PDA

View Full Version : effects that might be tuned

MadMan2k
13th Dec 2004, 09:11 AM
I know that this is not important at all, but perhaps the effects dude has nothing to do, while the others are reworking the HUD :D

- could you add that corona glow to the flames (flamethrower, raptor boost) again, it looked awesome
- the assault rifle secondary looks actually cheap, so it could need at least a size up
- the viehicle burn effect is too small IMO - the old one looked cooler and was better visible
- a deployable highlight via texture
- the hacking ray should follow the mouse and consist of several diffuse rays instead of that round one

AshTrai
13th Dec 2004, 09:44 AM
wonder what the hacking ray would look like if it didn't have that opaque green tube thingy... and only the green "nanolathing" bits n bobs (yes i wasted many a day playing total annihilation :D). I think it could be a change for the better :)

Speaking of the hacking graphics,
-why is it that when ur offline, whatever ur hacking has a green blob covering it that pulses in and out but online doesn't?
-why does the hacking graffic not display correctly at times? (comes out from the side of u etc)

[DF]phalanx
13th Dec 2004, 12:11 PM
yea and the rocket crosshair follows the rocket offline too pretty cool

MadMan2k
13th Dec 2004, 05:05 PM
what also would be cool is a transparent windshield for the raptor
or at least a specular map for it :)

FireCrack
13th Dec 2004, 11:57 PM
the hacking effect, even when it displays properly, looks weird. it looks like it's coming out of my crotch or somthing, should look like it's oming from a shouldur or somthing less weird

Kyllian
14th Dec 2004, 02:34 AM
That's pretty much the way it looked in U2XMP
Except it looked more like you were taking a piss on whatever you were hacking(the effect looked like a spray)

MadMan2k
14th Dec 2004, 11:39 AM
also it would be nice if youd add some moment of inertia to the exhaution particles of the raptor so they float in turns.
Because it actually is very obvious that they are statc build to the model.

Diab
14th Dec 2004, 12:27 PM
Would be nice if blood spray was a bit easier to spot from a mid range, magnum/pistol shots ard hard to tell if they hit or not since the game is fast paced.