Keyboard bug & crash

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kjbstar

unreal.fr
Dec 25, 2003
St-Brieuc - France
Hello,

First, thx to Free Monkey Team for the great job done for this TC ;)
I've found 2 bugs, a crash one, and keyboard one.

Keyboard Bug:
I've got a cordless keyboard, and I've never had any problems playing with it.
But in UTXMP, directions stay blocked very very often ! For example, if I'm going to the left, my character will continnue itself to going to the left...
It s very hard to play, I must press Esc and click continu to discard the bug, but it come back in maximum 1 minute...

Crash Bug:
STarting playing a map in a forest (dont remember the name, sorry), and immediately I've seen very important glitches.
Then, the game freezes, come back to Windows in...8 colors, 4 bits o_O

Here is the error message displayed:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1535 MHz with 767MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 (4403)

Error setting display mode: CheckDeviceFormat failed (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL). Please delete your UT2004.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.

History: UD3DRenderDevice::UnSetRes <- DetermineFormats <- SetupPresentParms <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::EndFullscreen <- WM_DESTROY <- UWindowsViewport::ViewportWndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- UWindowsViewport::ViewportWndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WM_SYSCOMMAND <- UWindowsViewport::ViewportWndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

I've got the latest patch 3339.

See ya :)

CrazyLittleOne

Mar 27, 2004
Error setting display mode: CheckDeviceFormat failed (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL). Please delete your UT2004.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.

hmmm i bet ur display mode is messed up and itd be fixed if u delete your ut2004.ini file

but thats just my openion

Status
Not open for further replies.