UT2K4 Demo unable to load

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MyceliuM

Dec 19, 2004
Atlanta, Georgia
Error: "AppName: ut2004.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: engine.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00162db1"

I'm sure you guys have heard of this problem before. I used to never experience this problem till recently. I had to format my system the other day to clean off a bunch of old data along with the hopes of fixing this peculiar issue. So... a couple days ago, I get the internet back which allowed me ot install my current drivers for various hardware.

What I have done:
I'm positive that I have the most updated BIOs which I obtained from www.asus.com. I have went to intel.com and successfully installed the latest drivers for my chipset -- 875P. In the strat menu there's, "Microsoft Update," and it found the recommended drivers for my graphic card. It obtained the latest drivers from ATI.com. I installed them correctly. It says the exact monitor I have on the 9600 Radeon series. I have a ATI Radeon 9600 SE 128 DDR. My graphic card works as expected and has precedented.

Here's more details about my system:

CPU: Intel P4 2.8GHz 800 FSB 512 kb cache
Motherboard: Asus P4C800-Deluxe
Graphic card: ATI Radeon 9600 SE 128 DDR
Memory: 512 (dual channel) 3200 DDR 400 Corsair XMS

I do not get this problem with just UT2k4 but also UT2k3 (full game) and when I attempt to load steam.exe for counter-strike play. Any advise? Jeezzz.. I need it.