Comments

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richteralan

ºØmníºRadium
Feb 6, 2004
Oberlin
Firstly, thanks free monkey for their efforts in this great total conversion pack.

As a xmp veteran, here's what I found in utxmp:

1. physics are different. tech jump lower than before. and the whole game is much slower in pace, especially when dodging.

2. gunner rockets do much more health damage(rather than shield) now. it can even kill a gunner with 3 rockets splash damage. This is too unbalancing.

3. pistol....... :lol:

4. sniper rifle too short in range. that'll make it lost it's advantage.

5. flame thrower now doing too little damage and it can hurt yourself??

6. map/graphics glitches here and there...(I'll try to post here later)

7. shotguns now in flak cannon style which is no good, especially for the alt-fire char. the damage level is very good now.

8. shock lances seems doing too little damage on vehicles. (or vehicles became tougher??)

9. smoke nade release too little smoke/gas nade release too little gas(i'm not a gas whore :D )

10. finally, at the moment, i can't use gunners to do landmine jump and laser strip mine jump :( :D

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
Richteralan said:
2. gunner rockets do much more health damage(rather than shield) now. it can even kill a gunner with 3 rockets splash damage. This is too unbalancing.

As well as doing more damage, it's got a wider splash damage radius. One or the other might have worked ok, but with both they seem too overpowered

Richteralan said:
5. flame thrower now doing too little damage and it can hurt yourself??

While I do agree that the damage is too low, I like the way it's more consistant than u2xmp. The old flame thrower would sometimes kill instantly, other times do very little damage

Richteralan

ºØmníºRadium
Feb 6, 2004
Oberlin
Naib said:
As well as doing more damage, it's got a wider splash damage radius. One or the other might have worked ok, but with both they seem too overpowered

While I do agree that the damage is too low, I like the way it's more consistant than u2xmp. The old flame thrower would sometimes kill instantly, other times do very little damage

for the rockets, I suggest wider splash damage radius is better than more damage. the original damage value is already enough.

the old flame thrower can only kill instantly if your enemy is VERY close to you.

Richteralan

ºØmníºRadium
Feb 6, 2004
Oberlin
just found:

the 2 jump shafts in Alcazar now very difficult to use.
and you can't jump up the shaft using those steps in there.

BaRrOw

DA HOOCH!!
Jan 23, 2004
www.dark-democracy.com
As detect refered to, the fact that there is no per-particle damage system in UT2K4, I believe the problem with rockets stems from the fact that the very edge of it's splash does the same damage as the core of it, due to engine limitations. Thus, it's probably not a matter of the damage being bumped up, but rather that there is no more "sweet spot" you have to hit dead-on with.

Also, the hit-box of the rocket in mid-flight seems smaller now... despite the lower ping and faster rockets, it feels harder to mid-air with them. (Neither a bad nor good thing, simply an observation.)

FireCrack

May 25, 2004
[pet]sparrow said:
As detect refered to, the fact that there is no per-particle damage system in UT2K4, I believe the problem with rockets stems from the fact that the very edge of it's splash does the same damage as the core of it, due to engine limitations.

there is no such engine limitation.

Richteralan

ºØmníºRadium
Feb 6, 2004
Oberlin
[pet]sparrow said:
As detect refered to, the fact that there is no per-particle damage system in UT2K4, I believe the problem with rockets stems from the fact that the very edge of it's splash does the same damage as the core of it, due to engine limitations. Thus, it's probably not a matter of the damage being bumped up, but rather that there is no more "sweet spot" you have to hit dead-on with.

Also, the hit-box of the rocket in mid-flight seems smaller now... despite the lower ping and faster rockets, it feels harder to mid-air with them. (Neither a bad nor good thing, simply an observation.)

I remember FMI said although there's no per particle damage in ut, they have a work around.

also the rocket is faster now so that's why you can't hit mid-air.

Status
Not open for further replies.