[UT99 MOD SuperZombies GameType]Recuitment

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ScrollMaster

SZ Mod Leader
Sep 28, 2004
SuperZombies

I am creating a new gametype for UT99 called SuperZombies. The reason I am using the UT99 engine is because the engine will actaully run on my school computers.

Recuirtment: Animation/UVMapper/Modeler
(not so much concerned about UV Mapping, but it be a bonus if you could)

Coder
(it may be a bit difficult because my game doc isnt set up well for a coder, but youll be working with me to code. you'll most likely know more than me)

Just so everyone knows Im looking for someone who is familiar with 3dMax(hopefuly 6 because that is what im using). Im not nessarly looking for a professinal just someone who can get the work done, and fast because I am moving at a rather fast pace. This is probably also the best time to recuirt someone because since it is Holidays hopefuly no one is tied down with work or school matters.

I am at the point where I realize that my skills in 3d modeling is amature at best and because of the learning curve it is taking longer than excepted to complete these models and have them exported in game and since I am on a deadline that cannot be changed I will have to resort to recuirtment.

Note: Because I never thought I would have to go and recuirt people for my mod There is no external site for this mod yet (which by the way ins't needed in a early stage of a mod) and there is no organized game doc. But for what im recuirting for it is not entirely nessary but I will provide a outline for you to work with.

Alright now I said I dont have a good Game Doc outlined so Ill take the time to explain my game in this thread

This games fundamental concept is to have the user to create a scary atmosphere through game play, and for user team co-operation against one super user. This games genre is trying to breach Horror games into a first-person shooter multiplayer co-op game to create a FPS-H (First-Person Shooter Horror Game)

Our game is to meet the limited requirements to run on our school computers (there very bad computers). The expectation is that anyone with a very poor computer should most likely be able to run this game.

What is the game?

SuperZombies is a FPS-H game, It’s a game which allows user to take turns being the human user, to be equipped with weapons to go up against a mob of zombies that are user controlled, to fight for a high score before the end of the game

Why create this game?

As a gamer, I have always played horror games, and wondered how interesting it would be to be if you were the creature that created the scare factor in the game. This game will allow users to create scare factor, or play up against people who create the scare factor, that will leave people wanting to play our game more because they add on to the environment and the game has a competitive factor that will keep serious gamers playing.

Where does the game take place?

The game takes place in a mildly corrupt version of our modern world (2004), overrun by a zombie outbreak that has been in an existence for a decade. Society has been able to continue living in seclusion or on constant chase from zombies but the ability to purge the zombie outbreak is not progressing. The zombies hunt don’t people in order satisfy there consumption of brains. Just recently the zombies have learned that if they eat the brains of a dead zombie they inherit stronger zombies strengths and become a SuperZombie. The new form of zombie are able to combat better against humans forces, and have destroyed what is left of the humans securities of there homes. Humans only known as the Survivors of the new threat are now scattered in an unsecured corrupt world on the chase by zombies with no force to combat the new threat, trying to live as long as they can.

What do I control?

You can control a Survivor(Human) armed with weapons, or you are a Zombie with a team of other user controlled Zombies, armed with spew of acid, the ablitiy to see in the dark, slow movement, and clawing with your arms. You can become a SuperZombie by eating a dead zombie head

How the GamePlay works?

gameplay

Concept Art for the Weapons

(I dont have concept art for the pistol or knife or axe)
conceptart

(heres the Knife),the angle makes the handel look bjgger than it is, but its isnt dont worry :) >
knife

(heres the Sliver Brista)
sliverbrista

(Human Arm Will need probably need to be fixed up and needs to be bone rigged properly)
arm

More Stuff!
(Zombie with out head or Arms, because there going to blow of ehhehe)
zb_texture

(needs to be rebone'd lol but cool screen shot eh?)
bones

(this is how the hud should look for the Survivor, also ignore the fact the the FPS is a Zombie, thats how we want the Zombie to look lke, the background is completely fake and just photoshop lol)
hud_look

(This is what I got so far for the Hud in game right now Not much eheh)
hud_ingame

Alpha is deadline for January 12th

Ill be working on this mod everyday so there will be work to do asap

you can contact me at rpgab@hotmail.com or Omen.King@gmail.com

or you can contact SnakeKillerX at snakekillerx@hotmail.com

The Help will be much appericated