PDA

View Full Version : Big Squares!!

[_X_]DJBRIAND
11th Dec 2004, 02:57 PM
These big squares only appear in this map,Does anyone know what is goin on?

Plus when I start to run on this map the whole screen flickers,sometimes disappears completely and I can still hear everything goin on.

Could it be my Geforce 4 graphics card?

Thanks for your help.

http://uk.geocities.com/bonzai4eva/mini-mini-Shot00001.JPG

Reeps
11th Dec 2004, 03:12 PM
Hm, those squares look like they are coming from the light glows on those lamps. Is it only on the blue/red specific side? I've never seen that before...

RaptoR
11th Dec 2004, 03:14 PM
GeForce4 MX or Ti?

If you're using a MX card, it's possible that the lack of pixel shader support is somehow causing other textures to display incorrectly (coronas are regular textures, not pixel shaders).

What's more likely is that this is caused by video memory corruption, which is symptomatic of a damaged/overheating card. Have you noticed problems in other games, or just UTXMP?

It's also possible that you got a bad (corrupted) texture or map file, though if this was the case it's more likely that it'd just crash or give you a mismatch error.

[_X_]DJBRIAND
11th Dec 2004, 03:19 PM
Geforce 4 MX 440,and it wasn't related to any specific side Jaspeer.

/edit No Raptor I haven't had any probs with other games just happened last night for the first time on UTXMP.
I haven't touched any of the settings either.

RaptoR
11th Dec 2004, 03:23 PM
The MX series lacks pixel shader support, which UTXMP requires in order to display some textures correctly... what's strange is that the corona texture isn't a pixel shader, yet that's what appears to be corrupted. Again, is this just XMP, or are other games giving you problems?

[_X_]DJBRIAND
11th Dec 2004, 03:25 PM
No Raptor I haven't had any probs with other games just happened last night for the first time on UTXMP.
I haven't touched any of the settings either.

RaptoR
11th Dec 2004, 03:26 PM
Try deleting UTXMP and reinstalling, and if that doesnt work maybe redownloading?

[_X_]DJBRIAND
11th Dec 2004, 03:30 PM
OK Thx mate I'll try reinstallation first:)

Dandeloreon1984
11th Dec 2004, 04:03 PM
try disabling corina's, if it continues... after all, that will get rid of the problem.

[_X_]DJBRIAND
11th Dec 2004, 05:08 PM
I disabled corona and the squares were gone but I was still getting the flickering hud,trees,bridges,etc and my weapon.I also reinstalled and re-downloaded and reinstalled,but still the same,here is some pics of what is happening,btw it only happens on "MurkyWoods"

Pic 1 is when I'm walking forward toward the big tree just outside the base,and pic 3 is what happens when I get closer to it.Pic 2 is a rocket firing.Pic 4 is the sky.

No settings have been touched.

Bleeder
11th Dec 2004, 10:44 PM
That 4th one seriously looks like what happened to one of my old cards when I overclocked the memory too far.

Dandeloreon1984
12th Dec 2004, 12:09 AM
try disabling the weather effects... or try increasing the video aperature size.

[_X_]DJBRIAND
12th Dec 2004, 05:23 AM
I haven't overclocked Bleeder (don't even know how LOL).

Thx Dandel,but what is the video aperature and how do I work it :)

Creig
12th Dec 2004, 06:52 AM
video aperature is in the bios setting. It should be under Advanced Chipset Options in Award/Phoenix bios and under Chipset Features Setup in American Megatrends bios.

[_X_]DJBRIAND
12th Dec 2004, 07:19 AM
OK Thx Creig,but I ain't touching any of that stuff LOL,the last time I touched bios stuff I had to reformat my two HDD's and I lost a bucket load of files,
Looks like I'll just have to steer clear of Murky Woods until I do enough busking/hawking to buy a new vid card LOL.

Thx to all you guy's for your help tho I appreciate it very much.

Cheers.