Voteable Maplist ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

utw-Mephisto

Guilty
Nov 20, 2004
Gibraltar
I am just wondering. Is there actually an option or setting which enables me to vote for different Map - sets ?

What I mean is : we have LOTS of maps on our server which is quite overwhelming for some people .. It would be great if you could vote e.g for Standard Maps, Custom Maps, Clan xyz Maps and so on ??

Any idea ?

sh0V3l

Oct 23, 2003
the only way that will come close to doing that is to use gamemake and make additional gametypeclasses for example you could make dm maplist one and set it to UseMapList=true then when that game is voted you would use the maplist u created for that game but theres no way to see that maplist until that game is voted and passed

utw-Mephisto

Guilty
Nov 20, 2004
Gibraltar
Ok, that makes sense. Same like I change the Game to ONS and I get only ONS Maps ....... Don't I have to change maybe the Prefix, like DM, Std, Cust or whatever ?

But thanks, nice Idea .....

sh0V3l

Oct 23, 2003
with game make you can name it whatever you want doesnt maytter you could call it anything "my dumb game" the dm part doesnt matter

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
Yepper, that's the way to go.. name your custom gametypes as "ONS Custom maps", "ONS Clan maps", etc..

I know.. a late hit after the whistle, just thought I would help clarify.

utw-Mephisto

Guilty
Nov 20, 2004
Gibraltar

Well, kind of task I tell yea :) Would be great if this would be kind of a build in thingi ...

But well. ... this is for sure a great solution anyway :)

utw-Mephisto

Guilty
Nov 20, 2004
Gibraltar
Ok, I tried that.

But : I think in scripting I am more then a noob :)

There my questions :

I have created a new Gamtype with GameMake3 called StandardMaps.

Ok, it now created a folder Deathgame and beneath that Classes.

1. Question : I assume the folder including the subfolder has to go in the ut root folder ???

To be able to use voteable maplist, I understand that I have to set in the Gametype UseMapList=False to True ... right ?

So, now I think that as maplist the file MapListDeathgame.uc will be used (the one within the folder Deathgame\Classes), or not ?

If so, what exactly (besides the map names of course) has to be in there ?

Code:
// Default MapList for: Deathmatch on Standardmaps

class MapListDeathgame extends MapList;

defaultproperties
{
    Mapnum=0
    Maps(0)="DM-Antalus"
}

Ok, obviously the map name without extension ??

What means Mapnum=0 and Maps(0)= ???

Any help is HIGHLY appreciated

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
hmm, afaik, if u set usemaplist=true, it will use the maplist you defined in your ut2004.ini. As soon as you start your new gametype and there is no maplist, it will define one from the default-maplist. Then you can edit that new one.