Trying to set up a dedicated server..

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FizzyB

Nov 16, 2002
Visit site
Please help,
my server is hosted by gameservers.net, usually whenever I want to up a mod onto it I simply upload the mods files to the UT2004 directories as this is the most simple and fastest way to go about it.

The problem with UTXMP is that some of the files have the same names as the ut2k4 files, eg detail.utx is both in regular ut2k4 and utxmp. So although my server is running anyone who joins will get a mismatch depending on if i have the original ut2k4 file up there or the utxmp file.

Does anyone know a way around this or an alternative method of setting up the server.
As its a gameservers.net server I only have ftp access which means i cant alter command lines on the executable.
I can alter ini's etc though and any files/directory structure.

Any help is much appreciated, and you'll have a new server to play on. Thx

IAS|Spiff

Jan 22, 2004
Question about Web admin, are Admin & Groups menu in the Xadmin web interface going to be open so u can add more admin's in final release? Is it possible to open it now for the beta ?

Dubious

Salamander Saver!
Sep 12, 2003
Question about Web admin, are Admin & Groups menu in the Xadmin web interface going to be open so u can add more admin's in final release? Is it possible to open it now for the beta ?
This already works.

There are 2 types of authentication for 2K4 / XMP servers. The default shipping method with the dedicated server is for simple auth.

Simple auth:
- username: Admin
- password is defined in the [Engine.AccessControl] section of the \utxmp\system\utxmp.ini file.

example:
[Engine.AccessControl]
AdminPassword=MyAdminPassword

XAdmin auth:
In order to enable this you will have to change a line in the UTXMP.ini file as follows:
[Engine.GameInfo]
AccessControlClass=XAdmin.AccessControlIni

Then you will be able to use the XAdmin system as you want to.

Majai

Aug 18, 2004
°NAZ° said:
ANyone get the map voite to work?
If so, how do you get to the vote window,
and how to make it come up by default.

You should be able to do it in webadmin but if you its not working open your UTXMP ini file and look for the line below. Change the false to True.

[xVoting.xVotingHandler]
bMapVote=True

°NAZ°

That Guy
Aug 25, 2004
Dallas.Texas.USA
www.bloodrave.com
Yup, that is what I have done actually.
I went in and set it up just like I do with 2k4.
I then verified the settings took in my .ini and they did.
For good measure, I even restarted the server and the settings stayed.

Now...Heres the clencher.

At the end of the map, the alooted utvote pause is there, and before the next map starts, you will see the message "XMP-sorroco won the vote" <-- -or whatever.

Yet a vote screen never appears...tho I have told it to.
Also, I dont know the button to call the screen up anyway.

BTW - I am patched to 1a

Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.