Another UnrealEd crash on start

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dainius1

Unreal Tournament 2004 player
When I tried to open UnrealEd, I got error. I don't remember all of it, but the first line was:
Then I searched the internet with google , and I found, that I must install Visual basic and Rich text fix. I installed Visual basic, but I don't know where I must add Rich text fix.
Now I don't get this error anymore, but I get another error with name "Critical error". here it is:
Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1401 MHz with 478MB RAM
Video: Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller (3712)

History:
What to do?
I quickly readed the faq. The tip:
-UnrealEd crashes on startup.
-Get the UnrealEd fix from Epic’s tech site. Make sure you download the correct fix, which matches your version of the Ed.
didn't work, because it links to old epic's site. In new epic's site I didn't find any links to download page.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
UT2004 UED :
-it does not need any seperate epic patches
-it does not need visual basic if you have win xp

The sites and faqs you are reading are for old versions not UT2004

you have a weird video card, ued needs at least a gf2 or equivalent card, deskop also must be 1024 resolution and 24 bit i believe

if thats not it your crash is related to other things
editor.log is a log file + delete UT2004 ini, user ini and unrealed ini. Then start the game, quit the game, try ued again

Dainius1

Hourences said:
UT2004 UED :
1.-it does not need any seperate epic patches
2.-it does not need visual basic if you have win xp

3.The sites and faqs you are reading are for old versions not UT2004

4.you have a weird video card, ued needs at least a gf2 or equivalent card, 5.deskop also must be 1024 resolution and 24 bit i believe

6.if thats not it your crash is related to other things
editor.log is a log file + 7.delete UT2004 ini, user ini and unrealed ini. 8.Then start the game, quit the game, try ued again

hmpf... alot information.

1.Oh
2.Yes, I have Windows xp. But why did UnrealEd changed the error?
3.I knew it!
4.My video card is integrated Intel Extream Graphics 2.
5.I think, that my desktop is 1024 resolution and 24 bit. I only changed UT2004 resolution.
6.I know, that the file "Editor.log" is a log file. But it is empty.
7.If I will do that, will UT2004 work properly? And what do I have to do with editor.log?
8.Ok, I'll try that when another reply will come.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
delete the inis, then start the game and the game should create new inis again with the default settings (means you will loose your controls and other settings, they will be reverted to the default)

I think however that this wont fix it and that your video card is simply not powerful enough...
Which would mean you simply cant run ued

Magus_CT83

Angel of Darkness
Jul 22, 2004
Dainius1 said:
No, UnrealEd still doesn't open. But why does Unreal Tournament 2004 open?
:blueflag: :Pulse: :lol:

Because UnrealEd is a system hog and was poorly coded so that it would run smoothly with a vast majority of systems....IMO

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
its more userfriendly and crashes less than most game tools ?
its a professional tool, max or maya doesnt run either if you dont have a 3d card you know...

Do you run UT in software mode ?
In any way, UED system requirements <> UT, its not cause the game runs that UED will run... just buy a 3d card, 100 dollar and you got a medium quality one
Hell even if that isnt the cause it still isnt bad to have a 3d card you know :p
Or buy a real pc if its a laptop :p

And dont add random smiley's pls:p

Dainius1

Hourences said:
its more userfriendly and crashes less than most game tools ?
its a professional tool, max or maya doesnt run either if you dont have a 3d card you know...

Do you run UT in software mode ?
In any way, UED system requirements <> UT, its not cause the game runs that UED will run... just buy a 3d card, 100 dollar and you got a medium quality one
Hell even if that isnt the cause it still isnt bad to have a 3d card you know :p
Or buy a real pc if its a laptop :p

And dont add random smiley's pls:p

Yes, it is a laptop.

And smileys aren't random. These smileys shows, how I carry the flag. And the last smiley means, that the flag carrear was a joke.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Dainius1 said:
If I want, that bots would play better, I would increase their level ;) .

1- Retail is the Buyed Version .. that mean you not pirated it but buyed it

2- You are mapping? , no as i see , when you map for ons , you need to think about the scale , the core room (reachable for raptors ..

just putin the bots on godlike don't mean nececary they play better , this is all in bot pathing ....

and please , edit your post ..

thx

2 sequencial post is almost axeptable , but 3 is a little over limited

Last edited: