PDA

View Full Version : A few bugs

Destructive-Fly
10th Dec 2004, 04:02 PM
I have just played UTXMP and I am already here to report a bug.
When I was planting force-walls in Garden, the generators connected to another generator that wasn't there. There was nothing there to connect to but there still was a force wall.
When I picked the generators back up to replace them to get them in a decent order, I couldn't place them anymore. I carried them with me, but when I selected them I had nothing in my hand neither could I place them.

SanitysEdge
10th Dec 2004, 04:23 PM
Ive had that happen, but the wall what there visually, but not physically (I could see it, and go though it)

[OS]Cueball
10th Dec 2004, 05:17 PM
Bound to be a few bugs it is a BETA version after all....just wanna say well done to all the guys who worked on gettin the conversion out.

1. Ive had the same with the forcewalls
2. jumpads on (damn whats it called) alcazar i think u know the one with the sky...well they dont work u can walk through them without being boosted up
3. Raptors are bollock hard to drive
4. u cant just get in turret on the jug (may be a crafty build in to the game :))

No serious bugs to report and prob more on the way so will keep u posted...until then keep up the good work

Destructive-Fly
10th Dec 2004, 05:30 PM
I've found another bug that when I switch to a rocket turret I can only switch weapons between a force field generator and a rocket turret.

MĘST
10th Dec 2004, 06:09 PM
My little list:

If you stand on someone when trying to revive them they telefrag you

It'd be nice to have weapon binds in the menu system

I'd like to be able to select class/team using the numpad (I'm an arrow user ... I know ;))

Weapons like shock and pistol won't fire alternate fires (the ones that use more then 1 ammo) if you have don't have enough ammo. Not really a problem but it doesn't reload either which could be annoying if you don't realize the reason.

The inventory station sound effects are real quiet.

Carrying an arty in a harby, it is covered by the turret.

Manteling seems to not work often enough. Getting up from down below on SunsetBeach is a chore.

This was found offline because for some reason I can't connect to the server browser.

Thanks for all the hard work FMI. More constructive critism to come as needed.

3. Raptors are bollock hard to drive
4. u cant just get in turret on the jug

I think the raptor drives well and I can get in the jug turret

Mantik
10th Dec 2004, 06:22 PM
Weapons like shock and pistol won't fire alternate fires (the ones that use more then 1 ammo) if you have don't have enough ammo. Not really a problem but it doesn't reload either which could be annoying if you don't realize the reason.

If it doesn't have enough ammo, how could it alt fire the necessary amounts of bullets? Don't think that's a bug ;)

1) Shooting the flamethrower causes a small little mirrored effect in the right hand side of the screen.

2) Flame alt fire hovers above the ground and deals no damage.

3) Mines explode if placed on the node.

Etc) Turrets on Nakoja don't work at all, regardless of energy level. Not sure about other maps.

MĘST
10th Dec 2004, 07:14 PM
If it doesn't have enough ammo, how could it alt fire the necessary amounts of bullets? Don't think that's a bug ;)

That wasn't the problem ... it was the fact that it wouldn't automatically reload. Just putting it up for discussion among the team ... whether or not if some tried to alt fire without enough ammo it should autoreload or force them to do it manually.

Playing online I came across a few more bugs. The bad turrets, the standing dead bodies, enemy assault tracers ... the regular stuff. I also got a few weird ones. One time I was killed while in the air and just froze there. My weapon model was still visible but I couldn't fire or respawn. Another time I killed someone and all of a sudden I was by a spawn just floating in the air. Had to reconnect. These aren't very good descriptions and I may have mixed them up but it was definitely weird.

Emmet Otter
10th Dec 2004, 07:26 PM
I also noticed when reviving above or close to the player that you get telefragged.

When laying turrets as a tech, I notice it has the "polygon" "wireframe" look to where you see through it with no textures.

In Nakoja, I was manning the rooftop guns til I was blown away by a tank and the gun was still there leaving me to think that it wasnt destroyed if I was another player passing by.

I noticed a few times the flamethrower when fired and the player dies, the flame just hangs there in mid-air.

MĘST
10th Dec 2004, 07:44 PM
The sniper range is too short I think. I can zoom all the way in and get a nice big target but he's still out of range. I'd prefer more range, but I'd settle for less zoom on the sniper to stop me from thinking I can get someone when I can't.

}Bb{Kirby
10th Dec 2004, 07:52 PM
omf heres my list

fix shotgun, assault rifel, and sniperrifel crosshairs
energy rivel's shots move way to slow
downgrade rocketlauncher splash
shotgun altfire looks gay
assault rifel bullets stay in the air for way to long so u get 100 blue lines across ur screen impairing your view
assault rifel alt fire looks like shotgun altfire after the main ball bursts
it could just be me but my guy crouches down after any kind of jump/fall etc.
togglebehindview wont work
color names are broken
hacking beams look gay... espically if they're coming out of ur ass :eek: (look at screeny)
i think stolen artis are yellow on the thingie in the bottom right
no names above ally heads (this has caused a few tk's on my part)
under bindings it says stuff like switch weapon minigun
the hints/tricks while loading are pointless/annoying i.e. "Press and hold the sprint key to run faster for a short period." hmmm i would never have thought that sprint meant run faster for a short period of time
you have to specify a class at the start of every map otherwise u cant spawn
i really dont like the ut2k4 server window thing...

sorry if any of this info has been brought up in other posts but i feel better now that ive gotten my word in... but there will be more from me, dont worry

Fleury14
10th Dec 2004, 08:19 PM
Not a bug so much as balance, but napalms are waaay to strong.

}Bb{Kirby
10th Dec 2004, 08:37 PM
i forgot... gay pistol neutering sucks ass cause sniper rifel shoots faster than a pistol... what planet are you from
dump car altfire (what were u smoking):P and add in the get in the vehicle
put health bars back up top
make the chat things like in u2xmp where if u hit backspace two too many times you dont change it to teamsa
it feels too much like ut2k4 not u2xmp to me :P

Destructive-Fly
11th Dec 2004, 04:37 AM
Another thing, they have to fix the alt fire of the driver in the vehicles so he screams "get in the vehicle" like in U2XMP.

OnYx(DCSB)
11th Dec 2004, 06:50 AM
Hardly any of that was 'constructive' Kirby. Why bother posting if it isn't going to help?