Reply here if you think FHI should stay

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
For those of you who don't know, recently there have been a series of miscommunications. This resulted in a series of bad things.
First is the tension. The community and team don't get along the way they should imo. Please remember; make love, not war ;)
Secondly and most importantly is the fact that LightBringer (also known as DeathAdder or SillyRabbit) has decided to take Fraghouse Invasion off of his server. This really breaks my balls to say the truth folks.

LightBringers server is without a doubt the most populated and fun server to play on. Just to clear things up; No, you're server does not make us emberassed or disappointed or whatever you think. Really, we would rather be disappointed when there are 0 servers and such. Just to see 12 people playing and liking our mod makes it all worth while.
All we did make are some suggestions, like going easy on the deemers and such. This doesn't mean that if you don't do it that we do not want you to run the server anymore. You do have the right to run it the way you want, and it would really, really be a shame to lose it over a few misunderstood words.

So, that's way I wrote this *cough* convincing *cough* piece of text, because I really do not want it to go, nor does Dark_Dust, nor does Parser, nor does anybody.

And therefor I call on the people! The men and women playing on his server, enjoying what we do, to press that reply button, and share with us how you agree with me because I am such a charismatic person and it would be such a waste to let it go!

Now go and reply!

T-1

DFGHIDFJ
Jun 9, 2004
I don't ever play anything online, but what the hell, I'll sign it anyway.

DeathAdder

a.k.a. LightBringer
Jul 8, 2001
north carolina
Visit site
Are you sure? I get this feeling that you don't like the manner the mod is being used. I felt like I was hanging your masterpiece painting in the bathroom. Are you absolutly sure that you don't care that the Monalisa is in the pooper?

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
DeathAdder said:
Are you sure? I get this feeling that you don't like the manner the mod is being used. I felt like I was hanging your masterpiece painting in the bathroom. Are you absolutly sure that you don't care that the Monalisa is in the pooper?

A mod can hardly be compared to a work of art. To us, making the mod was just a bit of fun. When a server runs the mod, it's a nice gesture. Do what you want to do, but don't think that we resent the mod being on your server.

DeathAdder

a.k.a. LightBringer
Jul 8, 2001
north carolina
Visit site
I'm not mad or anything. I just felt that I shouldn't load a mod that is considered abusing and misusing it. I try to do what I can for the ut invasion community. However, the time you have spent with your mod I respect. And I was only going by your comments to give back the mod it's "honor" (can't think of a better word) by not being setup in a way contradictory to your expectations.

You've done a great job on your mod. But, I really like RPG and it is on my server to stay. It's unfortunate that both systems can't get along nicely, but RPG is higher priority for me. And RPG takes a lot away from your FHI as you have mentioned. So, I could understand your opinions. But, the only recourse was to remove it. Again RPG is here to stay on my server.

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
DeathAdder said:
I'm not mad or anything. I just felt that I shouldn't load a mod that is considered abusing and misusing it. I try to do what I can for the ut invasion community. However, the time you have spent with your mod I respect. And I was only going by your comments to give back the mod it's "honor" (can't think of a better word) by not being setup in a way contradictory to your expectations.

You've done a great job on your mod. But, I really like RPG and it is on my server to stay. It's unfortunate that both systems can't get along nicely, but RPG is higher priority for me. And RPG takes a lot away from your FHI as you have mentioned. So, I could understand your opinions. But, the only recourse was to remove it. Again RPG is here to stay on my server.

The opinions vary depending on the team member. Dust obviously feels quite strongly about how RPG allows higher level players completely own the server, but it's his opinion. Even though I may or may not agree with his opinion, in no way are you ruining the "honour" of the mod or abusing it. I really don't see how you can abuse a mod just by running other mods/mutators with it.
RPG doesn't take a lot away from FHI, it's just that because of the nature of some of the weapons in FHI, it allows higher level players to spam the map with them. I've more or less fixed this in v4 so that RPG and FHI can co-exist more peacefully.

If you want to take FHI off your server then that's fine, but if you're doing it on the grounds that you're "abusing" the mod, then that's just silly. :)

DeathAdder

a.k.a. LightBringer
Jul 8, 2001
north carolina
Visit site
lol, well I won't take it off then. I will try to find time to fix the redeemer panels by either a long delay or some other thing. I don't want to completely remove them though. I"m hoping mrsmiles will edit his maps so this can be accomplished. I have a couple of maps that I will do the same.

It's a cool thing that you are making FHI work more nicely with RPG. Mysterial did fix his RPG in V2 so that the BOSS would work and I think OBJ too.

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
Cool. :)

By the way, if you know of any other mishaps between RPG/FHI, be sure to let me know so I can try and work around them. I think I've fixed the HV assault by not letting its firerate or ammo capacity be upgraded. Yes, I know this will probably piss some players off, but I've yet to find a better fix. :eek:

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Heh.. you do a good job there Parser when it comes to correctly explaining things..
I feel quite guilty of the things happening here recently. I should go in shame of myself :eek:
But hey.. opinions are different for everyone.. some agree, some not. Respect both and it should be alright. :)
My problem is not really RPG or a high level player, but the way how people act. But I guess that every server, whether it be a normal or mod server, all must have it's ups and downs. :rolleyes:
I'm glad that v4 will fix up a few things.. haven't I told you that before LB? ;)

But as said before, enough of this. No more ranting ok? You may kick mah ass all the way to Tokyo if I ever say one word about it again.. Deal? :lol:

So.. yes I wan't it to stay. ;)

Phantom_Dream

Dec 4, 2004
I'm glad to ehar that this is working out! I eman, the fact that eveyrhting will be made better is somehting I cant wait to see. Less spammage sucks, but it's better than the EXTREME spammage that occurs normaly. And I love to ehar that FHIRPG is there to stay. You guys rock.

Ghost3021

Registered Hobbit
Nov 21, 2004
Behind you.
I dont play online, but make the server stay! u guys worked to hard to not have your work played often by others! and thats that! :mad:

The Punisher

[GU]Punisher, skiller and alien killer
Jan 15, 2005
Keep FHI. done. lightbringer's server has me at level 369 or something.