PDA

View Full Version : JB-Skaraphat [was: JB-Bio vegetal]

Kantham
8th Dec 2004, 02:51 PM
NOTICE: it is JB-Skaraphat now , Please report map's bug here (on this thread) , thx

what you think?

JB-Skaraphat (http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=8023)

EDIT:it does need ECE

for bentropicalmeshes.utx (or sommething like this)

Trueblood
8th Dec 2004, 03:17 PM
Running screenies would be nice, but its looking groovy :)

Birelli
8th Dec 2004, 03:46 PM
That outside area looks really nice, the inside looks like it could deal with a little more color though (not that a dreary theme is bad per se), it just looks a little bit dull. Maybe some colored lighting panels or re-texture the meshes with something more colorful.

Anyway, I'll save any more comments until there's a chance to jump in and look around :)

Kantham
8th Dec 2004, 08:13 PM

Kantham
10th Dec 2004, 09:42 AM
almost finished ,

i need more time for execution .....

(3 pic in 1)

Kantham
10th Dec 2004, 11:51 AM
a great view on the main arena

CoolDude
10th Dec 2004, 12:58 PM
Looks nice :)

ZedMaestro
10th Dec 2004, 01:58 PM
Surely you can think of a better name :rolleyes:

Kantham
10th Dec 2004, 02:57 PM

like ................ ?

ZedMaestro
10th Dec 2004, 03:15 PM
Its kinda difficult to name a map from pictures... ;)

Kantham
12th Dec 2004, 06:55 PM
Anyway, I'll save any more comments until there's a chance to jump in and look around :)

soon....

i haved sended the map to nalicity ,it may be avalible tomorow ,

Panorama map , custom loading screen , and somme other custom things , maybe a 6-7 /10

sorry, for ,the,commas,

it is JB-Skaraphat now :)

4WD
13th Dec 2004, 07:10 AM
it may be avalible tomorow
cant find it there... can you provide another link for dl ? wanna have & wanna play that map ;)

CoolDude
13th Dec 2004, 08:05 AM
Found it: JB-Skaraphat (http://download.beyondunreal.com/fileworks.php/nalicity/ut2k4other/jb-skaraphat.zip)

ZedMaestro
13th Dec 2004, 09:42 AM
Lower the size of those coronas. They're frickin' huge!
I predict annoyances with those jail doors, with regards to the ones that swing open. Make the top doors open like the bottom doors do but in the other direction.
While the death sequence is ok, you can enhance it further with the JBMonsterSpawner actor. Remove a bit of vegetation so that the camera can see, and place a couple of WarLords or something in there. You can leave the trees shaking if you must ;)
The JDN explains fully how to implement the JBMonsterSpawner.
I'd suggest moving the shield pickups into the base. Its a bit silly having two so close together when you can only pick up one. Replace them with a weapon like the rocket launcher, then there's a health and weapon incentive to go onto the center bit.
Get a proper stair mesh for the ramp thingy in the bases. The ramp's collision isnt good for stairs.
Any chance of varying the use of that weird static mesh... ie remove some of them and use another? Its a bit overused, and there are plenty of other girder or wall meshes around. This applies in particular to the jail ceiling and the walls behind the release switch.
Could you possibly zoom in the panoramic map to the playing area, and exclude the towers? They arent part of the map and just take up space on the limited size of the panoramic map. The angle is good though.
Could you lower the size of the grass around the health pickups. I didnt think there were any health pickups until I stumbled through that high grass.
Dig into the floor of the bases with some trimming or "grate with pipes underneath" etc, anything to give a texture contrast to the standard floor texture.

tarquin
13th Dec 2004, 10:17 AM
Great screenies!

ZedMaestro
13th Dec 2004, 12:34 PM
Great screenies!
...apart from the one with huge coronas ;)

Kantham
13th Dec 2004, 02:28 PM
it is just to advertise ppl the map is avalible

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=8023

@ ZedMaestro : , the huge coronas are o.k. for me

i agree , the grass is very high , i will change this
possibly the jails door too
for the monsters .. , if somme one can make a velociraptor , it is ok , but i will never add a monster like 'warlord , pupea ... etc
sommes stairs for the platform too

thx for your opinion Zed

4WD
14th Dec 2004, 05:41 PM
this map plays very well, i like it :tup:

but (screenie1) these lights are ... erm.. it's quite hard to see the opponent without becoming blind :nag:
when jail opens, i get blocked by a part of the door (screenie2), hve to jump over :( first time i stayed in jail ;)
then the problem wich zedmaestro mentioned with the grass.
edit: sometimes one of the blue team spawns in red base at startup (happens to me too once) :confused: bug or too many players on it ?

is it possible to put a box or something to hide behind at that place (screenie3) to help the defence ?

anyway that's just my two cents.

Kantham
14th Dec 2004, 05:48 PM
i wil do my best for this ;)

and , all i can say about 'i spawn inside the enemies base' , thats a quite anoying problem i am tring to solve

ZedMaestro
14th Dec 2004, 07:09 PM
In Jailbreak, there was a problem that when there werent enough PlayerStarts in open play, players would spawn in jail. This was solved with a hax that will spawn you on a pathnode if there are no available PlayerStarts. It is possible that the pathnode is in an "advantageous" (or "disadvantageous ", depends how you look at it) position.

The solution is to always have more PlayerStarts than you actually need. I always place at least 8 per team, even on small maps. Placing 8 PlayerStarts here would resolve this problem, I hope. Place a few near each other, for example. But dont go overboard and place 16 per team in such a small map :rolleyes:

Just making up a typical scenario, you could end up in a situation at a LAN. There are, lets say, 27 people playing, and they all vote for one of the smallest Jailbreak maps, and you need enough PlayerStarts to ensure that stupidities like that don't happen. Reminds me of something... ;)

Mychaeel
14th Dec 2004, 09:37 PM
In Jailbreak, there was a problem that when there werent enough PlayerStarts in open play, players would spawn in jail. This was solved with a hax that will spawn you on a pathnode if there are no available PlayerStarts. It is possible that the pathnode is in an "advantageous" (or "disadvantageous ", depends how you look at it) position.
That information is wayyy outdated -- actually, it relates to Jailbreak III only.

Jailbreak 200x makes players who can't spawn where they should because there aren't enough PlayerStarts wait until a PlayerStart is unoccupied.

When players start in the enemy base, my best bet would be that all PlayerStarts have the same TeamNumber set -- in that case, Jailbreak 200x uses them all alike for both teams. (Technically, PlayerStarts with the wrong TeamNumber have a lower rating than ones with the right TeamNumber, but since they've all got the same lower rating, they're all the same again.)

ZedMaestro
15th Dec 2004, 04:45 AM
:rolleyes: @ my confusion

57@RDU57
15th Dec 2004, 06:15 AM
for the monsters .. , if somme one can make a velociraptor , it is ok , but i will never add a monster like 'warlord , pupea ...

Maybe you could try to get in touch with the guy who made the Deinonychus (http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/info/ut2004/deinonychus/deinonychus.shtml) model. Perhaps it could be tweaked a bit so that it actually bites and slashes people...

BTW, it would be really cool if someone did use some U1 monsters in his execution sequence. Preferably monsters that look and behave like animals (i.e. not Warlords, Krall, Skaarj Troopers etc., but Pupae, Mantas, Biter Fish, Nali Cows...).

Kantham
15th Dec 2004, 03:44 PM
yea i saw this model long time ago , it is a nice one
i have no Expertise for coding ..

it is not so bad .. you hear a guy Scream to death ... and the palm trees are shaking ...

but puting a raptor on Execution Sequence is not a bad idea (imho)

Trueblood
15th Dec 2004, 04:35 PM
I had that idea when i remembered Jurassic park.
Remember the bit when two guys were talking outside a raptor cage and they lowered this cow into it? all you could hear was the cow going "Moooooo!!!!" ...trees shaking..and the high pitch sound of raptor screaming.
Idea was kinda flawed at the thought of using the lift as the exit and execution could get messy :hmm: ........ oh and mapping for more then 20mins gets me angry some how :)

ZedMaestro
15th Dec 2004, 05:31 PM
If you looked into the JBMonsterSpawner's properties, you can use it to set up custom monsters. All you need is the monster mesh and skin, and you can implement it :)

...i think ;)

Kantham
15th Dec 2004, 06:22 PM
And the class ....

Melee damage ..... sommething like Deadly

CoolDude
16th Dec 2004, 01:56 PM
I finally got around playing this map.

Already mentioned points:
- the corona's at the bases are far too bright.
- the execution would be nicer with monsters at the bottom of the pit.

Other points:
- You can escape death sequence in jail by standing on the signs, standing on the meshes at the top, standing on the pilars, even standing on the door, ..., see screenshot
- You can get on the outher wall (double jumping and piston jump), see screenshot.
- You can even get outside the map (walking on top of the outher wall until you find the opening at the corner which let you go over it), see screeshot. Just make sure they can't get on the wall, then it's not possible to get outside of the map too.

Overall impression, a nice and small, fun map to play.
Good work :)

Kantham
16th Dec 2004, 03:17 PM
you always put your bots to Agresive when ur alone in jail? ;)

thx for repporting bugs

i will gather them a bit again , to make a Gold version ....

Symbolikal
17th Dec 2004, 02:12 AM
Gold version out when?

Kantham
17th Dec 2004, 06:06 AM
i dont have any ideas ,

i don't map all the time ;)

ZedMaestro
17th Dec 2004, 06:43 AM
Gold tags were only used to suffix the names of the ECE maps that were improved from the original release maps. This map can be quite happily released as JB-Skaraphat without a -Gold suffix on it :)

CoolDude
17th Dec 2004, 10:29 AM
This map can be quite happily released as JB-Skaraphat without a -Gold suffix on it :)I think for the next time you first bring out the map with a beta-suffix or something, then wait for the reactions, make the a new beta-version and if this is OK, make a final version and then upload the final to Nalicity. ;)

Kantham
18th Dec 2004, 09:29 PM
trust me , 'gold' - (SE) edition will have all bugs fixed ....... (ALMOST

like the coronas .. -_-

Trueblood
19th Dec 2004, 11:01 AM
I dont really like the idea of 'gold edition's I end up having two sets of maps filling up my hard drive o__-
Sometimes i dont even like the new bits :o (alot of the time you fix the bits i like to hide in :rolleyes:)
*shakes fist at zed for 'TB proff-ing' his maps* :o

CoolDude
6th Jan 2005, 02:19 AM
Copied from another thread:
maybe you could add mine one day?Any chance on a new version JB-Skaraphat-v2 in the near future?
Maybe first put a beta-link here before finalising it (or send the map to cooldudes1999@yahoo.com and I can provide a beta-link for you).

Kantham
6th Jan 2005, 02:28 AM
possible ,

i am foward for JB-Templus ]Evo[

but i have big problems whit the ut2k3 compatibility ,

if i go deep in detail , when i select all the complete arena (in the editor)
and i erase it , it disapear (like normal) and then , hit buil geo - or buil all , and

you know the story :rolleyes:

Bobfungus
17th Jan 2005, 07:53 PM
Right, my comments:

-As said, the coronas are blinding
-For the glitch where you can stand on stuff in the jail, I would just put a thin blocking volume around the stuff so nobody can stand on it.
-There is still the problem of humans crouching on the opening doors in the execution. you could leave this in as a novelty, but I think you could use a kicker to give everyone a gentle shove so they fall into the pit.
-You don't put a space before a comma. (I bought some ice cream, orange flavored)
-Run the map description through a spellcheck. (no offense or anything, It's just you made a lot of mistakes and that can be corrected so easily.)

Kantham
17th Jan 2005, 08:03 PM
yea , kickers , but then , i need to make them work first

Bobfungus
17th Jan 2005, 09:30 PM
I can't help there, but I got the idea from Zedmaestro, I remember him saying he used them for the execution sequence in Cosmos. Maybe you could look at how he set it up or ask him about it?

Kantham
17th Jan 2005, 10:11 PM
i know i can attach Kickers to movers , but thats all

ZedMaestro
18th Jan 2005, 05:11 AM
Put a mover somewhere where it wont be seen (or make it invisible) and attach kickers to it. Make it move the kickers to the right point in the jail when the execution sequence is triggered.

Kantham
18th Jan 2005, 06:25 AM
simple enought for me , thx

tarquin
8th Feb 2005, 06:00 PM
*bump* :D

This ready for release yet?

Kantham
8th Feb 2005, 07:06 PM
Kantham "get to work!"

WHAT!!!!!!!!

i am working on 3 maps ATM , plus my own web site , all day long i have red line in the eye , so gimme a break

ps- maybe altheck will be JB

Funktion
8th Mar 2005, 05:44 PM
Kantham, any update on the map?

tarquin
9th Mar 2005, 02:53 AM
Isn't this map on NaliCity?
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=8023

CoolDude
9th Mar 2005, 04:01 AM
Isn't this map on NaliCity?That's the original version. However, if you followed this thread, there are a couple of points which people like to see fixed or improved. Kantham in the past said he would do an update, then he said he wouldn't, then he said he would, then he said ... eh ... I don't know anymore.

I think it's a fun map to play, but it would be good to have an updated JB-Skaraphat-v2. I think because of the small bugs and anoyities in the map, it did not reach the Mothership yet.

I still hope Kantham finds time to update it (and then first posts a beta on the forum, before uploading it directly on NC ;) ).

Kantham
9th Mar 2005, 09:03 AM
Look for JB-Cawan in the future. ;)

Note that i also tested the map with almost all the bugs you sorted out , the weirdest<--(it is a word?) was the spot in jail where i can stay on it to not fall in the raptor pit. I am working on a DM map atm , it looks like rankin a bit. (for somme ppl)

Matthew Leech
11th Mar 2005, 06:23 PM
maybe you should make your betas public in future times.

greetz

matteo

Matthew Leech
11th Mar 2005, 06:44 PM
sorry, i forgot to tell you that i like this map a LOT

greetz,

matteo

Kantham
11th Mar 2005, 08:48 PM
That's ok , don't worry with it , there are more on the way. I learned alot with this one.

CoolDude
22nd Mar 2005, 03:30 PM
bugreport:
1. Playing on red. After losing a round, a blue player spawns in our base and gets raped... Take a look at the playerstarts.Yep, noticed that too. When checking in UED, it seems PlayerStart31 should be Team 0, at the moment it's Team 1.

Kantham
22nd Mar 2005, 04:14 PM
Yep, noticed that too. When checking in UED, it seems PlayerStart31 should be Team 0, at the moment it's Team 1.

:shy:

Kantham
30th Mar 2005, 06:36 PM
Who honnestly think i should update it?

CoolDude
31st Mar 2005, 12:35 AM
I do. I even started to do some changes myself.

If you like, I already got an updated version for ya, containing the following changes:
- Changed wrong player start
- Added top blocking volume
- Reduced corona's
- Changed Level description
- Changed screenshot material sequence a bit
- Changed loading screen a bit
- Changed Panoramascreen to LODSetInterface
- Compressed some textures (LoadingScreen, etc)

Kantham
31st Mar 2005, 06:35 AM
I authorize you ''CoolDude'' to completely modify the map , and upload it.

You can chage the goemetry of the map a bit ,changing the item placement, and adding some details.

PS: My loading screen was not compressed?

Matthew Leech
31st Mar 2005, 01:17 PM
cooldude, ill talk to you on xfire and ill test it out for you ok and find the bugs that you can fix.

CoolDude
31st Mar 2005, 03:23 PM
PS: My loading screen was not compressed?Nope, and neither were your screenshots (I believe). The unpacked filesize wnet from 12MB to approx. 6 MB.

@Matthew: You'll get your chance when I think it's ready to test ;)
I just got lots of things to work on atm...

Kantham
31st Mar 2005, 03:42 PM
That's my bad . :hmm:

Anyway , it won't happen anymore

tarquin
28th Mar 2006, 07:24 AM
Status of this map please?

The_Head
28th Mar 2006, 10:48 AM
In the same state as current version on Nalicity, Kantham didn't see the need to do anything more with it as it was all down to personal preferce as far as I can see.

CoolDude
28th Mar 2006, 11:27 AM
I still have got a version, which I did some work on for the last JELP.
Here is the change list:
- Changed wrong player starts
- Reduced corona's
- probably some other stuff ... If someone has the time and wants it as a base for completing it (some weapon re-placement would be nice), please let me know.

Kantham
28th Mar 2006, 11:51 AM
omg LOL.

This map is one of the first UT2004 JB one, and the first NC3 2k4JB one.
I am not sure if we should bother on it honnestly, there is barely no Z axis and way to many things to fix. The jail sequence also need a re-work (coding), bots jump of the platform, but the human players can still crouch and don't fall.

Will try to work on something else instead. I just need to finish what i'm doing already :hmm:

Trueblood
28th Mar 2006, 04:36 PM
boooooooooo we want your map :)

Kantham
28th Mar 2006, 04:38 PM
You can always do it, but try to make the human players fall in the jail will be a sport.

INIQUITOUS
28th Mar 2006, 06:08 PM
use a kicker

The_Head
29th Mar 2006, 01:23 AM
Could probably use a physics volume too, but a kicker would be better

Kantham
29th Mar 2006, 10:54 AM
I never worked much with kickers. I know spoondog used them in his 'laser-fence' style jail map. It seems to be very usefull.

tarquin
13th May 2006, 03:38 AM
I've just played it.

Sure there's z-axis! It's just that the bots never use it! They NEVER go to get the flak, and barely go up the lower walkway for the powerup.
And yeah, those coronas are a bit too bright.

There's grass poking through the base of a pillar, and it's also a nasty place to get stuck.

I'd do something about the lightning gun too. The whole map turns into a snipe-fest right from the start, even in the bases.

CoolDude
13th May 2006, 06:42 AM
Some unfinished business:

JB-Skaraphat-v2-beta1 (http://www.clanlessfun.com/cooldude/JB-Skaraphat-v2-beta1.zip)

The last work I did was exactly 1 year ago.
At that time I just changed the static meshes in jails into movers, so the could be shifted (or turned) at capture and people would fall off.

Change log (so far):
- Changed wrong player starts
- Reduced corona's

ToDo List:
- Finalise movers in jail
- Add kickers in jail
- Botpathing
- Weapon placement
-Perhaps add Custom Monsters in execution (would it be easy to to convert custom raptortype playerskins into Custom Monsters?)

Due to my current lack of time, maybe somebody else wants to continue with it (if OK with Kantham) ...

Hazel.H
13th May 2006, 08:29 AM
I'd like to have a go at re-lighting the bases, a bit of optimisation and weapon placement, if that's ok with Kantham :)

Kantham
13th May 2006, 09:59 AM
Yes, sure :)

By the way, i just played Gravity yesturday on FBu, Awesome map :tup:

G.Lecter
13th May 2006, 01:15 PM
Old map this one, one of the first custom JBs out... Reminds me my newb times... :p
I like the layout this one has in the outside area, but the bases are definitely not of my taste... Way too campable IMO, 3 different paths outside, only a deadend in the base... of course I'd defend on the deadend... :D Another thing I don't like much is the Minigun, the map just feels like a Minigun spray, especially the first wave at the begining of every round.

These are my layout and item placement suggestions [In addition to 'Remove the Minigun please']: :)
http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/3076/skaraphat18pm.jpg
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/5643/skaraphat27zd.jpg
http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/4682/skaraphat36te.jpg
http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/6418/skaraphat43qj.jpg

Other minor things:
- The map needs loads of BlockingVolumes, you can get stuck everywhere if you walk near a wall... :p
- IMO the flying crafts would look better without that kind of televisions on them...
- A 'Door' NavigationPoint is needed at each jail. The bots try to get out of the jail if you put your ShieldGun ready to jailfight. It also needs an AssaultPath system, I can look at this you want, although this one looks pretty easy... :rolleyes:
- The PlayerStarts should be aiming towards a weapon (now the weapon is right behind the PlayerStarts... ;))
- Lower the grass, you should be able to see something when you aren't crouching down.
- There's a spelling error in the jail picture.
- Some JailCameras around would be nice.

Keep up the good work! :tup:

tarquin
13th May 2006, 01:22 PM
I think the hole in the lower walkway is good -- it gives you a brief moment of not being shot at!
Also, the deadend could be shortened, but not removed totally.
It's a very small map. You need to defend close to the base, otherwise you're too much in the open, good players can get you nearly right out of their base.

Hazel.H
13th May 2006, 06:28 PM
My PC just crashed horribly while trying to join a server, now UT & UnrealEd won't start and no amount of restarting / copying files will fix it so I'm having to reinstall :rolleyes:

Here's what I was working on this morning - weapon placement was done before lec's suggestions so it's a bit different ;) I like your ideas except for the switch / shock rifle setup :P IMO the switch needs to be out of sight from the rest of the map, otherwise it will be too hitscan-dominated. This is the reason I kept the shock rifles near to where they were and placed the lightning gun at the centre. I like the idea of the dodge ramps, that middle path seems a bit too linear.

Changes:
- Reworked the lighting in the bases
- Added basic INI-proofing (kill volume under terrain, limitation volume around the jail door limiting the translocator) :lol:
- Added a few blocking volumes
- Changed the texture and lightmap of the floors in the base - the dark texture made it very hard to distinguish players
- Removed unnecessary meshes on the floor near the lock
- Deleted extra skins from weapon bases

Weapon placement:
- The weapons on one side of the map never actually spawned, link and flak bases were set to spawn nothing :confused:
- Replaced minigun with link
- Replaced the link with the rocket launcher and moved it (minigun is now gone)
- Moved 50 shields into base doorways
- Replaced keg with lightning gun
- Moved the shock rifle
- Moved bio further away from the pillar
- Re-arranged most of the ammo
- Moved the two healh packs away from the side of the map
- Added health vials to the middle ramps

http://www.hazelwhorley.com/downloads/jb-skaraphat-v2-beta2.rar

Botpaths need altering, mainly placement of nodes, jump spots and assault paths. The level preview and jail screens will need updating eventually to reflect the new visual changes. I was going to move the locks out of the dead end a little. Might be a good idea to put blocking volumes on the topmost walkway meshes too, it sticks there sometimes. I probably won't be able to look at this again until Thursday (exams) :( so does anyone else want to pick this up in the meantime?

G.Lecter
14th May 2006, 06:43 AM
I'd like to polish some things in it, mainly BlockingVolumes and Bots, but also dodgeramps and minor visual details... if you agree of course... :rolleyes:

Good placement changes btw... :tup:

G.Lecter
15th May 2006, 11:23 AM
OK, worked a little on it. :D

JB-Skaraphat-v2-Beta3 (http://shared.hazelwhorley.com/JB-Skaraphat-v2-beta3.zip)

Changes:
- BotPathing completed (AssaultPaths and JumpSpots). Also added some transloacator-jumps, so I hope they'll ever be used... :rolleyes:
- Added a bunch BlockingVolumes. The ramps and some meshes in the base aren't blocked, though.
- Added dodgeramps and removed the handrails from the platform in the middle.
- Lowered foliage.
- Added JBCameras.
- Added yellow and blue-ish lights in the main wall of the bases, and other minor texture and mesh changes all around (got rid of those overseen arrows... \o/)
- Item placement stays as it was done by Hazel, except some minor things.
· The Switch was moved out of the deadend (No, not at the base door! :D).
· LinkGun moved beside the Pillar.
· Shield moved a bit more inside the base.
· The DoubleDamage spawns at the begining of every round, in order to avoid everyone rushing to the middle.
· PlayerStart tweaks.

Feel free to undo anyting you don't like... :) (Well, don't screw up the BotPaths or the Blocking... you know what I mean... :p)

Kantham
15th May 2006, 12:01 PM
Really love this version, let me know when it's done, i'll update it on my website crediting everyone who worked on it.

CoolDude
15th May 2006, 03:23 PM
It seems the paths through the jail door actors is broken in beta3, which causes the bots to stay in jail sometimes.
Fixing it atm.
Beta4 is mine ;)

Hazel.H
15th May 2006, 03:53 PM
I made a shader to replace the light texture Lecter added if you think it looks any better :) It's the same texture but a bit more detailed and with a kinda glowy effect, so it doesn't just look like a green gradient.

http://www.hazelwhorley.com/downloads/skaraphat_light.zip

The_Head
16th May 2006, 06:27 AM
Good job guys 'n girls, we should do this with other old maps that need finishing.

Kantham
16th May 2006, 09:58 AM
Good job guys 'n Hazel, we should do this with other old maps that need finishing.

I'm not sure that Solide will be easy, the whole layout is a problem actualy.

tarquin
17th May 2006, 03:23 AM
Looking at GLecter's version (v2-Beta3)...

There's a pointless red light in the deadend where the switch used to be
You need something where the switch is now
probably need to think of something to go in the deadend, too!
Could you put the fencing back along the middle walkway? it looks really bare without it
I can't do the jump ramp you've put in -- that's the slanty bit of fencing, right? Then again, I can't do jump ramps ANYWHERE :(
maybe change its texture so it's the same sort of colour as the other fencing
you've blocked off the ledge near the base entrance that you can get to from the flak walkway. I was hoping we could turn that into a sniper area. I can still get to the smaller ledge where the TV screen is.
I managed to avoid execution by standing really close to the jail door. Try a lower setting of ExecutionDelayFallback, maybe?

The_Head
17th May 2006, 06:33 AM
Dodge Jump -> from about 1-2metres away dodge towrds the wall and hit jump just before you hit the slope.
Gets easier if you take a run up and dodge sideways (more speed)

(can't check out the map at the moment, sold my graphics card so have to wait for the new one, currently on a really old one..... struggles with windows XP....:P)

CoolDude
21st May 2006, 09:59 AM
OK, new beta:

JB-Skaraphat-v2-beta4 (http://www.clanlessfun.com/cooldude/JB-Skaraphat-v2-beta4.zip)

Changelog:
- Fixed door actors (now there are 3 for each jail :P).
- Finished mesh movers in jail.
- Added invisible movers at the jailscreens/ jaildoors (not possible to escape execution anymore).
- Reduced the ExecutionFallback to 5 seconds.
- The two Jailfloor movers are now triggered differently.
- StartExecution and EndExecution now use their own ScriptedTriggers to avoid possible problems.
- Added movabale BlockingVolumes underneath jailfloor to avoid falling through when killed (subclass).
- Fixed the spelling error on the raptor picture as much as I could, without the original file.
- Removed/cut some blocking volumes, I don't like running into invisible walls if the space is wide enough (I never got stuck at these points).
- Placed AssaultRifle/Ammo in the deadend. Can be replaced by something else (healthpack?) afaik.
- Moved the red/blue light mentioned by Tarquin to the new switch position.
- Re-positioned some badly aligned meshes.
- Added Hazel's shaders.
- Added the banner and line pattern to the Loading Screen.
- Added Jailcam overlays.
- Probably some other unimportant stuff.

Outstanding Points:
- Fencing: Should we bring back the fencing back in the middle (as requested by Tarquin)? I liked it too, but it mess up Lecter's wanted z-axis action.
- Dead-End: Keep the Assault Rifle or replace it with something else?
- Blocking volumes: OK like this?
- Redo the Screenshots because of the changed lighting (material sequence)

If, during rebuilding, you get message about "Map will fail in Networkplay", then ignore it. It's caused by making some lights and blocking volumes Non-Static, they will work in networkplay normally.

G.Lecter
20th Jan 2008, 02:19 PM
[/forum disaster]

If someone is interested in finishing it, here's the latest beta.
JB-Skaraphat-v2-beta5 (http://shared.hazelwhorley.com/JB-Skaraphat-v2-beta5.zip)

It only needs Panorama map and a LoadingScreen, I think...

ne_skaju
14th Feb 2008, 07:19 AM
I thought it has final version; didnt liked very much either, apart frum interesting design.