PDA

View Full Version : X-Ray bug list

CiaKKi
11th Dec 2004, 02:43 AM
U did a great work FMI!

just want u to help with this list that will be updated anytime we see a new problem

- Dodge sometimes gave you just a mini-dodge = )
- Rocket turrets are often invulnerable to any damage
- Can't use any mount turret
- Destroing mines does not give you any point
- Headshot multyplier is absent
- Often player getting out of a raptor turrets got crushed by driver
- Weapon change if made in jump or in zoom is slow
- trying to hack something with a vehicle near makes you enter the vehicle insted hacking
- Often you see dead characters of people not anymore ingame

Suggested improvements...not bugs

- A little ping indicator will be smart, cuz the one provided y the f6 default key is too big and keeps distracting me
- A better Crosshair for sniper rifle will be good... can't aim with this one
- Pistol ROF is too low, consider to raise up like the old xmp
- The old flashing "Return the artifact at your base" is missing cuz i keep forgetting i'm carring an arti :D

AshTrai
11th Dec 2004, 04:16 AM
lol i often see ppl running around aimlessly not knowing they are arti carriers. Quite funny in publics cos its easily earnt points ;)

communist
11th Dec 2004, 04:24 AM
- Renger sniper rifle does not show yur rays of the shoot

Same in U2XMP. Not a bug - its supposed to be like this.

CiaKKi
11th Dec 2004, 12:46 PM
yes, dunno why i feel like i was missing it O_o

Kyllian
11th Dec 2004, 06:17 PM
- A better Crosshair for sniper rifle will be good... can't aim with this oneTry playing with lower details... it's a blurry mess for me

[X-Ray]Dio
11th Dec 2004, 09:02 PM
sometimes i just respawn in a deploy without being killed... not very often really, but still very annoying.

PRG
11th Dec 2004, 09:09 PM
yes, dunno why i feel like i was missing it O_o

Hrmmm, I thought this was the case too.. Something just don't feel right and I thought that was it..

CiaKKi
12th Dec 2004, 03:38 AM
Sometimes strange things happens in life.. it's a bug or a dio's fault.

/me slaps [X-Ray]Dio with a large troute :lol:

[X-Ray]Dio
12th Dec 2004, 10:25 PM
Suggested improvements...not bugs

- Pistol ROF is too low, consider to raise up like the old xmp

The pistol of UTXMP is not weak. The fact is that the pistol on U2XMP
was too strong, and ranger got abituated to that power.
Pistol in UTXMP is more balanced. Damnit it is a pistol not a cannon!
I suggest instead to raise flamethrower damage. The damage in this beta is
simply ridicolous.

Richteralan
12th Dec 2004, 10:54 PM
Dio']The pistol of UTXMP is not weak. The fact is that the pistol on U2XMP
was too strong, and ranger got abituated to that power.
Pistol in UTXMP is more balanced. Damnit it is a pistol not a cannon!
I suggest instead to raise flamethrower damage. The damage in this beta is
simply ridicolous.

then I think these(reducing sniper rifle range/reducing rof of pistol) will make ranger virtually useless. and it's speed also been tuned down a little.

instead of reducing rof, reducing the damage done each bullet is a more viable solution

Naib
13th Dec 2004, 06:13 AM
Hrmmm, I thought this was the case too.. Something just don't feel right and I thought that was it..

I've just tried it on both games. The only difference that I can see is the u2xmp sniper rifle has louder sounds.

Silver Sequence
13th Dec 2004, 11:09 AM
As far as the sniper rifle goes it was odd in u2xmp, there were times you'd see your tracer and times you wouldn't. I did a few tests and it seems that this may have to do with the way dodging works. If the tracer is actually instantaneous then the first person viewer will never see it because from their point of view it is only a point (it has no radius), but if one is dodging then there is a good chance one will see it because it's not quite instant. I think that the tracers in u2xmp hang in the air a fraction of a second longer than in utxmp. Still, I'm not 100% sure this is the issue, but I also feel that something is off. On the subject of sniper rifles, would it be possible to fix the zoomed x-hair so the lines actually meet properly in the center?

CiaKKi
13th Dec 2004, 06:09 PM
Yeah! that's true! trace may be a ping consequence.... :eek:
BTW i remember in U2XMP i used to duel often with my temmates and with ranger one shot of sniper rifle and that one shot of pistol where enought to kill a ranger (if u had an headshot) :sniper:
But now it's kinda impossible in need at least 3 pistol shots.... :rant:

Maybe it's the ut engine that does not supports headshot cuz even in scoring sistem headshot is never mentioned....

I used to be ranger as job... shall i search a new job now that i can't work?

or FMi will bring back the Renger of one time? :notworthy:

Naib
13th Dec 2004, 06:45 PM
I think that the tracers in u2xmp hang in the air a fraction of a second longer than in utxmp.

That could also explain why it seems to be harder to work out where you are being sniped from in UTXMP.

AshTrai
14th Dec 2004, 06:34 AM
But now it's kinda impossible in need at least 3 pistol shots....

Maybe it's the ut engine that does not supports headshot cuz even in scoring sistem headshot is never mentioned....

The UT2004 engine supports headshots and always has. Its in UT2004 (snipers and stuff come to mind) and loads of other mods for it as well. Just needs to be implemented in UTXMP.

Edit:-
(11:16:58) (@indy`) you can all rejoice, headshots have been fixed

[X-Ray]Dio
14th Dec 2004, 11:36 AM
then I think these(reducing sniper rifle range/reducing rof of pistol) will make ranger virtually useless. and it's speed also been tuned down a little.

instead of reducing rof, reducing the damage done each bullet is a more viable solution

Reducing the sniper rifle ranger reduces annoying campers. Ranger is not useless now, it is balanced, get used to it.

cyb
14th Dec 2004, 11:44 AM
Dio']Reducing the sniper rifle ranger reduces annoying campers. Ranger is not useless now, it is balanced, get used to it.

if i stand outside the red base on garden and am unable to hit someone with the rifle standing at the red base generator, then this is hardly balanced, don't you think. the sniperrifle is supposed to be a long-range weapon, so let's see what the next build will bring us, since they increased the range already.

CiaKKi
15th Dec 2004, 05:15 AM
Yeah, campers are the same problem as a gunner in defence.

|pure|Destruction
15th Dec 2004, 07:58 AM
Dio']Reducing the sniper rifle ranger reduces annoying campers. Ranger is not useless now, it is balanced, get used to it.

You never played Unreal Tournament CTF did you? Its part of the game or heritage if you will.
Go play CTF-Face and see if you dont get sniped from a camper way across an asteroid everytime you spawn.

(this post was postitive btw. meaning, snipers have a history of long range attack with the rifle. so it shall be done.) :rolleyes:

cyb
15th Dec 2004, 08:32 AM
when will people realise that there are no campers in xmp. it's about defending deploy points, generators, holding positions, disturbing the enemy, whatever and to achive this you cannot always run headlessly through the map, you will actually have to be on one spot for some time. the limit of 15 bullets does the rest. :rolleyes:

Mantik
15th Dec 2004, 08:33 AM
In response to all of this ranger mumbo-jumbo I see being vomitted forth;

You can't 'camp' in XMP. Sticking around your own base/energy source/deploy point as a defensive ranger doesn't count as that's part of the game, and on some maps.. an invaluable defense. This is XMP people, not Quake2. Rangers are supposed to be snipers. They snipe you. They snipe you from farther away than the distance it takes you to kill them. That's called being a ranger. Don't like it? Also spawn as a ranger and kill the oh so vicious and annoying 'camper' who's doing his job and stemming the flow of offenders from getting to the side of the map his team controls, or in some instances - into his base, or keeping them away from an energy source or deploy.

XMP is class based. If all you can do is play one class and whine about how X other class manages to always kill you, when you can't even possibly THINK about switching to a class to better suit yourself to the situation within the game that it calls for, go back to DM because seriously.. you won't get very far. XMP is too dynamic for you.

Dynamic - Adjective; Characterized by continuous change, activity, or progress. Of or relating to variation of intensity

edit: Eh, posted this 20 seconds after cyb did. You sneaky bastard ;)

CiaKKi
16th Dec 2004, 02:24 AM
Absolutely TRUE.

btw read the patch 1 changelist to see finaly the renger fixed to his power ^^