PDA

View Full Version : Bug, or bad luck?

ViPER420
19th Dec 2004, 04:32 PM
Dunno if this has been brought to anyone's attention.

I was playing Rampant, online, with some other players. I had about 2500-3000 points. I was trying to defend our base, albeit hopeless, and anyways we had a couple intruders.

Anyways. One of my guys was in one of the hallways (I guess), one of my guys was in the base, and I was there. Then a guy runs in and steals an atrifact. He goes out a different way than he came in, so I toss a gas grenade in there. Well, my guy musta been in there with little health, and I gassed him. I lose whatever points. Artifact holder gets away. So my other guy goes in there and revives him, my gas is STILL in there. So he revives him, the guy dies, he revives him again, dies, revives, dies, revives, dies. Like 10 times. (idiots) Anyways, so every friendly frag is minus points, and they're flying by on my screen. So anyways, I look at my score, and it's -900. Is that fair? I should have got docked for the first one, but nonethereafter, right?

Not sure what to make of this, but yea. Don't bite my head off.

Xaero
19th Dec 2004, 10:10 PM
Thats just part of the game unfortunately. At one point in the u2 version, it was popular for a couple clowns to revive a teammate with a gunner and hit them with the flamethrower right away...repeat this over and over too quickly for the person getting killed to click out.

On the other side, its nice to see people learning how to revive.

MurderousPandaa
21st Dec 2004, 12:36 AM
Not sure how you could possibly think this is a bug. Your gas is killing them, therefore you lose the points...seems fair enough to me. Just slap the fool who keeps reviving.

_Lynx
21st Dec 2004, 06:58 PM
may be it is reasonable to make a fool proof for such "players" Xaero mentioned? so if player revives the same person several times in some given short time he can get points only for the first revival.

Gumby
21st Dec 2004, 07:09 PM
I'd affirm panda and Xaero's points here... Reviving is good - but reviving when gas is around is just silly ;)

Surprised no-one has said "That'll teach you for using gas" ;) :nag:

}Bb{Kirby
21st Dec 2004, 08:49 PM
That'll teach you for using gas.

i personally try to revive in teammates gas so they hopefully learn a lesson, or it could be because they have the most points and reviving gets me more points and in their gas it gets them less points