PDA

View Full Version : Turret rotation issues when switching seats in Juggernaut

Birelli
12th Dec 2004, 10:13 PM
As far as I can tell, the rotation of the turret when I switch between first/second seats on the Juggernaut is a bit off. I go to gunner, fire at something, switch back, and the representation of my turret looks right (pointed at what I was firing at), but when I switch back to gunner again the turret isn't where it was before. I just noticed this when switching a few times, so I don't have exact details, but I'm willing to guess it's something like a 180 degree rotation from where the gun was last pointed, or even always straight back. I suppose this should be noticeable as a quick snap in direction from outside as the 3rd person orientation of the gun doesn't seem to be off or anything, although it's impossible to tell for sure from the gunner seat.

I observed some of the other bugs people have reported, but other than that things were working nicely. I'd forgotten how much I loved XMP really, although it'll be more fun once things are more stable, so keep up the good work :)

Dubious
12th Dec 2004, 10:51 PM
Yes, this is true. The vehicle turrets are currently not being handled separately from the driver position as far as view goes. There needs to be some work in this area. I will add it to the list.

[DF]phalanx
13th Dec 2004, 09:13 AM
o yea and while on the jug
i was playing a bot game and the bot was using the machine gun on a full rotation (i was behind jug and getting shot at by machine gun on front)

AshTrai
13th Dec 2004, 09:22 AM
yea u can do that urself.... its not limited to the bot. The machine gun has a full 360 shooting capability

[DF]phalanx
13th Dec 2004, 12:02 PM
which is kinda dumb cos u shoot through the jug ;/

AshTrai
13th Dec 2004, 05:41 PM
yea it is a bit. I suspect that will be altered in the next patch...