I'm new - I know noting - I need help!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

VictorOJericho

Dec 12, 2004
I'm trying to create a map using the unreal editor that came with my game. I really just want to know how to place a minigun on my map for now... I can place one - I can test the game - I can shoot it with the AVRIL till it blows up - but then it does not respawn. So how do I make it respawn? I've read a lot of things on lots of sites but I don't get it... I don't know what a "wiki" is, I don't know what a "Pawn" is, I don't know what AS or KV vehicle factories are, in fact I'm not sure how I ever found this website... I'm very confused. Is there a live chat I can go to ask questions like the dunce that I am? I don't even want to mod anything... I just want to make a map. And I also want to know how to put other vehicles into my map like the new ones - the Sicada, the Paladin, and the other mortar thing whatever its called. I pretty much need a "Everything you need to know about building your own UT2004 maps for Dummies" book. So can someone tell me how to do the minigun turret thing the right way?

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
There should be a property you can set to true for the turret, something like bRespawn. Also the ASMinigunTurret (I'm assuming that's what you've placed) may only work properly in the Assault gametype, there are scripts out there that should make it work in any gametype, but I don't know where they are off hand.

The Unreal Wiki is a website full of tutorials, documentation, and other useful bits. It doesn't hold everything, but it comes a lot closer than any other information source on the net.

VictorOJericho

Dec 12, 2004
Thanks Birelli

Hey thanks for the info - I am getting better at using the editor now - I've been at it every night for a week and I'm starting to learn how thing work.

I'd still welcome more support though from anyone who can give me any. I still havn't figured out the minigun thing yet.

I'll be doing more reading up on things in the mean time.

VictorOJericho

Dec 12, 2004
I still havent figured out how to put the miniguns in yet... I also don't understand why my teleporters never work. They work fine at first but after I rebuild my paths they don't work anymore... what am I doing wrong?

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Hit the Build Paths button instead of the Build Changed Paths button.

Also, here's another good resource: http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/WebHome

If you're serious about this, don't give up after a few weeks. It takes a loooong time and a lot of effort to get good at UEd and editing other parts of the game. Good luck.