PDA

View Full Version : Another Forcefield Bug

Skipr
13th Dec 2004, 12:13 PM
Just letting you know the FF's are weak as hell.

As a gunner in U2 it took 2-3 rockets to kill them (or 1 to the pole)

It now takes 1 rocket anywhere to kill a forcefield.

iddQd
13th Dec 2004, 12:50 PM
Also if someone plants walls the player whois planting them can see an extra wall which is only connected to one pole and not between two. Nonone else except he who deployed them can see it.

Naib
13th Dec 2004, 12:54 PM
Also you can stand on force walls, where in u2xmp you would get pushed off them

[DF]phalanx
13th Dec 2004, 01:59 PM
i dont see the point in forcewalls anyway
they are free points

cyb
13th Dec 2004, 02:05 PM
phalanx']i dont see the point in forcewalls anyway
they are free points

if placed correctly they slow down people, that's their purpose.

another thing: forcewalls and turrets do not seem to selfdestruct when there is not enough teamenergy. this made me lose a map on energy while 2 generators were under control of my team. the missing deployable-counter did the rest, so you couldn't even realise the turret/fence-spam until after it was to late.

Naib
13th Dec 2004, 02:29 PM
another thing: forcewalls and turrets do not seem to selfdestruct when there is not enough teamenergy.

I tested this after that map we played, and it correctly. Not sure why they didn't blow up that time. I will have to have a play round and see if I can repoduce the bug.

Skipr
13th Dec 2004, 02:32 PM
FF's point is to slow the enemy down or to know where they are attacking from.

Emmet Otter
14th Dec 2004, 12:13 PM
Ive noticed force walls beams go through walls or just hey travel out into nothing(no planted force wall at the end)

Also, they activate to slooow. I had a ranger run right through and grab an arty when it was taking it sweet graphical time to activate the beams. In U2, it was quicker. I hope it wasnt intended this way.

Mercenary
14th Dec 2004, 12:51 PM
Main issue with forcewalls is 1 EMP can take out a whole row.

fireball
14th Dec 2004, 01:46 PM
You can also just ram the thing with a Raptor and keep going (yeah it knocks you to 0 speed but the wall dies and you live)

AshTrai
14th Dec 2004, 01:47 PM
Main issue with forcewalls is 1 EMP can take out a whole row.

as can 1 rocket. I have taken out like 6 posts in 1 rocket shot into the middle of the beams (not the actual poles) before...