yikes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

StrangeFish

Feb 22, 2000
Manchester, CT, 06040
Visit site
I put a trial copy of blackice on my machine today. I've already had 13 attacks in about 6 hours. None of them were serious attempts to get in. Most were just scans for trojans or open ports on my computer. If a trojan had been on my machine, it could have been very ugly for me. The most serious were a couple of weak denial of service attacks. From what I read on the subject, the number of attacks discovered is not unusual for the average cable modem user.

------------------
Looks like a fish. Moves like a fish. Steers like a cow.

FrigginAnT

Cow Spot Pimp
Mar 23, 2000
Philly, PA
www.frigginant.homestead.com
i have dsl so i havent put a firewall on as of yet. pretty much cause i dont leave my systems on all the time like they say i could. hmmm might install it tonight

bullet2.gif

"Just one of the many thoughts that are floating freely in this thing I call my head"

ngUID:#15863
AnT: "It's Good to be the King!"
{FU}Clan....I HEAR YA!!!!
www.homestead.com/frigginant/antspage.html
www.welcome.to/fuclan

StrangeFish

Feb 22, 2000
Manchester, CT, 06040
Visit site
DSL connections don't get attacked as often as cable. The reason seems to be that all cable addresses are 24.x.x.x, which makes them much easier to scan then all other types of connections, but it probably won't hurt to install it anyway.

bullet2.gif

Looks like a fish. Moves like a fish. Steers like a cow.

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Um, could you post a link to that blackice thing.

Im not sure if I understand this thread, but I think I need to install someting to protect my computer from evil hackers. I just got a cablemodem and I don't want anyone to hurt my UT machine.

I greatly appreciate your anticipated cooperation.