PDA

View Full Version : Points that shouldn't be overlooked.

headwire
10th Dec 2004, 06:00 PM
THE GOOD:

The movement is almost completely there, everything looks like it should and aesthetically, it rocks my socks.

I really like the vehicles. A matter of opinion this one, but I thought you got it spot on.

Energy rifle is secsky.

THE BAD

No trace on the sniper rifle bullets, so sniper rifle can't be traced back to the ranger who is camping somewhere.

Some scaling issues and weird jumping issues, for example, rangers don't jump as high and Sirocco is a bit too tall for the models.

While you were trying to capture both 2k4 and XMP, the whole feel is maybe a BIT too hectic and fast for XMP. Often find myself getting across the map very fast indeed.

HUD quite complicated. Hard to read.

Lots of beeping after one double jump, minor detail but annoying.

Having ticked 'Hide Weapons', it doesn't work. Weapon still shows up.

Bunnyhopping as a ranger or tech is flawed in that everytime you dodge, the screen shakes and it's as if the model has to pause before moving fully again.

Primary fire on shock lance doesn't do any damage to a rocket turret, may not to other turrets or objects.

Don't know when being shot, not enough feedback from weapons.

Menu for switching classes doesn't go away meaning that players can not switch weapons or switch seat in vehicles.

As tech can sometimes get denied his turret friends at the supply station.

No 'YOU HAVE AN ARTIFACT, YOU CRAZY' warning when you, indeed, have an artifact.

Forcewalls attach themselves to normal walls.

THE REALLY UGLY

The bloody pistol is shocking! What happened to keeping weapon balance all the same? Unless there was some kind of obstacle that kept the pistol from being a rapid-fire weapon, it is now, just, useless.

Gunner rockets are now at a nice speed, but you get nearly no warning of a lock on which is fatal now that the rockets are a lot more lethal. Weapon balance need to be returned to what they were: as near as perfection as possible.

When zooming with sniper rifle, if you use scroll to zoom (not in u2xmp) it changes its mind and switches to pistol, but stays zoomed in and can not change weapons.

Xaero
10th Dec 2004, 06:06 PM
As far as the weapons balance, its based more off the original u2xmp than the 7710 patch. Its not perfect, but trust me, its gotten a lot better.

All very good points though.

Guyver1
10th Dec 2004, 06:19 PM
mantling doesnt work on the 2 underground entries in sunset beach

no matter what i tried i just couldnt jump and mantle up into the base from the underground cave :(

Xaero
10th Dec 2004, 06:23 PM
yeah, mantling is iffy at best. Double-jump works fine, though.

Keasis
10th Dec 2004, 06:41 PM
THE GOOD:
THE REALLY UGLY

The bloody pistol is shocking! What happened to keeping weapon balance all the same? Unless there was some kind of obstacle that kept the pistol from being a rapid-fire weapon, it is now, just, useless.

:rant: :shake:

headwire
10th Dec 2004, 06:42 PM
The weapon balance on the whole seems okay, but the pistol has quite definitely been nerfed. Tech weaponry seems to be fine and same for gunner - except the locking problem - though I could be wrong.

Mantling does seem like a problem too, yeah.

headwire
10th Dec 2004, 06:43 PM
Without bias and with hand on heart I say: the pistol has been nerfed. Bombard me with your negative smileys all you like, it's true.

Splinter
10th Dec 2004, 06:48 PM

Damn right its usless now, please tell me this was a big bug and that u guys wernt just "Balancing" again... :mad:

Yukkoman
10th Dec 2004, 07:02 PM
Adding some mainly ranger/movment/vehicle/weap feedback

-First off, the sniper rifle shots seems to have quite a limited range now, as other weapons like the shotty still got very long range, this intended ? Also the sniper zoom have alot of times stayed in zoomed view then I changed into pistol, quite wierd.

-As headwire said, movement is good but have to add thats its a notiecable change in wall dodgeing, its there but in another form, you cant get as high anymore, but the range is there.. I think the pushout from dodgeing from a wall is ok horisontly, but its and removing to much verticaly previous speed you have after a wall dodge, aka removing the current velocity upwards replacing it with a getaway from wall pure only almost angle, this intended or can it be fixed ? as one cant get up on old spots where you could in u2xmp -example the tower top on cloud and other similar high jump places.

-Jumping in and out of windows are quite hard now, or needs to be trained on, didnt feel the movement throo quick getting in and out of windows, feels like the char either to big for the windows or its dont ducks enoth, aka in Rampant base

-The sniper is showing a trace but not for the one whos shooting, its just visible to others i think, and pistol bursts fires almost as fast as the pistol main shots, so thats not a rapid fire thing at all, this must be adressed, what happend to weap balance ?

-The ability to slide dodge against nature flaws are lowered alot as most old spot you could dodge into simply dont give vertical push for heights any more (works on most spots with atleast like 60% or more degree anyhow, just lowered and sometimes a removed ability..

-The smoke grenade effect is way to small of a cover now compared to u2xmp, have to up the area of effect for it to be of any real use.

-Automated reloading then ammo down ?

-The Juggernaut small turrent can shoot throo the tank itself, needs a limit of what degrees fire could go in that small turret somehow.

-The raptor turret view slowly turns clockwise while shooting, so after alot of shots you see it all upside down .D funny hehe

-Juggernaut/harbringer speeds ? huh lol turbo engines :D ?

More feedback to come as I play more

Keasis
10th Dec 2004, 07:04 PM
-The sniper is showing a trace but not for the one whos shooting.

Afaik, with my setting that always has been that way.

]HoC[Saoirse
10th Dec 2004, 07:54 PM
Saoirse's bug check, some may have already been listed :)

1. Cannot switch weapons 1,2,3 due to class selection panel on the HUD. Have found no key that removes it.

2. After exiting a vehicle which continues over your body, you are unable to respawn and find yourself as a permanent spectator (not always, but a good few times).

3. After resupplying self with ammo, gunner still had no rockets to shoot.

4. Some dropped artifacts cannot be picked up again, after being gut-blowed.

5. Hacking green-thingy appears at a strange angle in first person.

Comments.

Initially impressed, nice work FMI :). Am seeing a small gunner advantage so far, now that the rockets are much faster. Would have liked to see the dodging less UT-like, especially after landing. The tech rifle looks like it's firing hundreds of sniper rounds at you, a bit strange. :)

Otherwise this has everything we needed. The maps look stunning.

sao

headwire
11th Dec 2004, 07:41 AM
Another problem worth noting is that you can not duck while jumping, as Mr Yukkoman has mentioned, meaning that jumping out of windows on Rampant is near impossible.

[DOA]Kharn
11th Dec 2004, 07:56 AM
I had a bug last night where i placed both my rocket and my auto turret, and when i picked up my rocket turret, i could no longer get any of my weapons out! it would say i have my rocket turret selected and i could just see my hands at the bottom of the screen, clicking fire did nothing and it only worked again when someone killed me and i respawned.

Mantling sometimes works, but not well enough. There seems to be a technique to it to make it work.

Shotgun is nicer :D

Vehicles handle better, but still arent quite ut2k4 onslaught quality for steering etc, maybe this is supposed to be like that.

The tanks minigun turret is new?? I remember a flamethrower. Its pretty damn powerful too, and has a weird through-the-tank ability. I like the lack of crosshair though, as this evens out with the big damage it does. Not sure whether i like itt better or not.

the maps somehow seem smaller? Maybe im just moving faster now.

Will add more when i get a chance to play it more.

Slightly dissapointed overall, but i suppose i expected too much in the first place thinking it would be fairly easy to port (copy code/maps and scale as needed etc... obviously very wrong!)

LOOKING FORWARD TO PATCHES!

(all comparisons are made with u2 XMP original, which i lurved)

Yukkoman
11th Dec 2004, 08:38 AM
Kharn']Mantling sometimes works, but not well enough. There seems to be a technique to it to make it work.

Yeah, definetly, regular liftings over edges is there but but It feels like the lift effect of it is to low, also needs a litle bigger push forward after the lift itself over an edge is done, also needs to be an included /duck effect in the overall precedure to be able to get into windows that you jump upto and trying to heave into.. Also if the surrounding is not a Horisontelly adjusted its almost impossible at all to get it to lift you up over the edge, example is the runways up to the cloud platform that got the 30-40 angle, or the front window at like Rampant base.

headwire
11th Dec 2004, 08:45 AM
Just a note on the bunnyhopping of the ranger as well. Because bunnyhopping is now significantly flawed, Ranger is no longer the 'fast class'. I'm a ranger player and a bit of a crap fragger and am really only good for grabbing artifacts and running. Running is no longer an option as a ranger, because bunnyhopping doesn't lend any huge advantage due to dodging problems.

Another thing to notice is that even when it was 3 techs against 1 ranger in u2xmp, it was still possible for a ranger to come out on top. Now the movement reduces that and the weapon balance of the ranger.

As tech, as has been mentioned, can not switch from deployables to normal weapons again without binding a 'best weapon' key.

OnYx(DCSB)
11th Dec 2004, 08:56 AM
Just a note on the bunnyhopping of the ranger as well. Because bunnyhopping is now significantly flawed, Ranger is no longer the 'fast class'. I'm a ranger player and a bit of a crap fragger and am really only good for grabbing artifacts and running. Running is no longer an option as a ranger, because bunnyhopping doesn't lend any huge advantage due to dodging problems.

Another thing to notice is that even when it was 3 techs against 1 ranger in u2xmp, it was still possible for a ranger to come out on top. Now the movement reduces that and the weapon balance of the ranger.

As tech, as has been mentioned, can not switch from deployables to normal weapons again without binding a 'best weapon' key.

Yea thats pretty spot on hdw. I found it really easy last night to take down some of the guys who were fast rangers from U2XMP when I was playing tech...
The likes of Gez, Asuka, Saiboat, Alex490, Hdw, guppy, Lipen etc etc could out manouvre many enemies in U2XMP... This seems not to be possible in the UT beta atm. The movement for all three classes is too samey, which wasent the case in U2.

headwire
11th Dec 2004, 09:30 AM
Oh look! I have another thing to add.

The countdown to time limit running out doesn't happen. No 'one minute left' warning or countdown 'til the game ends. You can be approaching base with a tie-breaker artifact and the game will just end, and switch map without notice.

ewox
11th Dec 2004, 09:55 AM
I'd very much like to have original u2xmp HUD (including crosshairs) maybe as an optional HUD. Not that its too hard to get used to the new location of healthbars and such but the current crosshairs are just plain hideous. I dont know anything about modding but I can imagine it wouldn't require that much work to import them.

W0RF
11th Dec 2004, 10:54 AM
So wait, a ranger taking out 3 techs is supposed to be balanced?

It's not that I disagree with you on the movement, I never play ranger so I trust you on that, but 3 vs 1?

My comments:
At first it was a letdown because of all the bugs. But as I played I see a lot of the spirit of XMP in the mod. There's still work to be done, but overall, my hat goes off to FMI. Well done so far.

headwire
11th Dec 2004, 11:18 AM
I indeed am glad that FMI have done this and made this mod and put in their efforts to it, don't get me wrong.

What I mean to say is, a good ranger against three average techs. Now it requires little skill to take out a ranger, which was what it always about for me, was that rangers were fast and maneouverable and could get out of tough situations.

Magwa
11th Dec 2004, 11:19 AM
i moved this post to this section i think it belongs here.

In close combat movement is very jerky kinda like lag but i do not think it is lag ping is good etc. almost impossible to tell team mates in a turret, Gunner is way to fast and powerfull i saw more peeps playing gunner last night than in a year with u2xmp,running speed is to slow for ranger same with jumping close but not quite right.

new bugs i have been killed by rocket and machine gun turrets but i have yet to see them fire,not a single thing has ever come out of them i just get the i am hit sount and you have no way of knowing where it is coming from,bacause the turrets are very hard to see also.

shock lance is either to slow to fire secondary or vehicles have been sped up they outrun the round way faster than u2xmp.

can not see hit effects with any weapon and smoke nade does not have much smoke till to late needs to disperse much faster

pistol fires to slow it is supposed to be simi auto and secondary is 3 shot BURST all at once.not one at a time

turbo on raptorneeds to be quicker responce for certain jumps i could do in u2xmp i can not do in UTxmp not enough go power

seems to be alot of warping in combat close combat not sure on that one

my specs amd 1.9 ghz cpu
1 gig ddr 2700
1024x768 resolution at refresh85hrz
win xp pro noservice pack 2 only have service pack 1
geforce ti 4600 vid card 128 meg
i am running everything in game on normal except world detail that is on high.

headwire
11th Dec 2004, 11:24 AM
shock lance is either to slow to fire secondary or vehicles have been sped up they outrun the round way faster than u2xmp.

can not see hit effects with any weapon and smoke nade does not have much smoke till to late needs to disperse much faster

turbo on raptorneeds to be quicker responce for certain jumps i could do in u2xmp i can not do in UTxmp not enough go power

I'd argue that the shocklance needs little to no tweaking at all. The only thing about it that I have noticed is that primary fire does not damage turrets. The speed of the things does not bother me in terms of shooting vehicles, because it's a matter of anticipating where your enemy is going to be. It's not a huge flaw.

Smoke might need to deploy faster, and the thickness could possibly be tweaked a bit.

Raptor seems perfect to me. It has the vehicle physics that everyone asked for. On second thoughts, when you boost in the raptor and keep boosting it goes far far far too fast. Continuously boosting in it makes it go much faster to the point that it could definitely not be caught, though if this CANNOT be fixed, it's only a minor detail.

spineblaZe
11th Dec 2004, 12:25 PM
Bunnyhopping as a ranger or tech is flawed in that everytime you dodge, the screen shakes and it's as if the model has to pause before moving fully again.

Go to the game options, and take the check out of "Landing Shakes View." That should help.

}Bb{Kirby
11th Dec 2004, 01:04 PM
im reading all your complaints and thinking of prg and other voodos complaining that a ranger is too powerful, so they tell people to slow down the pistol so that its slower than a f*ckin sniper, cut off some of the snipers range, increase shotgun range, and make gunners weapons way too over powering... and if this wasnt them then they did the worst private beta test ever!!!

Gambit
11th Dec 2004, 02:17 PM
These aint complaints Kirby...there bugs...which the developers need to fix (if they want). Just thought that should be made clear :D

IndianPsycho
11th Dec 2004, 02:29 PM
As I posted in another thread, the weapon damage, movement speed etc are by no means final. No weapons have been intentionally nerfed/powered up, same goes for movement.

PRG
11th Dec 2004, 02:36 PM
im reading all your complaints and thinking of prg and other voodos complaining that a ranger is too powerful, so they tell people to slow down the pistol so that its slower than a f*ckin sniper, cut off some of the snipers range, increase shotgun range, and make gunners weapons way too over powering... and if this wasnt them then they did the worst private beta test ever!!!

For the record, I posted just about about every bug on this thread (plus twice as many that are rectified in the public beta) 1-2 weeks ago. Also for the record, learn what you're talking about before you personally attack people. I resent you bringing my name into this specifically for absolutely no reason, it's rude and there's no basis for anything you've just said.

It's a Public Beta, it isn't perfect yet, and it shouldn't be expected to be.

Xaero
11th Dec 2004, 02:39 PM
Those damn voodos!!

Gothik
11th Dec 2004, 02:58 PM
I hope that the log spam is fixed. The game is creating huge log files at the moment.

IndianPsycho
11th Dec 2004, 03:02 PM
Server or client? Can you post a sample (or a full log if possible)?

Maxx
11th Dec 2004, 03:07 PM

You're not only ignorant, but you're also an ass. What gives you any idea that voodoo would want the rangers to be nerfed, when half my clan prefer to play as rangers. The persons that has rasied the most hell over the gunner balance has been none other than =vŠ=Zaknafein, and =vŠ=PRG. Your accusations are unfounded and moronic. You insult the hard work FMI and the beta testers have put in to bring you the best xmp possible. With the public release with the blatantly obvious "Public BETA" attached to it, you are slightly over reacting. To be honest this needed several more weeks of beta testing to be able to release a non-beta public version. FMI wanted to get it out to you as soon as possible, and went ahead and let it go, and is depending on you to be patient and report the problems, and help make the game you love that much better. The private beta testers worked as far as FMI wanted us to go. So think before you mouth off next time. Free monkey quit complaining.

[_X_]DJBRIAND
11th Dec 2004, 03:16 PM
Here we have a perfect example of "how come he/she or they got to beta test and I never",FMI and all the beta testers should be getting praise not insults.

Thank god the majority of posts have been about "game issues" rather than whiny kids goin this sux and that sux.I'm sure after a few patches or whatever the gameplay will become excellent and all things will even out.

Gothik
11th Dec 2004, 03:39 PM
Server or client? Can you post a sample (or a full log if possible)?
Client. I don't know if there's space for the entire 19 meg of my current log, but here are some samples:

Log: Log file open, 12/11/04 17:23:40
Init: Name subsystem initialized
Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600)
Init: Version: 3339 (128.29)
Init: Compiled: Nov 11 2004 10:49:37
Init: Command line: -mod=UTXMP -newwindow
Init: Character set: Unicode
Init: Base directory: D:\UT2004\System\
Init: Ini:..\UTXMP\System\UTXMP.ini UserIni:..\UTXMP\System\UTXMPUser.ini
Init: Build label: UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]
Init: Object subsystem initialized
Log: nv4_disp.dll/NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600
Log: Game class is 'GameInfo'
Log: Bringing Level Entry.myLevel up for play (0) appSeconds: 2.978000...
ScriptLog: GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
Log: Browse: MOV-UTXMPIntro?Name=Gothik|BuF?Class=XMP.XMPTech?Character=Jakob?team=255?Voice=XMP.XMPTech2MaleVoice?Se x=M
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: Garbage: objects: 27574->27574; refs: 280138
Log: Game class is 'CinematicGame'
Log: Bringing Level MOV-UTXMPIntro.myLevel up for play (0) appSeconds: 4.915000...
Log: (Karma): Autodetecting CPU for SSE
Log: (Karma): Using SSE Optimizations
ScriptLog: GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
Log: ALAudio: Using DirectSound to record audio.
ScriptLog: New Player Gothik|BuF id=ba5c236083bff45c4205b07d0779b308
Log: Opened viewport
Log: Enter SetRes: 1280x960 Fullscreen 1
Log: Using back-buffer format 22(32-bit)
Log: Using depth-buffer format 77(32-bit)
Log: Creating device
Log: xD3DHelper::Init (QuadEmulation)
Log: OS doesn't support IME.
Log: Startup time: 9.400000 seconds
Log: Precaching: MOV-UTXMPIntro.LevelInfo0
Log: Static mesh batches: 385776 vertex bytes, 37044 index bytes
Log: Allocating 16384 byte dynamic index buffer.
Log: Finished precaching geometry in 0.150 seconds
Log: Finished precaching textures in 0.234 seconds
Debug: XMPMainMenu.Opened() Sender:Package.XMPMainMenu
Log: URL: Adding default option Name=Gothik|BuF
Log: URL: Adding default option Class=XMP.XMPTech
Log: URL: Adding default option Character=Jakob
Log: URL: Adding default option team=255
Log: URL: Adding default option Voice=XMP.XMPTech2MaleVoice
Log: Browse: Index.ut2?disconnect?Name=Gothik|BuF?Class=XMP.XMPTech?Character=Jakob?team=255?Voice=XMP.XMPTech2Ma leVoice
Log: Failed; returning to Entry
ScriptLog: XMPMainMenu NotifyLevelChange PendingConnection:False
Log: GP=FALSE
Log: Spawning new actor for Viewport WindowsViewport
Log: Static mesh batches: 0 vertex bytes, 0 index bytes
Log: Resolving www.free-monkey.com...
IRC: 2 Servers 0 Channels
Log: Defaulting to false
ScriptLog: UT2k4Browser_ServerListPageFavorites Spawned new ServerQueryClient 'Entry.ServerQueryClient'
Log: Resolved www.free-monkey.com (38.144.80.34)
Log: Defaulting to false
Debug: XMPMainMenu.Opened() Sender:None
ScriptLog: PreClientTravel
Log: URL: Adding default option Name=Gothik|BuF
Log: URL: Adding default option Class=XMP.XMPTech
Log: URL: Adding default option Character=Jakob
Log: URL: Adding default option team=255
Log: URL: Adding default option Voice=XMP.XMPTech2MaleVoice
Log: Browse: 82.133.85.24:7440/Index.ut2?SpectatorOnly=1?Name=Gothik|BuF?Class=XMP.XMPTech?Character=Jakob?team=255?Voice=XMP.XMPTe ch2MaleVoice
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.OptionsSurfBevel
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.Options2DShaperBezierDetail
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.Options2DShaperRevolve
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.Options2DShaperExtrudeToBevel
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.Options2DShaperExtrudeToPoint
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.Options2DShaperExtrude
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.Options2DShaperSheet
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.OptionsBrushScale
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.OptionsTexAlignCylinder
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.OptionsNewTerrain
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.OptionsNewTerrainLayer
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.OptionsMapScale
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.OptionsMatNewCameraPath
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.OptionsMatNewStaticMesh
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.OptionsDupTexture
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.OptionsRotateActors
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.OptionsNewClassFromSel
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.TexAlignerPlanar
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.TexAlignerDefault
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.TexAlignerBox
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.OptionsTexAlignPlanar
Warning: Missing Class Class UnrealEd.TexAlignerFace
ScriptLog: UT2k4Browser_ServerListPageFavorites Destroying ServerQueryClient 'ServerQueryClient'
Log: NetMode now NM_Client
Log: (Karma): Level Karma Terminated.
Log: Garbage: objects: 44065->43814; refs: 553400
Log: ALAudio: AL_INVALID_OPERATION in RegisterSound (generating buffer)
Log: Bringing Level XMP-MurkyWoods.myLevel up for play (90) appSeconds: 98.670000...
Log: (Karma): Autodetecting CPU for SSE
Log: (Karma): Using SSE Optimizations
Log: Spawning new actor for Viewport WindowsViewport
Log: Garbage: objects: 44240->44240; refs: 557918
Warning: Failed to load 'Sound DefaultFemaleAnnouncerA.RedCritical': Failed to find object 'Sound DefaultFemaleAnnouncerA.RedCritical'
Warning: Failed to load 'Sound DefaultFemaleAnnouncerA.BlueCritical': Failed to find object 'Sound DefaultFemaleAnnouncerA.BlueCritical'
Log: XMPPlayer setplayer WindowsViewport
Log: Precaching: XMP-MurkyWoods.LevelInfo0
Log: Static mesh batches: 6346152 vertex bytes, 828120 index bytes
Log: Allocating 16384 byte dynamic index buffer.
Log: Allocating 69444 byte dynamic index buffer.
Warning: XMPSubstainingRadar XMP-MurkyWoods.XMPSubstainingRadar (Function XMP.XMPSubstainingHUD.DrawCustomBeacon:006E) Accessed None 'Team'
Warning: XMPSubstainingRadar XMP-MurkyWoods.XMPSubstainingRadar (Function XMP.XMPSubstainingHUD.DrawCustomBeacon:006E) Accessed None 'Team'
Log: Allocating 138504 byte dynamic index buffer.
Warning: XMPPRI XMP-MurkyWoods.XMPPRI (Function XMP.XMPPRI.GetTeam:0007) Accessed None 'Team'
Warning: XMPPRI XMP-MurkyWoods.XMPPRI (Function XMP.XMPPRI.GetTeam:0007) Accessed None 'Team'
Log: Finished precaching geometry in 4.559 seconds
Log: Finished precaching textures in 3.508 seconds
Warning: XMPSubstainingRadar XMP-MurkyWoods.XMPSubstainingRadar
Warning: XMPPRI XMP-Rampant.XMPPRI (Function XMP.XMPPRI.GetTeam:0007) Accessed None 'Team'
Log: Finished precaching geometry in 14.631 seconds
Warning: XMPPRI XMP-Rampant.XMPPRI (Function XMP.XMPPRI.GetTeam:0007) Accessed None 'Team'
Log: Finished precaching textures in 1.914 seconds
Warning: XMPSubstainingRadar XMP-Rampant.XMPSubstainingRadar (Function XMP.XMPSubstainingHUD.DrawCustomBeacon:006E) Accessed None 'Team'
Warning: XMPSubstainingRadar XMP-Rampant.XMPSubstainingRadar (Function XMP.XMPSubstainingHUD.DrawCustomBeacon:006E) Accessed None 'Team'

Repeat ad naseum, these are just some examples I've edited together from my logfile.

Dandeloreon1984
11th Dec 2004, 04:05 PM
gah.... too much log... try putting in a little less... segment it out.

Bang Yr Head
11th Dec 2004, 04:30 PM
i'll just repost what I found:

|Bugs|
-Getting out of a Raptor while moving is deadly 90% of the time, and prooves difficult when trying to revive your teammate after because they seem to get stuck onto the vehicle
-When you die, and are waiting to get revived, sometimes the death animation wont play and you will be left in a standing pose.
-Happened only a few times, but when I tried to revive a dead teammate, they started jotting all over the place O_o maybe lag?
-If you drop a turret/forcewall and pick it up again, and then try to place it again, you cant, you just get an empty hand
-Cant select laser-trip mines as a Gunner at all

|Issues|
-Ranger's pistol needs to be semi-automatic, right now its pretty weak
-Ranger's smoke grenades need to form MUCH faster, right now it takes a bit for them to form
-Tech's gas grenades have the same problem as the Ranger's smoke grenades
-Juggernaut needs a crosshair for the machine gun
-Tech's shotgun needs a better fire effect, all we got now is smoke. Try converting the original effect over
-Teamates need some kind of indicator so you know who's who, it can become very difficult distinguishing the 2 in a large firefight on maps like Kaminari
-Dead teammates need some kind of indicator telling you "hey I need to be revived" (maybe a voice command like in the original too?)
-Techs AssaultRifle secondary fire is pretty much useless, do something with it
-Gunners concusion grenades blinding effect dosnt last long enough, even if you score a direct hit, needs to be amped up
-Concusion grenades do send vehicles flying into the air like in U2XMP
-Cant see absolute **** in the turret position on the Raptor, its almost impossible to see, please clear it up, and maybe reduce the recoil when firing
-Raptors gun turret spreads WAY to much, its way less effective than the original
-Vehicles need to take alot of damage from obsticles, thats what made them so unreliable in U2XMP, right now people can just be absolutely careless with them......
-Garden's turrerts bolt effect needs to come in bursts, and MOVE MUCH MUCH FASTER!

Pro-Pain
11th Dec 2004, 04:35 PM
Dunno if its me or... but I cant hear the rocket- or auto-turrets.

The secondary rockets locks on to easy imo and gives no warning.

I cant jump into a vehicles gun, I always end up in the driverseat o.O (if its empty)

Tyfane
11th Dec 2004, 04:47 PM
To back PRG up this is a post I made about the magnum:

Magnum: Single shot still seems to slow.

And here is one about the sniper rifle:
"-Not sure if it's a bug but the sniper rifle seems woefully inaccurate. Cascade and I faced each other and didn't move. We then proceeded to just shoot, neither of us hitting the other one. We were a goodly distance apart. Now I might suck ass with the sniper rifle but I can at least hit a non moving target. "

Turns out it wasn't accuracy but distance. So please people, don't attack someone else without some facts... actually just try not attacking ppl.

IndianPsycho
11th Dec 2004, 05:42 PM
Client. I don't know if there's space for the entire 19 meg of my current log, but here are some samples:

[snip]

Thanks a bunch. Are those the only functions throwing the accessed nones?

[_X_]DJBRIAND
11th Dec 2004, 05:47 PM
I cant jump into a vehicles gun, I always end up in the driverseat o.O (if its empty)

When you are in a vehicle you have to press 2 to use the gun with out leaving the vehicle,and press 1 to get back to drivers seat without leaving the vehicle.

FireCrack
11th Dec 2004, 05:49 PM
The class selector stays up while playing if it was up when the map changed (ex. you were waiting to spawn then it changed)

Kyllian
11th Dec 2004, 06:15 PM
Having ticked 'Hide Weapons', it doesn't work. Weapon still shows up.I think that was their intention
but the current crosshairs are just plain hideous. I dont know anything about modding but I can imagine it wouldn't require that much work to import them.Yea, just reimport them and untick the "Generate Mip-Maps" box

I have a problem with the Raptor's braking...
You hit the brakes(Jump key) and it just slides in the direction you turn
I don't mean slides and turns, you can be going straight out and it will instantly slide in the direction you turn the wheels

Gothik
11th Dec 2004, 10:13 PM
Thanks a bunch. Are those the only functions throwing the accessed nones?
Yes. I gave examples of all the ones I could find.

headwire
12th Dec 2004, 03:59 AM
I think that was their intention

Good God why? You could hide weapons in u2xmp, and in UT2004, I can't see why disabling it in UTXMP is justified.

|pure|Destruction
12th Dec 2004, 07:50 AM
I got some similar warnings in my log file that I noticed the other day but didnt post em.

Warning: XMPPlayer XMP-MurkyWoods.XMPPlayer (Function XMP.XMPPlayer.TeamMessage:0021) Accessed None 'PRI'
Warning: XMPPlayer XMP-MurkyWoods.XMPPlayer (Function XMP.XMPPlayer.TeamMessage:0029) Attempt to assign variable through None
Warning: XMPPlayer XMP-MurkyWoods.XMPPlayer (Function XMP.XMPPlayer.TeamMessage:0021) Accessed None 'PRI'
Warning: XMPPlayer XMP-MurkyWoods.XMPPlayer (Function XMP.XMPPlayer.TeamMessage:0029) Attempt to assign variable through None
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'Vehicle_Driving' not found for mesh 'RangerA'
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'Vehicle_Driving' not found for mesh 'TechA'

&

Warning: Tag M of TexScaler size mismatch. Serialized 64 but expected 117
Warning: Tag M of TexRotator size mismatch. Serialized 64 but expected 117
Warning: Tag M of TexPanner size mismatch. Serialized 64 but expected 117

&
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'Vehicle_Driving' not found for mesh 'TechA'
Warning: XMPPRI XMP-LOWLANDS.XMPPRI (Function XMP.XMPPRI.GetTeam:0007) Accessed None 'Team'
Warning: XMPPlayer XMP-LOWLANDS.XMPPlayer (Function XMP.XMPPlayer.TeamMessage:0021) Accessed None 'PRI'
Log: XMPPistol no timer running with clientstate 3
Warning: XMPJuggernaut XMP-LOWLANDS.XMPJuggernaut (Function Onslaught.ONSVehicle.TeamChanged:00DA) Accessed None 'Weapons'

fireball
12th Dec 2004, 10:47 AM
Note that this was not me hosting, but I was sent to log since he didn't know what to do with it.

Progress: Loading Blaster...
Warning: Failed to load 'SniperShaders': Can't find file for package 'SniperShaders'
Warning: Failed to load 'Blaster': Can't find file for package 'SniperShaders'
Warning: Failed loading package: Can't find file for package 'SniperShaders'
Warning: Error loading Blaster !!!

ScriptLog: Found XMPGame.
Warning: Failed to load 'NULL': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'Class None.': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'Material None.': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'Material None.': Can't resolve package name

Warning: Tag M of TexOscillator size mismatch. Serialized 64 but expected 117

Warning: Failed to load 'Sound DefaultFemaleAnnouncerA.RedCritical': Failed to find object 'Sound DefaultFemaleAnnouncerA.RedCritical'
Warning: Failed to load 'Sound DefaultFemaleAnnouncerA.BlueCritical': Failed to find object 'Sound DefaultFemaleAnnouncerA.BlueCritical'

Warning: XMPPlayer XMP-SunsetBeach.XMPPlayer (Function XMP.XMPPlayer.ShowClassSelectMenu:0026) Accessed None 'InteractionMaster'

Warning: XMPUtil None (Function XMP.XMPUtil.AddAllAmmoPercent:000C) Accessed None 'Other'

Warning: XMPTechBlue XMP-SunsetBeach.XMPTechBlue (Function XMP.XMPPawn.NotifyAmmoChanged:0094) Accessed None 'PlayerReplicationInfo'
Warning: XMPTechBlue XMP-SunsetBeach.XMPTechBlue (Function XMP.XMPPawn.NotifyAmmoChanged:009C) Attempt to assign variable through None

Warning: XMPEnergyStation XMP-SunsetBeach.XMPEnergyStation9 (Function XMP.XMPPowerStation.Tick:0080) Accessed None 'TargetPowerSuit'

Log: Octree Warning (RemoveActor): XMPArtifactDefense moved without proper hashing

Warning: XMPScoreKeeper XMP-SunsetBeach.XMPScoreKeeper (Function XMP.XMPScoreKeeper.NotifyDeployableDestroyed:0037) Accessed None 'Killed'

Kaio
12th Dec 2004, 02:51 PM
- Gunner is too fast (overpowered)
- Ranger Pistol got nerfed, completly useless now (fire rate like sniperrifle, but much weaker than it)
- On sunsetbeach Techs and Gunners can't reach the enemy base if they decide to take the way through the caves (it's funny to see 10 people down in the caves, jumping around like useless bots).
- There are some problems with the dodging, sometimes it doesn't work

I'll post more bugs/negative things later.

nbk-RED
12th Dec 2004, 03:00 PM
I would have to almost completely agree with everything that Headwire has touched on.. Starting from the ground up on these issues would be wise, imo. (movement) Although the raptor seems a bit too fast and definately needs the ability to slide sideways to stop and turn around, I love the new changes. The vehicles are now actually useful instead of just using them as a manned turret for 4 seconds at a time.

Ranger crosshairs needs help, I think we can all agree on that, it's opaque level is too high and you lose it in practically everything that is not a contrasting color. Additionally the pistol, besides it's rediculously slow rate of fire, can no longer shoot a burst and continue with single shots without a delay.

I, for one, do not care what the game was like in it's origional form way back when durring it's origional beta. I would like class balance to return to what the entire community (not just the nostalgic beta testers of old) have come to know and love. I could see leaving the gunner's movement a little faster like it is now, but then slightly bump down the dammage for the napalm and rockets.. which seem to have been amplified by about 2x.

Other than that I would just like to thank FMI for an awesome job so far!! Keep up the good work!!

Tyfane
12th Dec 2004, 05:38 PM
I agree that the classes still needs some tweaking. As to the "beta testers of old" comment: almost all of us played the U2:XMP to the ground with the rest of the community. During testing we tried to give pointers on the classes that would bring all of them back to how they were at the end of U2:XMP's run, not what was in the original beta. I think the only change we wanted to see was making the gunner just a tad faster but even this wasn't universally agreed on.

Captain Kewl
12th Dec 2004, 05:43 PM
I always thought the semiautomatic pistol was a bug, to tell the truth.

Sir_Brizz
12th Dec 2004, 06:47 PM
I agree. But it is a little weak for that.

Richteralan
12th Dec 2004, 10:56 PM

reduce the damage per shot is better than reduce rof.
even if you guys want reduce the rof, it is WAY TOO slow now.

FireCrack
12th Dec 2004, 11:27 PM
-Garden's turrerts bolt effect needs to come in bursts, and MOVE MUCH MUCH FASTER!

are you saying you got the turrets to work? how?

AshTrai
13th Dec 2004, 02:39 AM
i thought the same when i first played U2XMP... but imo it only got used for what it was meant for ... ie, close(ish) quater battles. The small clip prevented mass spammage so i kinda accepted it as normal after a short while. The ranger feels a bit naked without it :(

Pro-Pain
13th Dec 2004, 06:16 AM
Dunno if this has been mentioned before but I would really like to have the name tags over your own teams heads in game back.

cyb
13th Dec 2004, 07:13 AM
you can see the tags when your teammate is in a vehicle ... btw vehicle, 1st person view of the harbinger is just way to funny, you cannot see anything, because you are not sitting on the drivers seat, but in the middle of the car.

are there plans to let people enter the turrets of vehicle WITHOUT having to get on the drivers seat first and then having to press 2 or 3?

Keasis
13th Dec 2004, 07:15 AM

In most games, the secondary is indeed nothing more than a backup/last resort. Most expect it to be 'weakish' or rarely used. Instead in u2xmp, all weapons have their distinct advantage in certain situations, this makes every weapon as important as the primary. It is indeed strange to see a game where the primary doesn't neccesarely has to be the strongest gun.

caff
13th Dec 2004, 07:24 AM
i think youll find it to be like that with all of the unreal series...

Gothik
13th Dec 2004, 01:17 PM
And another weird bug I've found - Plying UTXMP causes all my map ucl files in UT2004/System to get wiped. UT2004 has to rebuild all of them every time I play it after playing UTXMP. I was wondering why UT2004 took so long to start after playing UTXMP, now I know.

Kyllian
13th Dec 2004, 08:13 PM
And another weird bug I've found - Plying UTXMP causes all my map ucl files in UT2004/System to get wiped. UT2004 has to rebuild all of them every time I play it after playing UTXMP. I was wondering why UT2004 took so long to start after playing UTXMP, now I know.
I think you're right...
Played XMP last night... played reg 2k4 earlier, and noticed it took quite a while to load
Checked the log and 2/3 of it was map exports

shoptroll
13th Dec 2004, 08:19 PM
i think youll find it to be like that with all of the unreal series...

Yup... The only weapon i never really understood was the Stinger from Unreal 1 though. That and the two launchers (rocket and grenade) from Return to Na Pali. Stinger was like a shotgun on alt-fire except it had a nasty cooldown rate.

I heard its coming back in UC2 though...

Captain Kewl
13th Dec 2004, 08:41 PM
I mean, I thought the semiautomatic was a bug because in U2 singleplayer it's NOT semiautomatic.

^_^
13th Dec 2004, 08:53 PM
"I hope that the log spam is fixed. The game is creating huge log files at the moment."

oh wow hes right
46,000 kb in 3 games

|xF|bishop
13th Dec 2004, 11:51 PM
so is 125k normal for a log file? i never looked before....

can it just be deleted?

Richteralan
14th Dec 2004, 12:19 AM
I mean, I thought the semiautomatic was a bug because in U2 singleplayer it's NOT semiautomatic.

what you mean by semiautomatic?
the alt-fire burst 3 rounds?

|xF|bishop
14th Dec 2004, 12:39 AM
what you mean by semiautomatic?
the alt-fire burst 3 rounds?

i think he is talking about the speed you can rip off shots with the primary.

shoptroll
14th Dec 2004, 01:11 AM
i think he is talking about the speed you can rip off shots with the primary.

I thought they played with the weapons between U2 and XMP... I never really found the shock lance to be all that useful in Single Player....

Yukkoman
14th Dec 2004, 01:19 AM

On a sidenote, more things could be considered bugs if we start to compare U2 standalone directly to U2-XMP, but XMP is XMP after all, not U2 :/

Another sidenote, and "I" dont think the discussion of the pistol is the point to have the pistol as a machine gun or anything.

But DPS "should" be there in one way or another, and if we gettin to the point there the discussion is brought into if it should be slow shooting or fast shooting and act like a magnum or not we could start to compare the pistol to the sniper rifle itself, the sniper rifle is already the HEAVY slow shooting weapon the ranger have, so another slow shooting heavy dmg weapon without the zoom or range compared to the sniper rifle itself just feels quite wierd to mix up in the equation of the ranger weaponry, I think they made the rangers pistols RoF/DPS in U2XMp the way it is becoz it was needed, ranger got no deployables, but in a way you can argue the usefulness of smoke or heals as an utility, but thinking of turrets/mines the other classes have, so from my point of view, and prolly alot of others as well, plz dont mix to much with the RoF/DPS on weapons.

And yes I play a ranger and played a ranger since Demo days of XMP and its not that I want to be uber god like or anything, I just think that the weapon balance was splendid and I got owned everyday from techs/gunners even that I got both a sniperrifle and a so called bugged pistol.

And if we talk bugs, why not bring every single bug and change the whole weaponry lines, alot more could be considered bugs and/or overpowering, for example the old shotgun range or such stuffs, like on Lowlands there you can kill a ppl that hacks the seaside gen from the spawnpoint with a shotgun,, yaya :D great,, im out :/ Or why gunners/techs can one shot rangers on comon basis and not rangers can one shot techs/gunners..

(Edit: Well rangers could under rare circumstances 1 shot with a sniper headshot if the angle and right spot is hit, And yes, rangers could "oneshot" wow rangers with a headshot grenade on regular basis, but thats not my point anyhow, I dont even know why im discussing this :D )

Or gas ? Why is gas considered by clan ppl as a total nonskilled weaps, Im not a tech myself and I dont ever complained about gas, but every clan game we played and if our techs used gas our whole clan have been called gas whores etc over that in a situation or 2 gas have been used, and they mentioned its a total skilless way to kill etc, Im just bringing up some points, im sure ppl can add more.. If its up for discussion, but still I think and hope FMI really dont mix up the weap balance or change to much.

Rangers as a class really need the fast shooting pistol.

Signing off...