PDA

View Full Version : Gamespy, etc. not getting the full story?

togmkn
12th Dec 2004, 01:34 PM
Is it just me, or are the big gaming websites making it sound like UTXMP is original to UT2004 or what? By reading their reviews, it seems like they've never heard of the original U2XMP. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong.

Jubei
12th Dec 2004, 01:38 PM
xmp is a cultgame only loved by those that appreciate skill,balance and gameplay above all others.

SubCog
12th Dec 2004, 01:53 PM
hey, anything that's gonna attract people. I'd love to see xmp overtake onslaught (yeah right).

Xaero
12th Dec 2004, 02:23 PM
hey, anything that's gonna attract people. I'd love to see xmp overtake onslaught (yeah right).

Actually, I think it could.

Raden
12th Dec 2004, 05:32 PM
No mod has ever done THAT well. This won't be any different at the rate we're going.... 55 servers, and 10 populated ones. :(

On the plus side, this is already more servers than most mods get, not to mention it's even more than U2XMP has. :D

Xaero
12th Dec 2004, 07:00 PM
hehe neme, i know its a futile dream, but one can hope, right?

caff
13th Dec 2004, 01:16 AM
No mod has ever done THAT well.

Counter Strike?

(i fully understand if i am banned for this post)

Xaero
13th Dec 2004, 01:25 AM
OMG! HE SAID CS! I SHOULD BAN HIM.

hehe... I play CS:S...actually...I think I'm better at that....

AshTrai
13th Dec 2004, 01:39 AM
It will in time ;) ... when a bug patch and a newby tutorial guide (like the 1 in the original U2XMP which outlines the point of XMP and explains ALL the gameplay) get released.

Xabora
13th Dec 2004, 01:47 AM
<3 XMP

PRG
13th Dec 2004, 02:00 AM
At this point, it's doesn't matter whether it's original to 2k4 or not. U2XMP got ZERO support from Atardi, no wonder nobody knows better. Who cares: we get more people. In the end, the more people we get, the better the XMP community is.

Dandeloreon1984
15th Dec 2004, 12:53 PM
very very true, prg... maybe they will be lucky enough to have atari integrate the mod into ut2k5 or w/e is released next, after all, that is what happened to CS, maybe our beloved xmp will have the same ;)

Mantik
15th Dec 2004, 01:03 PM
very very true, prg... maybe they will be lucky enough to have atari integrate the mod into ut2k5 or w/e is released next, after all, that is what happened to CS, maybe our beloved xmp will have the same ;)

If XMP gets incorporated into 2K* or whatever else is next, that means it's back in the hands of Atari and not FMI.

F that. F that hard.

AshTrai
15th Dec 2004, 01:08 PM
indeed mantik, i dont like that idea 1 bit :s

SweetTooth
15th Dec 2004, 02:45 PM
i second that... unless the FMI guys were brought in to assure quality control... i mean i think Atari did a great job with UT2004 but they didnt give enough love to some things... like Asault... but if XMP ere put into an offical version i see it getting about as much love as Asault... so i cross my fingers hoping it does not and FMI stays true to the course of making a kick ass pseudo mod/port or whatever you want to call it...

[pet]sparrow
15th Dec 2004, 03:26 PM
OMG! HE SAID CS! I SHOULD BAN HIM.

hehe... I play CS:S...actually...I think I'm better at that....
[/mod]

Mantik
15th Dec 2004, 03:28 PM
Leave that in the old forums.