you done that dark red?

that one pawns ass

What the hell did you just ask?

On another note -TJ- has talked about a armored verison as soon as Hide releases his.

Cantar
8th Mar 2005, 11:40 PM
i asked if he had a blue vearsion of this http://img171.exs.cx/img171/4796/redonblack7kp.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

***EDIT***
lol went back and read what i said and i did say red on black so i fixed it to blue on black sorry about that

-Tj-
9th Mar 2005, 09:06 PM
Yup, when I have time I'll put out a dark pack. I think I mentioned that before. I might even put in violet and orange versions as an addition to the light colored pack and in the dark pack as well.

I dunno if I'll do the armored version anymore, though... I'm almost confident enough in Maya to do a whole new model, so I might try that route instead. I still want to do a skin for LittleEris.

... a little peak into what I have planned... if any of you have read the COABEL story you'll know that Felina's kind of a runaway, a bit of a rebel. She's fighting for the cause, but at the same time doing it against the will of her superiors. You know how that one Elite in Halo 2 was kind of punished for not killing the Master Chief?

:D

Phantasma
9th Mar 2005, 09:19 PM
The little Eris model skin sounds nice, I would like to see a necris style little eris or a school girl style.

The one Elite your talking about, that must be the Arbiter. An I don't recall him being punished for not killing "John". As a matter of fact I don't recall any of that from Halo 1 and in Halo 2 this elite, this Arbiter(there version of a master cheif) was at fault for the holy relic being destoried(halo) and at the same time not stopping the human. So I am assuming Arbiter was the commander back on halo we never met.

-Tj-
9th Mar 2005, 11:10 PM
Yup, the Arbiter (I'm sure he has some other name like 'Zukamee or something), was probably a character that never left his ship. In the Halo book The Flood, there was one Elite that was part of the story, but he was a black-armored Elite who died in the elevator shaft (the long one that you ride after you blow up the core of Pillar of Autumn). I guess I'm confusing the story a little, describing the Elite that was supposed to kill MC, but I mean the gold Elite who was punished for letting Halo get destroyed.

The LittleEris model will end up looking similar in design to Felina. That's a nother hint ;)

Kantham
10th Mar 2005, 12:48 AM
One day , the convenant will want to capture MC alive to make them as in their own clan.

Miko
15th Mar 2005, 03:40 PM
Your Marygold skin Tj is really really cute ^^ i was wondering what she would look like with standard legs and maybe some cute boots on to match the combat suit.

[FnG]Reise
15th Mar 2005, 03:58 PM
Your Marygold skin Tj is really really cute ^^ i was wondering what she would look like with standard legs and maybe some cute boots on to match the combat suit.

^^^ Good idea there heh

Kamunou Hyena
15th Mar 2005, 06:58 PM
I for one wouldn't mind seeing her n00d. 0_o';;

Miko
15th Mar 2005, 08:47 PM
I for one wouldn't mind seeing her n00d. 0_o';;

Somehow i think i saw that comment comming, Im not the least bit suprized. I dont think its a bad idea but maybe on someones private time. I hope to see more work from you TJ. Love Felina enough as it is ^^

-Tj-
15th Mar 2005, 09:49 PM
Hey thanks! I'm glad you like it.

Here's what I want to eventually do... well, similar to this, but with cat ears and an animal nose, and probably not the backpack:
http://www.theforeverproject.com/random_images/crimsonsparrow.jpg
... and considerably less polygons. :) (school project)

Kamunou Hyena, check out the pinky suit ;). That's about as close to nude as I'll maker her.

There've been a few "augh, not another one of these," and, "get a girlfriend" comments I've received at ut200xfiles.com from this one. Kind of expected, but I wouldn't want to let this go past there and fall into smutland like some of the other skins that are being released there (several nude skins have popped up as of late). Let's keep Felina clean ;)

Miko
15th Mar 2005, 09:52 PM
Hey thanks! I'm glad you like it.

Here's what I want to eventually do... well, similar to this, but with cat ears and an animal nose, and probably not the backpack:
http://www.theforeverproject.com/random_images/crimsonsparrow.jpg
... and considerably less polygons. :) (school project)

Kamunou Hyena, check out the pinky suit ;). That's about as close to nude as I'll maker her.

There've been a few "augh, not another one of these," and, "get a girlfriend" comments I've received at ut200xfiles.com from this one. Kind of expected, but I wouldn't want to let this go past there and fall into smutland like some of the other skins that are being released there (several nude skins have popped up as of late). Let's keep Felina clean ;)

I dont think theres to many polys in her. in my opinion anyhow.. i think it would turn out really good with kitty ears and a tail She might look good or even better with fox ears and tail.

-Tj-
15th Mar 2005, 09:57 PM
Actually, there's about 29,000 polygons there (and rising). A lot was wasted on the spherical joints, though, since this is meant for rendering only (smoothing and stuff). Maybe during the summer time. :) I have 2 other models I want to complete as well.

Miko
15th Mar 2005, 09:58 PM
Ok... I take that back..... Thats to many way too many.. too freaking many polys. (i almost said prims as in SL primatives)

Phantasma
16th Mar 2005, 04:37 PM
I like how Miko agrees to everything something about that is funny.

Anyway...what is supposed to become of the theme of that model in early development there. From what your saying it sounds like it'll look like Krystal from Star Fox series. Not a bad thing mine you...is it supposed to be some kind of cyborg or a suit?

Miko
16th Mar 2005, 06:43 PM
I like how Miko agrees to everything something about that is funny.

Anyway...what is supposed to become of the theme of that model in early development there. From what your saying it sounds like it'll look like Krystal from Star Fox series. Not a bad thing mine you...is it supposed to be some kind of cyborg or a suit?

I agreed when i seen a poly count. as for it looking like Krystal. it depends on how you make her build if she goes for a cat or foxgirl look she will be mostly human with ears and tail of the two depending on choice but if she goes more anthro she would have a muzzle and mostlikely paw feet instead of normal feet.

-Tj-
16th Mar 2005, 09:04 PM
erm... well, it should end up looking almost exactly like she does now, except smaller boobs and human legs. Aside from that, just minor shape tweaks here and there. The model above is actually a completely different model, but the general shape is what she'd end up looking like. Just add ears and a tail. Krystal... she had fur, a snout, and was somewhat small. Felina won't look like that. I was kind of thinking this current Felina would be like "she stole the COABEL prototype speed prosthetics... blah blah blah" to cover up for the legs thing. It could work, since the legs on the model actually bend forward first, then behind, so it's not like I'd be working completely backwards. No anthro stuff here. I have an anthro model in the works, but it's really cartoony, much like the Kitty model that someone else did (the black cat with the white hair).

btw, welcome to the boards, Miko :)

Miko
16th Mar 2005, 09:07 PM
erm... well, it should end up looking almost exactly like she does now, except smaller boobs and human legs. Aside from that, just minor shape tweaks here and there. The model above is actually a completely different model, but the general shape is what she'd end up looking like. Just add ears and a tail. Krystal... she had fur, a snout, and was somewhat small. Felina won't look like that. I was kind of thinking this current Felina would be like "she stole the COABEL prototype speed prosthetics... blah blah blah" to cover up for the legs thing. It could work, since the legs on the model actually bend forward first, then behind, so it's not like I'd be working completely backwards. No anthro stuff here. I have an anthro model in the works, but it's really cartoony, much like the Kitty model that someone else did (the black cat with the white hair).

btw, welcome to the boards, Miko :)

^^ Thank you.

Phantasma
22nd Mar 2005, 11:36 AM
Hey -TJ- I want to try to make my own skin of that Felina model, like change the lower torso and maybe even the hair style. Pretty much I want to make a Necris Felina out of it. Can you help me out with the model and later down the road the portrait.

SaD
22nd Mar 2005, 12:39 PM
...later down the road the portrait.

Hey , we have a really nice tutorial-section :D .

Tutorial : Portraits (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=155613)

-Tj-
22nd Mar 2005, 08:51 PM
Phantasma: It would be cool if you could make a Necris cat skin, but the person you want to contact about this is Hide, since the model's actually his, not mine. For this particular skin changes to it would have to go through me, but any modification to the model itself would have to go through Hide. You have my permission to mod the skin if you want, though my help for you might be limited... I'm severely busy at the moment. :p As far as the portraits are concerned, SaD's pointed out a great tutorial. The method I went was very involved, and I had to do a lot of rendering, rigging, and Photoshop editing for each portrait. Basically you just render out the character after posing her, take the pic into Photoshop, then adjust to your taste and separate the layers so that you can take them into UnrealEd for recombining.

Contact Hide about the model, and good luck with your skin :), I'm looking forward to it.

Sil
20th Apr 2005, 08:18 PM
Hey Tj Im curious but have you decided about adding the new colour variations in yet?

-Tj-
20th Apr 2005, 10:18 PM
Sure am :). Actually, I haven't done much for her since school started (January) so I'll probably not update her till the end of this month, after I'm done with my last assignments. I've already started on the dark pack, which will have the dark team variations and a couple of extras like a purple version, and perhaps a couple of 'neat trick' skins that I've been thinking about. I also want to try and get that voice pack together. Keep an eye on this thread next month... I should have more for you guys by then :D

-Tj-
7th May 2005, 11:38 PM
http://www.theforeverproject.com/random_images/ut2k4_felina_darksuit01.jpg

All the textures are finished, now I just need to put the materials together and create the portraits. I'll be done in a week, give or take. :)

Colors included in this pack will be Violet (default), team colors for CTF and CTF4, and two special colors.

Miko
8th May 2005, 12:19 AM
Im loving this new addtion already ^^

Sil
8th May 2005, 01:04 AM
YUS! Purple just what i wanted hehe
great work tj ^^

SaD
8th May 2005, 05:11 AM
Colors included in this pack will be Violet (default), team colors for CTF and CTF4, and two special colors.

:2thumb: . I really like the defaultcolor.

Sil
15th May 2005, 01:56 PM
saw your interview Tj

You planning to do a voice pack now or you are just going to release your new colour skin pack first then include a voice pack in teh future?

Phantasma
15th May 2005, 02:09 PM
Black and silver with silver highlights please.....I would just die. I'm half dead from that last update alone.

-Tj-
15th May 2005, 11:59 PM
I'll probably start work on the voice pack later this summer, if anything. It needs some planning, and I'll have to put some thought into it, but it'll come after the next skin pack release.

I wasn't planning on doing a black/silver version for this release, though I did have a 'gray' scheme that I was working on. I'm going to do a test to see if I like the silver mock-up I whipped together. I'm a little worried the skin will look too monochromatic without the gold accents. Here's three versions. The first is the one I'm currently planning to release, and the other two are tests (potential replacements). The pack is already quite large, so I don't want to release 2 or 3 versions of a gray suit.

http://www.theforeverproject.com/random_images/ut2k4_felina_darksuit02.jpghttp://www.theforeverproject.com/random_images/ut2k4_felina_darksuit03.jpghttp://www.theforeverproject.com/random_images/ut2k4_felina_darksuit04.jpg

Personally I like the first and the third one. The middle one lacks color in the suit and it makes for a very boring skin, imo. The brightness of the gray area doesn't help anything, either.

Here's two more, the first one's got a darker gray area, and the second one uses a new specular highlight and specular mask combination. I really like the chrome-like look of it, and it might well become the basis for the final version.

http://www.theforeverproject.com/random_images/ut2k4_felina_darksuit05.jpghttp://www.theforeverproject.com/random_images/ut2k4_felina_darksuit06.jpg

Phantasma
16th May 2005, 10:23 AM
on the first set of pics I agree with about the 1st and the 3rd pictures. The second set is a hard call but I believe it you take away the gold and make it a white gold of platium color it would look better. A bit silly with gold in my opinion.

In the end I think second row first pic, with white gold or platium armor plate or whatever thats called would look best.

BTW once again you have overwhelmed me by actually having a number of versions of my request pre-made. Can you post a profile pic next if its done?

LeGeNDaRy
16th May 2005, 11:56 AM
Is it normal that your skin is missing a toenail on one of her toes? :)

-Tj-
17th May 2005, 05:50 AM
Okey dokes, that version it is. I wanted to release this yesterday, but I'm still finalizing the last skin (the 'neat trick' one). I haven't gotten to the portraits for them yet. Sorry for the wait! almost there...

The toenail's still there, just cut off at the end of the image. ;)

LeGeNDaRy
17th May 2005, 08:45 AM
No I mean all of them.. her left foor (right if you look at it from your monitor) is missing it's 3rd toe, on every skin pic... Nothing big :P

Slaughter
17th May 2005, 09:42 AM
The screenshots look like theyīre all taken in the same angle.

LeGeNDaRy
17th May 2005, 12:08 PM
Ohhhh sorry! My bad. I didn't realize it was diffrent pics for each skin =/
I thought they were on the same background...
Skins rock :P

Hide
17th May 2005, 09:15 PM
Good work, -Tj- :)

rook_wolf
20th May 2005, 04:35 PM
What program did you use To model Marygold and skin her? What animation tool? If you didn't notice already, I love Furry ^_^. I just want to... like Build a Furry model too... Ive Downloaded all the skins for marygold. Im seriously in love! well... Not like that.. not that way..

I'm New to this posting though... I've Got experience with animation and configuration. Adding vertics and triangles... I've built some models. I've configured alot of the models and Jdoom already...

-Tj-
20th May 2005, 05:58 PM
I believe Hide uses Lightwave to model his characters, however you can use Milkshape 3D, XSI, Maya, 3DS Max, or practically any 3D modeling application to create your character. Skin I would guess is made in Photoshop with assistance from UPaint.

Sorry folks, I've pushed back work on the pack till Saturday while I work on some other pressing issues. I'll probably make it available to SaD on Sunday. I had another neat idea I want to see if I can put in, too.

Glad you folks like it so far :)