PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT: Class selection staying on screen

IndianPsycho
11th Dec 2004, 10:22 PM
Alot of people are getting this "bug", but it's not an actual bug.

You can make the class select menu go away by pressing F3.
If that doesn't work, go to Settings --> Input --> Configure Controls, scroll down to the HUD section, and bind "Class select" to a key. After that, try it again.

Richteralan
11th Dec 2004, 10:34 PM
I never encountered this

Skatcher
11th Dec 2004, 10:45 PM
i have it binded to f3 and i still get the bug... :con:

FireCrack
11th Dec 2004, 10:46 PM
i dont have any new keys to bind in settings

IndianPsycho
11th Dec 2004, 10:47 PM
There IS a bug with it staying on if the map switches while it's on, but the majority of bug reports regarding this are by people who don't know that there's a key to toggle it -- mostly 2K4 players who've never played XMP and so don't know the hotkeys.

IndianPsycho
11th Dec 2004, 10:47 PM
i dont have any new keys to bind in settings

In your UT:XMP settings menu (Settings --> Input --> Configure Controls)

Raden
11th Dec 2004, 11:14 PM
Alot of people are getting this "bug", but it's not an actual bug.

You can make the class select menu go away by pressing F3.
If that doesn't work, go to Settings --> Input --> Configure Controls, scroll down to the HUD section, and bind "Class select" to a key. After that, try it again.
Thats great but what's the INI say?

F3=(the thing that makes the class select thing go away)

FireCrack
12th Dec 2004, 02:58 AM
In your UT:XMP settings menu (Settings --> Input --> Configure Controls)

yup, doid that nothing there

in addition f3 is default bound to the MVP scoreboard for me.

IndianPsycho
12th Dec 2004, 08:13 AM
Thats great but what's the INI say?

F3=(the thing that makes the class select thing go away)

ToggleClassSelectMenu

yup, doid that nothing there

in addition f3 is default bound to the MVP scoreboard for me.

That is very weird. Did you use the INIs that came with UT:XMP?

fireball
12th Dec 2004, 08:37 AM
Mine is bound to the MVP screen as well. Haven't touched the inis yet.

Echelon
12th Dec 2004, 10:42 AM
in my case i encountered the bug with default key bindings, but got it fixed with binding them to other keys

twktwk_
12th Dec 2004, 10:46 AM
The "Class select" bug isn't fixed by binding a key and pressing it. When you press the key the "class menu" gets dimmed but when you press the 1, 2 or 3 key again it gets active again. The only way i found arround this bug is to simply quit xmp and restart it.

PhatAzz
12th Dec 2004, 10:58 AM
As above, if you bind the toggle to a key, it still stays on the screen. Making it impossible to change weapons via keystroke, making it impossible to switch positions in a vehicle.

ViPER420
12th Dec 2004, 01:11 PM
The "Class select" bug isn't fixed by binding a key and pressing it. When you press the key the "class menu" gets dimmed but when you press the 1, 2 or 3 key again it gets active again. The only way i found arround this bug is to simply quit xmp and restart it.

Agreed. I suggest trying to get around this by binding 1,2,3, weapons to 4,5,6 or something. Although I have not tried it yet.

twktwk_
12th Dec 2004, 05:53 PM
Thanks, i'll get on remapping my keys ;) A tip: don't wildly or repeatly start pushing buttons or mouse buttons when you die. If you just wait or press a single left mouse button then everything goes oke, no strange class menu. It only appears when you're a bit angry when being killed and start clicking the mouse buttons.

When clicking mouse button like a angry men it is also possible that the keyboards stops functioning (esc etc are working, but you can't join the game anymore).

FireCrack
12th Dec 2004, 07:28 PM
I actualy found the cause for this was having the class select menu up when the next map loads.

anyways, is there anywhere with a list of the commands that we should bind the keys to (the exact command names, so we can enter in ini and use 'set input xxx yyy')

And i used the installer, not the zip.

edit: nevermind, saw edit in keys thread

I suggest you check the installer because i'm not the only one that has this problem.

edit2: this is definitly a ug, pressing f3 with the bugged class selection up brings up another class selection over it.