PDA

View Full Version : dead bodies not disappearing.

{NB}oni
11th Dec 2004, 03:20 AM
if you kill someone, thier bodies will still be there and eventually disappear as they respawn. Sometimes the bodies won't even vanish and there will be a huge pile of dead bodies.

AshTrai
11th Dec 2004, 05:21 AM
/me pictures the Doom˛ box cover art with a pile of gunners under my feet as i continue to shoot more in the face... bwahahah

Sometimes bodies do stay there (in the upright position as well!) when players respawn but i've never seen enough to amass a pile unfortunately :lol:

Dubious
11th Dec 2004, 01:30 PM
This may or may not be a bug.

I think that you might be seeing the results of a feature of the game and few people seem to be aware of - reviving.

From the manual:
Reviving
To revive an injured teammate, move close to them, look at them and press your Use key. By default, revived players start with only one health point when revived by a Gunner or Tech, but 25 when revived by a Ranger.

What you are seeing is a player that has been killed but has not yet chosen to "tap out". When you die you have to hit FIRE in order to start selecting a deploy point. If you dont hit FIRE then you can lay there and hope that one of your teammates will revive you. So, as the player lays there dead you still see their body. Once they have chosen to give up on all hope that a teammate will revive them they "tap out" and you see their body dissappear.

Bleeder
11th Dec 2004, 11:40 PM
I have seen the dead body pile-up bug. It's kind of funny. Someone should do a screenshot plz. Maybe it's something to do with the decalstay setting? Wasn't sure if dead bodies are considered "decals".

Xaero
12th Dec 2004, 06:06 AM
/me starts playing "Dead Bodies Everywhere" by KoRn. :D

^_^
13th Dec 2004, 09:37 PM
yes
I had myself spread throughout a relic room last night
at least 7 of me,just standing there
also once or twice when the enemy came in and shot them,it killed me :mad:

Kyllian
13th Dec 2004, 10:26 PM
I'm pretty sure he's not talking about players who haven't "tapped out" yet
I too have seen a players' bodies staying after they respawned

Nekrataal
16th Dec 2004, 04:19 AM
This may or may not be a bug.

I think that you might be seeing the results of a feature of the game and few people seem to be aware of - reviving.

From the manual:

What you are seeing is a player that has been killed but has not yet chosen to "tap out". When you die you have to hit FIRE in order to start selecting a deploy point. If you dont hit FIRE then you can lay there and hope that one of your teammates will revive you. So, as the player lays there dead you still see their body. Once they have chosen to give up on all hope that a teammate will revive them they "tap out" and you see their body dissappear.

Yepp, but dead players often are frozen in their last movement rather than "laying" on the ground ;) that makes it hard to see if they are already dead if you're an enemy or if they need your assistance as a teammate.

Dandeloreon1984
16th Dec 2004, 04:39 PM
try starting a match with 20 bots... kill em, then spawn 20 more bots, then kill em... repeat 5 times, then you will see a real site to behold... lol.