PDA

View Full Version : WEAPON SWITCHING

)>-SARS
10th Dec 2004, 06:02 PM
Not so much a bug as a general fault but the weapon switching needs to be MUCH faster. Had very few actual bugs except occasionally(say 1/15 times) the reloading animations did not show up.

SanitysEdge
10th Dec 2004, 06:22 PM
The weapon switch speed is fine, imo, but what really bugs me is that you cant change weapons when reloading.

caff
10th Dec 2004, 09:17 PM
yeah, the change speed is a bit slow, but i think we'll all get used to it.

the inability to change while reloading is rather annoying tho :|

Dubious
10th Dec 2004, 09:54 PM
the speed and inability to change weapons are kinda on purpose. its part of the strategy of the game. you have to time your reloads carefully and know when to attack and drop back to reload/switch at the right times.

There is a bug, however, with at least the Tech class where it will get "stuck" between only the deployables (force wall, auto turret, rocket turret) and not allow you to change to any other weapon unless you hit the key for that weapon. This is known and is being addressed.

JaGo
10th Dec 2004, 10:45 PM
the speed and inability to change weapons are kinda on purpose. its part of the strategy of the game. you have to time your reloads carefully and know when to attack and drop back to reload/switch at the right times.

There is a bug, however, with at least the Tech class where it will get "stuck" between only the deployables (force wall, auto turret, rocket turret) and not allow you to change to any other weapon unless you hit the key for that weapon. This is known and is being addressed.

Although I agree with the things you said, the weapon switching was JUST
fine how it was in U2XMP. IMO, it was very balanced. The only thing
I had issue with was when you ran out of a clip you could switch to
a different weapon, fire one round, then switch back to the previous
weapon with a fully loaded clip. Take that bug out and the weapon
switching in u2xmp was fine.

Skatcher
11th Dec 2004, 12:56 AM
one thing i noticed in UTXMP is if you change weapons you have to reload the current weapon first and then switch....no point in switching anymore if you have ammo again.
also, i think the weapon reload bug( switch weapons and its back to full clip) gave the game a nice flow....

Skipr
11th Dec 2004, 01:31 AM
Yeah, the weapon changing is real annoying. I did it so many times and it took forever to switch!

Echelon
11th Dec 2004, 09:05 AM
Yes , i totally agree with this , the weapon switching should be a lot faster,
tehre also seems to be a bug in the weaponswitching when you use mousewheel ( iun my case anyway) that after i scroll i end up with only field gens and turrets and havo to use my keyboard to switch back to shotgun or whatever ( yeah i always play tech :lol:

ViPER420
11th Dec 2004, 09:09 AM
Yes , i totally agree with this , the weapon switching should be a lot faster,
tehre also seems to be a bug in the weaponswitching when you use mousewheel ( iun my case anyway) that after i scroll i end up with only field gens and turrets and havo to use my keyboard to switch back to shotgun or whatever ( yeah i always play tech :lol:

I just made a thread on this, I have seen this problem with the mouse wheel weapons switching, but I don't know why, or what triggers it.