PDA

View Full Version : ahh... they are everywhere

MadMan2k
10th Dec 2004, 04:31 PM
they.. the bugs... theres no escape;
- if you burn someone theres no burning effect in the first-person view
therefore you get no advantage of it
- the assault-rifle has the same rays like the sniper-rifle in third-person, which cannot be intended, because it is a huge disadvantage and spamms all the view
- you cant do a 180 spin with the raptor using the handbrake
- the complete raptor physics are messed up somehow; you dont take any falling damage as long as you land on your wheels.
Also you cant get stuck anywhere that way.
- sometimes the spawn effect is triggered at the respawn point if you only change to it
- sometimes the dead-player anim is not trigger, so the dead players just stand around in the place and confuse the others
- the pistol secondary has absolutely no recoil

|pure|Destruction
10th Dec 2004, 09:16 PM
affirmative.
i second all this. ;)

MadMan2k
11th Dec 2004, 06:11 AM
forgot this:
- the dodging animation is wrong - it ist the same like dodgejump and therefore played too slow at the end.
- in Alcazar you get damaged if you fall through the clouds
- sometimes the class selector is still active after you spawn, so you cant change the weapons via the num-keys

MadMan2k
11th Dec 2004, 10:52 AM
just played U2XMP for comparison, now i relly recognize the beauty of the old HUD :lol:

- in UTXMP you are not pushed off Energy-Fences, so you can easyly walk on them
- the smoke grenade is moch more effective in U2, beacsue it gets it desity when you need it and not when you were alredy killed by the enemy, who could see you throgh the nice spreading effect
- the gas nade radius is much smaller in UT, makes it easier to avoid it
- the pistol has no recoil in U2 either, so i take this back
- the overall movement feels somehow "smoother" - I dont run out of personal energy that fast..

all in all Id say, UTXMP is not playable yet, so I will wait for future releases before starting it again...

Also It would help if FMI would make a sticky with a list of bugs they are aware of, so people stop repeating themself

MadMan2k
11th Dec 2004, 01:47 PM
and another one:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2090 MHz with 766MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9800 XT (6497)

General protection fault!

History: UGUIStyles::TextSize <- (None) <- GUITabControl::PreDraw <- (GUITabControl Package.GUITabControl) <- UGUIMultiComponent::PreDrawControls <- (XMPSettingsPage Package.XMPSettingsPage) <- GUIMultiComponent::PreDraw <- (XMPSettingsPage Package.XMPSettingsPage) <- GUIController::NativePreRender <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessPreRender <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free